Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

If this shooting truly had an effect, and it's the reason as to why no one is seeing TDKR over the weekend. Then it should have some Amazing dailies, and it's 2nd weekend should be over $85m if not more. If it doesn't, then we will all know that the shooting had no effect. It's not like the fuckin movie is going to be jinxed and that no one is ever gonna go and watch it.

If this shooting truly had an effect, and it's the reason as to why no one is seeing TDKR over the weekend. Then it should have some Amazing dailies, and it's 2nd weekend should be over $85m if not more. If it doesn't, then we will all know that the shooting had no effect. It's not like the fuckin movie is going to be jinxed and that no one is ever gonna go and watch it.

Opening to 160M means that the shooting definitely had an effect. For how long this will last is the question now. There is no conceivable way this was going to open to 160M before the shootings.

Opening to 160M means that the shooting definitely had an effect. For how long this will last is the question now. There is no conceivable way this was going to open to 160M before the shootings.

Well, you can't think that the shootings affected TDKR by over $40m dollars, or even over $30m. Like I said, if people stay away, it will most likely be for just this weekend, maybe a week at most. So if we don't see a 2nd weekend well OVER $75m, then it can't entirely be the shooting, but the film itself as well.

Well, you can't think that the shootings affected TDKR by over $40m dollars, or even over $30m. Like I said, if people stay away, it will most likely be for just this weekend, maybe a week at most. So if we don't see a 2nd weekend well OVER $75m, then it can't entirely be the shooting, but the film itself as well.

I don't think the film itself is a big factor, or a factor at all. The vast majority of people love the film. Edited by riczhang

We also have to keep in mind that midnight business was immune to the shooting effect. So, if the movie was supposed to open to 180M but instead opened to 163M, then the effect is 17M out of 150M (180-30M of midnights).

Edited by XenoZodiac

Come on people if this had open to 175m than yeah I could have agreed that the shooting did not effect it much. 163m is obviously a sign that it made people stay away

All you have to do is look at the larger than expected drops for all the other films this weekend. Thats much stronger proof that people definitely stayed away.

Like I said, if people stay away, it will most likely be for just this weekend, maybe a week at most.

Maybe. Way back in the earlier pages of this thread, I said that the movie box office would be depressed until the Christmas holidays.Now I'm wondering if that might've been a bit much.I think it'll pick up next weekend. And after everyone sees next weekend go nice and safely (with no shootings), I think the following weekend will go up again, and be almost normal. (The weekend of August.) But I think it will help for folks to see a "safe" weekend first.

I asked the theater manager today if they had been doing much business, which said not at all. Clearly they were doing well, but they had no sell outs yesterday or today.

To quote "all the information we were given said it was tracking higher than any film ever before. We readied hundreds of workers, show times, and all that. the film certainly delivers, and it was obvious from the presales and midnight attendance that the interest and demand were certainly at highest levels... and one person ruins all the excitement. We just hope they will come see it eventually". Something like that. The manager certainly seemed deflated when I asked the question. They had clearly been anticipating much bigger business.

"How much would TDKR have made on opening weekend had there been no shooting?" is likely to be the single greatest question in box office history.

163 million (maybe). Given presales, midnights, and tracking, I think we can guess that the shooting cost them AT LEAST 30 million. That is probably a conservative guess.

Some of you guys are so stupid honestly. You think people aren't going to the movies right now because they are scared?? Its because they aren't in the mood anymore. Hell I know people who have been looking forward to this movie for months and even they opted not to go this weekend. In case you guys forgot, the shooting happened only 48 hours ago. People are unlikely to forget about it soon.

• Like 1

Some of you guys are so stupid honestly. You think people aren't going to the movies right now because they are scared?? Its because they aren't in the mood anymore. Hell I know people who have been looking forward to this movie for months and even they opted not to go this weekend. In case you guys forgot, the shooting happened only 48 hours ago. People are unlikely to forget about it soon.

Who says they are scared?The shooting was a huge buzzkill. The level of enthusiasm surrounding the movie plummeted. The urge to rush out and see it asap vanished into thin air. The strong desire to see it didnt vanish, but the sense of urgency certainly did.

Theyll go later

by the way, why do you argue about this? "if" "if"...But this tragedy happened, so arguing about real potential is useless, the performance of the movie disappointed, that's all.The Avengers won 2012.

Edited by Fullbuster

TDKR - $163 millionIA4 - $20.6 million (-56%)TASM - $11.1 million (-68%)Ted - $10.3 million (-54%)Brave - $5.7 million (-49%)MM - $4.3 million (-53%)Savages - $3.3 million (-65%)TPM - $2.2 million (-61%)MK - $1.9 million (-49%)Mad 3 - $1.5 million (-60%)People were saying shooting had minimal to no effect, drops are absolutely atrocious across the board.

Look up the drops when TDK opened. Edited by Elessar