Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

Sims/Anyone-What is the point distribution for a list that wasn't ranked?

If you submit 100 films unranked, each film gets only 1 point. If you submit 50 films unranked, each film gets 50 points. And so on. Edited by 4815162342

:lol:

I felt bad before not moving Marty or West Side Story up further but now I doubt they even make the list

95. Manderlay

96. Once

97. The Muppets

98. Walk Hard

99. Marty

100. West Side Story`

:lol:

I felt bad before not moving Marty or West Side Story up further but now I doubt they even make the list

95. Manderlay

96. Once

97. The Muppets

98. Walk Hard

99. Marty

100. West Side Story`

I had Westside Story very high on my list. I didn't have Marty on my list. But, just hearing anyone mention Marty makes me think of Quiz Show, which I did have on my list.
  • Like 1

OK, sorry that break was closer to 2 hours than 1. I can either push through the rest of the Top 50 tonight (I'm in PST so it won't be that late) or I can go partway, probably to the Top 25, and then finish tomorrow. Which do you guys prefer?

OK, sorry that break was closer to 2 hours than 1. I can either push through the rest of the Top 50 tonight (I'm in PST so it won't be that late) or I can go partway, probably to the Top 25, and then finish tomorrow. Which do you guys prefer?

Finish it off. People need to see the whole list, so they can sleep without wondering what the top 25 movies are.

I would prefer tonight. But I think in interest of fairness, you can probably do Top 25 tomorrow at 6PM EST/Forum time.

I had Westside Story very high on my list. I didn't have Marty on my list. But, just hearing anyone mention Marty makes me think of Quiz Show, which I did have on my list.

Damn! So many films I forgot. That was one of them. I was mostly going off the DVDs I own.

OK I'm going to try to finish the whole thing tonight. Hopefully enough people stick around.Here are some questions to consider as we start the Top 50:--Will BOT find 50 movies better than Citizen Kane, Psycho, and Lawrence of Arabia?

no.

--Will TDKR and TA make it to the list? If so, which one will be higher? Will fanboys kill each other over this list?--Will a single Harry Potter movie make it in, or will Noctis forever kick himself for forgetting to make a list?

If you submit 100 films unranked, each film gets only 1 point. If you submit 50 films unranked, each film gets 50 points. And so on.

I ended up changing that slightly since 1 point each seemed too little. If you submitted 100 unranked films, each one received 10 points.