baumer

Monday Numbers TDKR 4.7 2. TOTAL RECALL - $3M ($28.5M), 3. WIMPY KID 3 - $2M ($16.6M)

But the midnight gross proved that it was not even close to setting all-time records and that was before the shooting. If anything, it did not even beat ticket sales of Eclipse. So stating that TDKR would have done upper 80's 90s and 100 million on opeining day is nothing more than a fanboy dream.

But I never said that it would break the record. It was not 3d so chances were slim to none but everyone has to admit that it was going for 180+ based on early Friday projections, which as many people have pointed out are extremely accurate.

But I never said that it would break the record. It was not 3d so chances were slim to none but everyone has to admit that it was going for 180+ based on early Friday projections, which as many people have pointed out are extremely accurate.

But again, early Friday projections were just that, projections. Some movies overperform compared to early projectons and some underperform.Projections are no different than predictions for that matter, the only difference being some range can be established using the early projections. The Avengers early projections for OD were in the upper 60s. The early projections for Eclipse was as high as 80M. It ended up with $72M. So you have to take early projections with a grain of salt. Even in the best case scenario, they are bound to be very approximate. Edited by jb007

jb007, are you some kind of idiot?..comparing TDKR to Eclipse :rolleyes:

I would not want to comment on your IQ given your posts over the past several months on The Avengers and some other movies..

A movie with supposed out-of the world tracking/trending number like TDKR barely beat out unadjusted midnight number for Eclipse and in the middle of July. That alone was a great indicator that TDKR was NOT going to set any records on OD.

• Like 1

I would not want to comment on your IQ given your posts over the past several months on The Avengers and some other movies..

A movie with supposed out-of the world tracking/trending number like TDKR barely beat out unadjusted midnight number for Eclipse and in the middle of July. That alone was a great indicator that TDKR was NOT going to set any records on OD.

jb007, are you some kind of idiot?..comparing TDKR to Eclipse :rolleyes:

But again, early Friday projections were just that, projections. Some movies overperform compared to early projectons and some underperform.

Projections are no different than predictions for that matter, the only difference being some range can be established using the early projections. The Avengers early projections for OD were in the upper 60s. The early projections for Eclipse was as high as 80M. It ended up with $72M. So you have to take early projections with a grain of salt. Even in the best case scenario, they are bound to be very approximate.

Okay we won't get anywhere with this. We all have different opinions and this has been talked about so much. No one knows for sure what would have happened in an ideal situation so just let it be.
  • Like 1

I would not want to comment on your IQ given your posts over the past several months on The Avengers and some other movies..A movie with supposed out-of the world tracking/trending number like TDKR barely beat out unadjusted midnight number for Eclipse and in the middle of July. That alone was a great indicator that TDKR was NOT going to set any records on OD.

Don't debate with RTX, you're wasting your precious time.
  • Like 1

Okay we won't get anywhere with this. We all have different opinions and this has been talked about so much. No one knows for sure what would have happened in an ideal situation so just let it be.

On that I concur.
  • Like 1

Just a random thought but does anyone remember how awesome September and October of 2010 were back in the Mojo days? I remember having so much fun tracking The Town, Easy A, The Social Network, Paranormal Activity 2, JA3D and Red. I hope we get something similar this year. :)