Jack Nevada

What five movies would you take on a desert island?

1. Bob Villa's "How to build a canoe"2. "The Botanist's Video Guide to Poisonous Berries"3. "Native American's Guide to Making Fire"4. "Symaphore, Morse Code and Smoke Signals for DummiesAnd if all else fails...5. "Trailer Park Sluts Part 5"But in all seriousness.1. Casablanca2. The Shawshank Redemption3. Die Hard4. Castaway5. Trailer Park Sluts Part... 6

• Like 2

Well, I would have to have electricity obviously to power the TV and DVD/Blu-ray player so that I could watch the movies, so I would assume it has to be plugged into some circuit, so I would take the bulb out of the TV and re-wire it to the circuit and give it enough light, then use the five DVDs as reflectors and make a signal light so I could signal to passing ships. Or I would assume the TV has to be kept inside some sort of roofed-shelter...and not a cave because I don't know how there would be electricity in the cave, unless it's the potato or cucumber trick, in which case this plan sucks. So I would dismantle my shelter and use the wood parts for it to make a raft that I could use to escape the island. Or, I would hope the electricity is connected to some generator that is hopefully powered by some main-land power company (I would hope) and would occasionally switch it on and off repetively until someone realized that someone was using the generator on the island and they would send a boat out to check. Or I would have a gas-powered generator to provide the electricty, which means I'd have to have a big supply of gas, which means I could make a giant fire every night until someone spotted it....or if I was a married man, I could just sit back, relax, and watch some TV/movie with a nice cold beer without having to listen to my wife nag. Oh, and I would demand a coffee table just so I could put my socks on it while watching TV...if and only if I was married for like 10 years or so.

Edited by The Creator
  • Like 2