Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

That will drop like a rock in the coming days/weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if this one eventually ends up out of the top 250, even on Nolan's playground (IMDB).

I seriously doubt it exits the top 250 entirely, especially since Batman Begins with worse reviews is hanging around in the low 100s.
  • Like 1

That will drop like a rock in the coming days/weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if this one eventually ends up out of the top 250, even on Nolan's playground (IMDB).

I think it will stay in the top 250, but barely. Edited by CJohn

I seriously doubt it exits the top 250 entirely, especially since Batman Begins with worse reviews is hanging around in the low 100s.

Agreed. Doubt it drops out of the 250 considering how IMDB has an enormous amount of diehard Nolan fans. Can't say if it's deserving or not, since I haven't seen it, but it would shock me if it didn't stay in the top 250.

TDKR has pretty equal reviews to BB overall, especially since more reviews continue to come in for TDKR and it will probably drop a bit more. In time I'm entirely confident the vast majority will agree on TDKR being the weakest of teh trilogy. Even if it doesn't leave the top 250 on IMDB (although it should) I'd bet money on it being lower than BB within 6 months.

I couldn't care less about IMDb rankings, but I think in time TDKR will, like Begins, develop a kind of cult following in years to come. For its genre it's a really strangely put together movie.

Edited by Hatebox

I couldn't care less about IMDb rankings, but I think in time TDKR will, like Begins, develop a kind of cult following in years to come. For its genre it's a really strangely put together movie.

Strange. But brilliant.
  • Like 1

TDKR has pretty equal reviews to BB overall, especially since more reviews continue to come in for TDKR and it will probably drop a bit more. In time I'm entirely confident the vast majority will agree on TDKR being the weakest of teh trilogy. Even if it doesn't leave the top 250 on IMDB (although it should) I'd bet money on it being lower than BB within 6 months.

There's already 200+ reviews. There would have to be a pretty big wave of negatives for it to drop to Batman Begins' average rating. And seeing as the last 20 posted have been fresh, that doesn't seem very likely. Edited by tribefan695

There's already 200+ reviews. There would have to be a pretty big wave of negatives for it to drop to Batman Begins' average rating.

86%/7.9 is where I'm guessing it ends on RT. Begins did 85%/7.7. That's practically the exact same critical reception.

Doubtful. Not with these numbers.

94%

liked it

Average Rating: 4.6/5

User Ratings: 372,822

It will be curious to see how history views Nolan's Batman trilogy. Other than TDK, which was widely acknowledged as a masterpiece, the other two films leave a bit more room for interpretation and historical placement. I think it deserves its place as the second best trilogy of this generation after LOTR and a bit better than Bourne, assuming TDKR is as good as I expect. Seeing it tomorrow. Edited by nAlkaline

If TDKR were really so disappointing to everyone, we would have witnessed its effects by now. An A Cinemascore and that immensely positive rating means most are satisfied.I've definitely had my experience being underwhelmed by a critically acclaimed blockbuster, but so far I can say my opinion is not shared by the general public in both cases.

Edited by tribefan695

I don't think that the GP hate it or are massively disappointed. Just that it will completely lack the WOM that made TDK a phenomenon. It will act more like every other big blockbuster that opens to a $150m+ OW and doesn't have TDK/TA WOM. That doesn't mean people hate it or dislike though.