baumer

Monday Numbers TDKR 4.7 2. TOTAL RECALL - $3M ($28.5M), 3. WIMPY KID 3 - $2M ($16.6M)

TDKR gained another 400k on DMC. It's now over 5.6m ahead of its 450m target. But DMC made 20.6m in its fourth weekend so TDKR will probably lose a few hundred thousand on its lead this weekend.Still, 450 seems pretty solid right now. Maybe with IMAX it'll have better late legs than DMC as well.

One thing that will hurt it compared to POTC2 is that it has fewer summer weekdays since it came out a couple weeks later.

My recent comment that TDKR holding #1 was in the cards was admittably stupid, but I'd be very surprised if Bourne hits $30m.

It should unless critics sandbag it early and internet trolls preach that as if it were gospel truth like they eagerly did days before Total Recall opened.

It should unless critics sandbag it early and internet trolls preach that as if it were gospel truth like they eagerly did days before Total Recall opened.

Get over it. The film received a "C+" CinemaScore. I doubt they were polling a bunch of "Internet trolls" as they walked out of the theater.

BoxOfficeMojo makes it seem like it's a disappointment. BoxOfficeMojo predicted a $214M OW prediction. Then they stopped posting articles for 2 weeks.I think the Aurora effect was about $15-$20M on OW, but $214M was not possible without 3D and a 165M runtime.

It's doing extremely well. Still dominating the market share. It's headed for 450m, which is great after losing the majority of the family audience. Hoping for a 20+m fourth weekend.

TDKR didn't lose the majority of the family audience. Opening weekend, maybe, but I've seen plenty of kids going to see it in the weeks since then.
  • Like 1

TDKR didn't lose the majority of the family audience. Opening weekend, maybe, but I've seen plenty of kids going to see it in the weeks since then.

TDKR lost it's family audience and it's slowly gaining it back to a certain extent.

Be prepared to be veeeeery surprised.

Lol, my tune was very different when the first teaser premiered but the advertising hasn't really gone much beyond it. I feel buzz for this film has kind of stalled and I expect less than mediocre reviews (it's not doing well on that front already). I see this doing $26-28m. The Campaign has a better chance of breaking out and getting more people back to theaters.

Lol, my tune was very different when the first teaser premiered but the advertising hasn't really gone much beyond it. I feel buzz for this film has kind of stalled and I expect less than mediocre reviews (it's not doing well on that front already). I see this doing $26-28m. The Campaign has a better chance of breaking out and getting more people back to theaters.

It is still in much better position than TR was, and hence should have a significantly better opening.

sorry but a 214 OW is possible but veryyyy difficult, it's doable, but who know what movie can make over 26 million admission on it's opening weekend, someday it will happen, avenger makes 22.8 million admissions

BoxOfficeMojo makes it seem like it's a disappointment.

BoxOfficeMojo predicted a $214M OW prediction. Then they stopped posting articles for 2 weeks.

I think the Aurora effect was about $15-$20M on OW, but $214M was not possible without 3D and a 165M runtime.

I have an easier explanation for that. Ray Subers is the guy behind BoxOfficeMojo articles and behind the $214m. He seemed very enthusiastic about the film before watching it, but after that he sounds sort of disappointed:

Before watching the film:

@raysubers

@andrewahuber I guess it's tough to have any emotion about any future movie when YOU'RE IN LINE FOR #TDKR YOU LUCKY BASTARD

After watching the film:

@raysubers

Discussing the gaping plot holes and irrational character behavior afterwards is more fun than actually watching #TheDarkKnightRises

@raysubers

We're all in agreement that the #ManOfSteel teaser is the absolute worst trailer ever, right?

Maybe after he saw it he thought that his prediction was way off the mark indeed.

Edited by Chris O Donnell

I have an easier explanation for that. Ray Subers is the guy behind BoxOfficeMojo articles and behind the $214m. He seemed very enthusiastic about the film before watching it, but after that he sounds sort of disappointed:

Before watching the film:

@raysubers

@andrewahuber I guess it's tough to have any emotion about any future movie when YOU'RE IN LINE FOR #TDKR YOU LUCKY BASTARD

After watching the film:

@raysubers

Discussing the gaping plot holes and irrational character behavior afterwards is more fun than actually watching #TheDarkKnightRises

@raysubers

We're all in agreement that the #ManOfSteel teaser is the absolute worst trailer ever, right?

Maybe after he saw it he thought that his prediction was way off the mark indeed.

Maybe, but I think he had huge egg on his face. I'm sure he wishes he could delete his domestic and foreign predictions.