Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

68. Star Trek

J.J. Abrams, 2009

"My name is James Tiberius Kirk!"

Nominated for 4 Oscars, won 1

357 points

Synopsis: The brash James T. Kirk tries to live up to his father's legacy with Mr. Spock keeping him in check as a vengeful, time-traveling Romulan creates black holes to destroy the Federation one planet at a time.

Trivia: Tyler Perry's first movie role outside one of his own projects.

Posted Image
  • Like 3

#65 (sigh...)

65. Iron Man

Jon Favreau, 2008

"Give me a scotch. I'm starving."

Nominated for 2 Oscars

373 points

Synopsis: When wealthy industrialist Tony Stark is forced to build an armored suit after a life-threatening incident, he ultimately decides to use its technology to fight against evil.

Trivia: Jon Favreau shot the film in California because he felt that too many superhero films were set on the East Coast, especially New York City.

64. Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi)

Hayao Miyazaki, 2001

"There must be some mistake! None of these pigs are my parents! "

Won 1 Oscar

377 points

Synopsis: In the middle of her family's move to the suburbs, a sullen 10-year-old girl wanders into a world ruled by gods, witches, and monsters; where humans are changed into animals; and a bathhouse for these creatures.

Trivia: This is the first film to earn US$200 million in grosses before opening in the U.S.

Pan's Labyrinth (El laberinto del fauno)

Guillermo del Toro, 2006

"And he would wait for her, until he drew his last breath, until the world stopped turning... "

Nominated for 6 Oscars, won 3

389 points

Synopsis: In the fascist Spain of 1944, the bookish young stepdaughter of a sadistic army officer escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world.

Trivia: Received 22 minutes of applause at the Cannes Film Festival.

• Like 1

#65 (sigh...)

65. Iron Man

Jon Favreau, 2008

"Give me a scotch. I'm starving."

Nominated for 2 Oscars

373 points

Synopsis: When wealthy industrialist Tony Stark is forced to build an armored suit after a life-threatening incident, he ultimately decides to use its technology to fight against evil.

Trivia: Jon Favreau shot the film in California because he felt that too many superhero films were set on the East Coast, especially New York City.

Posted Image

Pan's Labyrinth (El laberinto del fauno)

Guillermo del Toro, 2006

"And he would wait for her, until he drew his last breath, until the world stopped turning... "

Nominated for 6 Oscars, won 3

389 points

Synopsis: In the fascist Spain of 1944, the bookish young stepdaughter of a sadistic army officer escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world.

Trivia: Received 22 minutes of applause at the Cannes Film Festival.

Posted Image Edited by acsc1312
  • Like 1

#62 (*cough*)

62. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

George Lucas, 2005

"Anakin, you're breaking my heart!"

Nominated for 1 Oscar

389 points

Synopsis: After three years of fighting in the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker falls prey to the Sith Lord's lies and makes an enemy of the Jedi and those he loves, concluding his journey to the Dark Side.

Trivia: lol

61. Die Hard

John McTiernan, 1988

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker."

Nominated for 4 Oscars

395 points

Synopsis: New York cop John McClane gives terrorists a dose of their own medicine as they hold hostages in an LA office building.

Trivia: Alan Rickman's feature film debut.

60. Kill Bill Vol. 1

Quentin Tarantino, 2003

"That woman deserves her revenge and we deserve to die. "

No Oscar nominations

399 points

Synopsis: The Bride wakes up after a long coma. The baby that she carried before entering the coma is gone. The only thing on her mind is to have revenge on the assassination team that betrayed her - a team she was once part of.

Trivia: Kill Bill Vol. 2 received only 215 points.