Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

A 25% average drop in attendance post-midnights (from TDK) means that the media's sensationalism and talking down to people was effective one more time. I'm not saying that they wanted this result, it just seems to be the only way they know how to cover stories. And it's depressing and terrible.

Yep.. I can't believe that post-midnight Friday number. Less than 50m... who would have ever thought...Movie-going audience needs to grow up. It isn't respectful, somber etc etc to sit the movie out. Going to see it would actually be a tribute to the victims, if that's what they are aiming for.

Here's my semi rant:This tragedy has affected the opening weekend numbers, I believe that and have never denied it. The thing I don't buy into is that it is the only reason for the "soft numbers". This event is disgusting, despicable and horrific. Yes, it is is keeping people home.But to all of you saying that it is the only reason, is that really fair? There are about a dozen or more examples of films that have faltered on their third film. I realize the opening weekend should be where it excels, but the Joker/Heath effect cannot be over looked. Isn't that fair to say?There are numerous factors to this, the shooting is definitely one, but not the only one.

• Like 6

Haters:

family biz is definitely sharply impacted today crowd is mostly college age and above so yes the aurora impact on attend is real {nm}

notfabio on Jul 21, 16:10

We can now put to rest that there was no effect from the tragedy. And it sounds as though it had a MAJOR effect.

Thank you. I have been saying the family audience would hold off since the news broke but I also think it has gone beyond that demo. I've seen tweets of people saying their parents won't let them go for now. These people look like high school kids.

Mods, could you say to Fishnets to stop the spoilers on TDKR ???This is getting irritating ...She even spoils in non TDKR threads.Make her stop ASAP.Remember : strictly enforced ???THank you very much.

She's not spoiling anything. I've read her posts. Stop being a nuisance.

Haters:

family biz is definitely sharply impacted today crowd is mostly college age and above so yes the aurora impact on attend is real {nm}

notfabio on Jul 21, 16:10

We can now put to rest that there was no effect from the tragedy. And it sounds as though it had a MAJOR effect.

Fuck this shit, tracking box office is no fun anymore.

Here's my semi rant:This tragedy has affected the opening weekend numbers, I believe that and have never denied it. The thing I don't buy into is that it is the only reason for the "soft numbers". This event is disgusting, despicable and horrific. Yes, it is is keeping people home.But to all of you saying that it is the only reason, is that really fair? There are about a dozen or more examples of films that have faltered on their third film. I realize the opening weekend should be where it excels, but the Joker/Heath effect cannot be over looked. Isn't that fair to say?There are numerous factors to this, the shooting is definitely one, but not the only one.

Well said. It just seems that the tragedy is giving some people both the ammunition needed to completely overlook the possible existence of other factors and the right to declare their opinion as the only valid one...after all, what kind of heartless monster would argue against such emotional reasoning? Edited by nAlkaline
  • Like 1

It's just a fanboy excuse as to why it didn't make more.

Oh really? This movie might not even reach 160m. That's how much it was always going to make? Bullshit!The fact is, even on opening day alone this movie was doing weak. It only made 46m outside of the midnights. That is just not good, no matter how you spin it Edited by John Marston

What kind of universe are we living in where TDKR gets beat by THG in every day except midnights? If it really comes in 40-43m for Saturday then THG absolutely spanked it on SAT.THG is my baby but that's just ridiculous. Crazy talk. Before 24 hours ago you'd be institutionalized for the notion of it.

Edited by The aDIM Legacy
  • Like 2

People that don't believe the shooting had a big effect are just trolling at this point.As Baumer said, there may be another reasons, but the shooting had a big effect. There is no denial.

• Like 1

Agreed.

Agreed. I feel slightly different from you though. I think the tragedy is having a bigger impact than what you seem to feel, but I think it's pretty apparent that this would have struggled to 180 - 185ish without the tragedy. It's obvious the 200 m ow was never in play.

That is for today, not yesterday.

Did I miss something or is today Saturday? Of COURSE it's for today.Sheesh.The other thing is, I think this is leg clipping too. I think by the time people decide they want to see the movie who skipped it, it won't be in enough theaters and screens to make a serious impact. What's done is done.People on both sides are ridiculous but truthfully anyone gloating about the lack of success is pretty shallow. We now know for certain why the film is truly being killed. GRanted it was over hyped, we know that too, but in the wake of 14 dead, and 71 shot, we shouldn't be gloating about people making predictive failures.You who do, are like people who said the Titanic couldn't cross the Atlantic in 7 days, and then gloated when it didn't meet the deadline. GMAFB. Show some class. You may only have been right BECAUSE of the tragedy. We'll never know. Edited by lancer1997
  • Like 2

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Thank you!

Okay cool, but try to be more careful next times.Everybody who has seen the movie is making an effort to not spoil anything, even little hints you 'd think are not important.I overreacted and I will watch Batman and Robin in Korean without subtitles for my sin.
  • Like 1