baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

All these Avengers fanboys...The only thing people remember about Avengers is it's gross. I already forgot about the plot to the movie.TDKR was clearly affected by the incident last Friday. Debate it all you guys want but there's no other reason it's underperforming its expectations. The entire box office has been hit.

Come on dude. You're just pissed TDKR got slayed by The Avengers. Btw, If TA wasn't memorable it wouldn't have made 620 million. You have no clue what you're talking about.Gtfoh! Edited by Baumer Rises
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Probably? Heck no. The question should be, would it have hit $500m.

I doubt that it would have either. $500-550m was the more likely high-end range, IMO. But I've also learned to never say never, heh. Edited by ShawnMR

1 good movie vs 3 good movies...If Josh Whedon can make 3 good Avenger movies than maybe we can start talking.The best superhero movie of all time remains to be TDK.The Avengers was a good movie, not taking anything away from it.

I changed my mind when word started leaking that the film delivered for everyone who had seen it. I think I even stated this in my original articles, but I was predicting sub-$500m earlier this year in case the film disappointed audiences and critics.

But it has disappointed many more people than TDK did. And that is one reason why it will finish with less than 500 and one reason it fell 76% from last Friday to this.
  • Like 1

1 good movie vs 3 good movies...If Josh Whedon can make 3 good Avenger movies than maybe we can start talking.The best superhero movie of all time remains to be TDK.The Avengers was a good movie, not taking anything away from it.

Why are you even bringing up the Avengers in this thread?

Ugh, Thor? Now that's a very not good movie.

Thor actually pulled off what I thought was impossible...bringing Thor to the big screen. IMO Thor had the highest potential cheese factor of all the Marvel characters but somehow they pulled it off and by doing so made the Avengers possible.

Thor didn't wow me during my initial viewing but I've warmed to it. The lighter tone helps.

Posted Image

CA was such a bad movie. Bland to the max

I thought CA was pretty good up till he rescues the soldiers from Red Skulls factory. After that, the movie seriously lost its footing and didnt get it back until the end when Cap got on Red Skulls plane.

Come on dude. You're just pissed TDKR got slayed by The Avengers. Btw, If TA wasn't memorable it wouldn't have made 620 million. You have no clue what you're talking about.Gtfoh!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxIIUnnDoYA&feature=youtube_gdata_player Edited by Baumer Rises

Shut the fuck up you annoying Nolanite. You're just pissed TDKR got slayed by The Avengers. Btw, If TA wasn't memorable it wouldn't have made 620 million. You have no clue what you're talking about.Gtfoh!

Nolanite? Is this someone who thinks none of Nolan's movies are bad? Then I guess everyone is a nolannite. No movie is perfect but Nolan has not made a bad one yet.I don't care to compare grosses... I don't think anyone expected it to beat Avengers, but NO ONE saw TDKR performing like this. 1 thing changed the entire Box Office, not only TDKR.I'm done with The Avengers talk. This isn't the thread for it. Edited by EaZze

• Founder / Operator

But it has disappointed many more people than TDK did. And that is one reason why it will finish with less than 500 and one reason it fell 76% from last Friday to this.

But I don't believe in pulling from small personal sample sizes to judge things like that. If I did, then this drop would make no sense to me because I don't know a single person who hasn't loved the film yet. Edited by ShawnMR

But I don't believe in pulling from small personal sample sizes to judge things like that. If I did, then this drop would make no sense to me because I don't know a single person who hasn't loved the film yet.

And I don't know one person who loved it as much as TDK. I can read reviews on line where people loved it and I'm not denying that there are a lot of people who do love it. But there are enough people out there that found it too dark and somber and void of fun. So it is having an effect. You can't honestly believe Shawn that a 76% drop from OD until today is strictly because are afraid to go sit in a theater.
  • Like 1