CJohn

Thursday (7/26/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 13.202M

No one seems to know. Hollywood Reporter and Variety both seem to think it will be released, but sources in China aren't so sure if it will happen. I feel bad for the Batman fans over there who had to watch TDK on a bootleg and might have to do the same for TDKR. Really lame government.

Hopefully it gets a release :/

Wait, it went up by $200,000? That's the first time we've had a decent increase for actuals with this film. Seems like it is always under the estimates.

I try to go by RTH's low end predictions (he predicted low end $13.2M) are usually right in the money.

Wait, it went up by $200,000? That's the first time we've had a decent increase for actuals with this film. Seems like it is always under the estimates.

It's possible. typo on BO.com? Hope not.

eta: Mojo reporting the same so yes. It increased from estimates.

Edited by ECSTASY

Looks like kiddie movies really exploded on Thursday. Could it be that the family audiences are coming back.

It'd be a good sign for the weekend. Families completely avoided the theater last weekend and TDKR felt that effect big time.
  • Like 1

IMAX seems to continue to do well. If it holds well in that format then it lessens the blow to an extent. It's kinda the opposite effect 3D films have when more people opt for 2D in the later weeks. I know its a small % of the overall picture but TDKR needs all the help it can get.