filmnerdjamie

Thursday Numbers (08/16)

at my theater, the normal film stays for 2, maybe three weeks depending on how busy the film schedule is. Its always there for at least two weeks, but bigger movies can stay for upwards of 6-8 weeks. (Bridesmaids, Avengers, and Hunger Games all were in our normal theater for 9 weeks.)

From THR Box Office Reporthttp://www.hollywood...stallone-363825"Estimates show Expendables 2 grossing $11 million on Friday for a weekend debut in the $29 million range. The film could always catch up as the night and weekend progress."ParaNorman was off to a pleasing start on Friday, eyeing a possible $17 million to $18 million weekend. New musical drama Sparkle -- Whitney Houston's final movie -- also was performing nicely and could gross north of $16 million for the weekend.ugh

Edited by ECSTASY

Oh shit!!! MTC/RS rule strikes again! Poor Baumers gonna implode when he sees this.

Could be fun to rub this in his face if it plays out the way it looks like it will play out. He used tracking to justify his "flop" club for Inception. I was in that club, by the way, but I just think it's hypocritical of him to use tracking in that situation and then insist over and over this week that people are a bunch of idiots for paying attention to tracking.

WHAT!Only 11m Friday?Shit!

Baumer meltdown incoming!

Could be fun to rub this in his face if it plays out the way it looks like it will play out. He used tracking to justify his "flop" club for Inception. I was in that club, by the way, but I just think it's hypocritical of him to use tracking in that situation and then insist over and over this week that people are a bunch of idiots for paying attention to tracking.

Baumer is a human, just like us, including a hypocrite :ph34r: Edited by artist

DC area. Makes sense to me. Both movies are serving audiences who haven't had much to see for the last few weeks. Action fans have had like every other movie this summer.

Ah ok. Thanks