MagnetMan

Favorite 80s films... for the old-timers

I literally could go on forever about 80's films, but I am going to go with some unheralded ones in here when I feel like contributing ;)I will start off with North Shore. Who didn't use Barney and haole in their vocabulary after that?How about Rad? Good soundtrack and was playing off the BMX craze at the time

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2

I always liked The Last Starfighter. Yeah I know it was playing off the sci-fi craze due to Star Wars, but who didn't think because they could play a video game that they couldn't really fly a ship or drive a tank and blow up things? ;)

• Like 2

Oh, Die Hard will be in my top 10 until the day I die... regardless of how long I live.

It's my favorite Christmas themed movie ever.God what else is there to say. Most of the blockbusters are given but there wasSummer SchoolBack to SchoolTeen WolfJust One of the GuysThe John Hughes filmsCloak and DaggerWildcats48 HoursBeverly Hills Cop 1 and 2. Those last three I keep telling the younger generation, to watch those films if you want to see how funny and sharp Eddie Murphy was. Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

Of course, I love the quintessential 80s movies, but what really brings a smile to my face is reaching way back, to those films that didn't stand the test of time, but still hold a special place because of my immersion into them at the time... such as:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

I'm so jealous of you old geezers!!! T.T. If there is any period in time I would kill to go back to it would be without a doubt the 80's.A thousand friday the 13ths, freddy kreuger, and michael myers and their copycats, Back to the Future, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the finale of Star Wars, Batman '89 (as well as witness the first true gigantic, record-breaking OW), Aliens, T1 & T2, The Fly, Some Kind of Wonderful, Ghostbusters, Rambo, Predator, Commando, The Little Mermaid, etc. So many classics!!!AND THE MUSIC. Bon Jovi, Madonna, Def Leppard, Janet & Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Billy Idol, Wham!, Foreigner, Journey, Poison, Van Halen, etc.Jean jackets, acid washed jeans, teased and long ass-hell hair, etc. OMFGOSH I LOVE THAT DECADE.

• Like 2

THE HIDDEN!!! Oh hell yes. That was awesome -- and totally worth digging up on Netflix/whatever.Some others in constant rotation in me and my friends' VCRs:Trading PlacesExcaliburThey LiveWeird Science (boy, has that not aged well. But Kelly Le Brock is smokin hot.)Lethal Weapon (the original, and still the best)Coming to AmericaThe FlyBill and Ted's Excellent AdventureClueA Fish Called WandaMidnight Run (greatest buddy action/comedy EVER!)Weekend at Bernies.... and the list goes on and on...

• Like 1

Some others after my pick above of The Sure Thing....picking another 10!PoltergeistTrading PlacesBeverly Hills CopGremlinsThe GooniesLethal WeaponRoboCopDie HardIndiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost ArkIndiana Jones and the Last Crusadeand as a bonus for Baumer.........Friday the 13th
  • Like 1

Born in mid/late 80‘s, Ghostbusters, Batman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (although the movie was in 1990) were huge parts of my childhood (dressed up as the characters many times ha). Other movies I watched a ton (in the early/mid 90‘s but from the 80's and in no particular order) Fast Times, The Breakfast Club (holds up so well), Back to the Future, Empire and Jedi, Indy, E.T., BH cop, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Stand By Me, Terminator, Aliens, Commando, Predator, Risky Business, Beatlejuice, Ferris Bueler, Cadyshack, Untouchables (does not hold up but all the music is insanely good; I can listen to Rooftops any day), Die Hard, Field of a dreams, Big....I am missing a ton but the 80s were very good to us! Although in the 90‘s, I was shown both Goodfellas and T2 at a very young age (for whatever reason, prob naivety) and those films made me love movies very much.

I love your list!
  • Like 3

Some of my favorites (besides the uber-popular and the classics):Invasion USARunning ManRaw DealRevenge of the NerdsReal GeniusTop Secret!Adventures in BabysittingCan't Buy Me LoveSummer SchoolWeird ScienceGung HoMr. MomJohnny DangerouslyBeastmasterHerculesRed SonjaPopeyeBuckaroo BonzaiKing Solomon's MinesAllan Quatermain and the Lost City of GoldFirewalkerBachelor PartyThe Money PitSplashStrange BrewTrading PlacesK9Real MenHeartbreak RidgeThree AmigosUncle BuckSupergirlLegend of Billie JeanThe WizardOver the TopCobraI could go on and on. So many great films. The 80s were the pinnacle of civilization.

Edited by YoursTruly
  • Like 2

THE HIDDEN!!! Oh hell yes. That was awesome -- and totally worth digging up on Netflix/whatever.Some others in constant rotation in me and my friends' VCRs:Trading PlacesExcaliburThey LiveWeird Science (boy, has that not aged well. But Kelly Le Brock is smokin hot.)Lethal Weapon (the original, and still the best)Coming to AmericaThe FlyBill and Ted's Excellent AdventureClueA Fish Called WandaMidnight Run (greatest buddy action/comedy EVER!)Weekend at Bernies.... and the list goes on and on...

Trading Places is so classic and A Fish Called Wonda is one if the best comedies ever. Kevin Kline is insanely good! Saw The Fly and The Thing recently and those are some great horror flicks.
  • Like 3

It's my favorite Christmas themed movie ever.

God what else is there to say.

Most of the blockbusters are given but there was

Summer School: Shoop, the dog and peanut butter, Kirstie Alley looking hot, and the 2 TCM dudes....priceless.

Back to School: Johnny from Karate Kid, Robert Downey Jr and Paulie from Rocky.

Teen Wolf: I liked it of course, but don't remember much

Just One of the Guys never saw it

The John Hughes films: One of the best writer/directors of teens in the history of history. He is the voice of my generation

Cloak and Dagger: Don't remember much

Wildcats: Snipes and Harrelson, and the black female judge: YOU SUCKAS THINK YO BAD!! HAHAHA love it

48 Hours: Where'd you get this? Tax refund. Bullshit! Too fucking stupid to have a job! Reggie ruled.

Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2. Is this the man whooooo ruined the buffet? and meet Judy, she could suck a golf ball through 40 feet of garden hose.....lol

Those last three I keep telling the younger generation, to watch those films if you want to see how funny and sharp Eddie Murphy was.

Trading Places is so classic and A Fish Called Wonda is one if the best comedies ever. Kevin Kline is insanely good! Saw The Fly and The Thing recently and those are some great horror flicks.

Don't call me stupid. No Otto, calling you stupid is an insult to stupid people.
  • Like 4