Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

After reading the last couple pages... I'm starting to worry.I thought TDKR was a fantastic film and the best of the trilogy. Please I can't be the only one that thinks that!

You're not alone. I also think TDKR is amazing. But, I can see why some don't like it, and I think WOM for the public will be mixed. I think TDKR is either a love it or hate it kind of film.

I don't understand the love for the Avengers. I thought it was really good, and I saw it twice, but its inferior to the first IM, the first two SM, and TDK IMO. I think a strong case could be made BB is better also.It was good, just don't see the #1 hype to it.But then again I don't let grosses determine my favorites, so perhaps that's where I am off?

Tight script, great action, clever dialogue, never loses sight of its leads and their place within the story despite there being 8 of them
  • Like 3

Just trying to figure out where the Avengers succeeded. I thought part of it was quite sloppy and inferior to some of its heroes own movies.Like I said, I don't understand, was looking for clarification as to what people saw that I didn't.

I don't think anyone is going to say it's a marvel of technical filmmaking skill, but Wheldon injects total and utter joy into the film. And it shows. People just had fun watching it. I can't speak for everyone else, but watching The Avengers made me feel like a child again; it was just a good time. The Batman series has always been darker and cerebral...and has been getting more so as the series continued. I haven't seen TDKR yet, so I don't want to comment on it, but it seems that it's the darkest of the trilogy and after some time, the unflinching , brutal style of Nolan may take its toll on some people. TA was just a more accessible film to the general audience, which in addition to 3D, is the primary reason it will be the highest domestic grossing film of this year in my opinion.
  • Like 3

Just trying to figure out where the Avengers succeeded. I thought part of it was quite sloppy and inferior to some of its heroes own movies.Like I said, I don't understand, was looking for clarification as to what people saw that I didn't.

The reason for TA's success is the team up aspect. Never done before plus movie looked fun. This led to great WOM it had.Hulk absolutely steals the show, Downey is back to his IM1 best, Loki's a worthy villain and I could go on. People love this type of movie and BO reflects that.

I'm saying that's the lower end. It's also been trending downwards throughout the day.

Well, we will see. I think the Saturday number will give us a pretty good idea if the shooting had a big impact or not.I think it impacted the family audience demographic but I wasn't expecting that demo to make up much of this movies audience share to begin with.

As we getting deeper into the weekend the negative opinions will grow. Those with a lot invested into the film emotionally to go see it IMMEDIATELY will always come out with glowing reviews. Nothing wrong with that...it's human nature.And if anyone lets the shooting keep them from the theater I suppose they also think we can't go to college (Virgina Tech), Luby's (Texas way back when), Shopping malls or any other place that has had a shooting. It's ridiculous.

After reading the last couple pages... I'm starting to worry.I thought TDKR was a fantastic film and the best of the trilogy. Please I can't be the only one that thinks that!

Most people think that, from fanboys to common people, just haters are trying to bash it hard, comparing it to crap films like SM3, XM3, PotC3, Shrek 3Just don't feed them
  • Like 1

-The movie had great memorable moments.- The casting was great. The acting was great all around (there was no one that was as bad as Anne Hathaway in TDKR), with the actors delivering their lines just right.-The movie had witty lines and funny moments- The action sequences were great. The action was great.-The movie had a little bit of everything and everything worked perfectly. It was the definition of a great action movie.
  • Like 2

Also Variety is pretty bad with the box office reporting. Wouldn't put much, well any, stock in their number

Agreed. These are the same fools that said The Avengers would have a hard time beating Avatars second weekend after it pulled in nearly 30 million on its second Friday.

Well, we will see. I think the Saturday number will give us a pretty good idea if the shooting had a big impact or not.I think it impacted the family audience demographic but I wasn't expecting that demo to make up much of this movies audience share to begin with.

yeah but is still an impact and for example i told my mom about the shooting and she said that if it had been here on mexico see wouldn't let me go and see it even i thought i have talk it like crazy for the las 4 years so this could happen to people specially on the ages of 13-16 which at least here go to me movies very often and see this kind of things i mean i will impact but hopefully i will mke up later on the run hopefully

-The movie had great memorable moments.- The casting was great. The acting was great all around (there was no one that was as bad as Anne Hathaway in TDKR), with the actors delivering their lines just right.-The movie had witty lines and funny moments- The action sequences were great. The action was great.-The movie had a little bit of everything and everything worked perfectly. It was the definition of a great action movie.

Did you just say there was no one as bad as Anne Hathaway...Now, I don't believe for a second that you've seen TDKR. How can you imply Hathaway's performance sucked?

Did you just say there was no one as bad as Anne Hathaway...Now, I don't believe for a second that you've seen TDKR. How can you imply Hathaway's performance sucked?

Anne did well with what she had to work with and looked great in her tight leather outfit. :)

- The casting was great. The acting was great all around (there was no one that was as bad as Anne Hathaway in TDKR), with the actors delivering their lines just right.

:rofl: Edited by acsc1312