Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

The foreign numbers will be extremely indicative of TDK's overall run in the US without the shootings. As someone living overseas (Australia) I can say that the shootings have had absolutely no effect on the film. The massacre is not getting much press here, people aren't talking about it etc.

Also I agree if TDKR was going to destroy all records, the midnights were going to have to be bigger.

Kudos to you. I have been reading your posts. You held your ground against many bat loonies and stated that TDKR would not top TA. :)

It really depends on how bad the drops are today and tomorrow...and if the casual audience that didn't go this weekend because of the shootings, returns to see this next weekend and it has a good second weekend drop (all things considered, etc).

A 2nd weekend rebound...why not.But what about a "totally cursed movie" case?Tragedy while opening.No records despite the pedigree.People avoiding it because of his dark/bleak content.Another way to enter the HistoryofCinema books....

The foreign numbers will be extremely indicative of TDK's overall run in the US without the shootings. As someone living overseas (Australia) I can say that the shootings have had absolutely no effect on the film. The massacre is not getting much press here, people aren't talking about it etc.

I agree. If the DOM OW was to increase by as much from TDK as the UK, it would've made $219m (roughly).

Kudos to you. I have been reading your posts. You held your ground against many bat loonies and stated that TDKR would not top TA. :)

They were loonies (and there weren't actually that many of them). But beating its OW attendence was in play. Edited by Hatebox

I'm guessing that was the general feeling around here. I'm still pretty new here but I think that most people predicted that if any movie was to break the 200M barrier first it was supposed TDKR and when TA came out, TDKR would easily follow.

Only a few believed in 200M before TA opened.

Rest were just jumping on the bandwagon as TDKR neared its release.

Nothing wrong with light and fun. That's what comics books are like for the most part. Besides some of the best superhero movies ever had been that way. First two Supermans, first two Spider-Mans, and Iron Man.TA also had 5 movies as backstory. ;)

Like I said, I meant Marvel as a whole. Each one of those "backstories" had the same issue with me (barring CA, which was actually pretty good imo). IM, while speared with a fantastic performance by RDJ doesn't scream at me to watch it over and over again. The others...mehh

Craig Ferguson changed his opening and cut out the show's monologue for last nights show. Take a look.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvY_QbxvoLA&feature=player_embedded

That one doesn't work "in my region" but I found another vid on youtube. He a classy guy. I have a lot of respect for him. Edited by Magic

When TA opened opening weekend prediction were all around TDK adjusted or 180 million."They were loonies (and there weren't actually that many of them). But beating its OW attendence was in play."Yeah I still say it getting to 200 million because it appeared opening day was going to massive.Then with the Midnights I knew it was over.

I can't even imagine any other film take the record in the near future. At least not in 2013/2014.

And TA2 should be the first mega-blockbuster in 2015. So the record will stay with Avengers. They are an unbeatable team!

Won't the THG fans shout at you: "Catching Fire!" "Mockingjaypart1!" "Mockingjaypart2"!

(héhé)