Jack Nevada

What five movies would you take on a desert island?

Interesting topic. There are a few movies that I think are amazing amazing films, but I would not take them to a deserted island since while great, they aren't the kind of films I would watch constantly.The films I picked are those that I feel are not just great, but endlessly rewatchable (so fun and entertainment plays a huge role). Being part of a film seminar isn't what I'm going for on a desert island.So based on those provisos, in alphabetical order:Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) [For the screwball comedy lols]The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (1966) [For the epic western awesomeness]The Great Escape (1963) [For the exciting ensemble cast scheming its way to freedom]North by Northwest (1959) [For the brilliant Hitchcock thrills and a witty sense of humor]Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) [For it being Empire Strikes Back]

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

The GodfatherOcean's ElevenIndiana Jones and the Last CrusadeThe Dark KnightStar Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes BackThese aren't necessarily the top 5 movies I've ever seen or whatever, but these are the ones I can find myself watching over and over because they're fun, there's something new I always notice, or they're really quotable to me, or they hold some special place in my heart. I know Ocean's Eleven might seem like an oddball choice but I've seen that movie so many times and I never get bored.