Jack Nevada

Visually Beautiful Movies

Avatar has some beautiful shots, but a lot of that film looks dated. Particularly the shots with the horses, attacks, etc. But it is undeniably pretty. Just not as much as some believe.Yeah, HBP is by far the most beautiful film of 2009. The Academy hates Potter, so the fact it got nominated shows how good it wasAlso...Tree of Life losing to Hugo? In what universe?!

• Like 1

Also...Tree of Life losing to Hugo? In what universe?!

Hugo is a beautiful movie, but TOL is from another universe. Its a magic trick from Lubezki and Malick how to get all the kids act so naturally in front of the camera, as if it wasn't even there Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

Avatar-Tintin : Weta DigitalThe Thin Red LineTransformers : ILM+Bay post production photographyDriveHugoAlien-Blade RunnerTron LegacyThe Dark KnightSpeed Racer (sue me !)All those films in 1080p are beyond stunning on a Full HD JVC projector.

I have to agree with all the comments about the Tree of Life. What a gorgeous film, on all levels. The special effects were also wildly original in using combinations of paint, smoke, chemicals, high speed photography and other techniques. http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/06/tree-of-life-douglas-trumbull/Hugo was also beautiful visually and was worthy of its oscar in my opinion. I thought Prometheus was visually spectacular as well.

• Like 1

Was thinking this was about beautiful scenery at first...but now I realized otherwise! BUT BEING A BIG MOVIE FAN I LOVE THIS TOPIC!Scenery or Otherwise (Mixed)* Dark City* Metropolis* The Wall* Tommy* Matrix Series* What Dreams May Come* Schlinder's List* The Lovely Bones* X-Men Series* The Sound of Music* Ben Hur* The Fourth Man* The Great Escape* Speed Racer (either you loved it or hated it)* Pan's Labyrinth* All That Jazz (It's ShowTime!)* House of Flying Daggers* Robocop* Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon* Eraserhead* Willa Wonka (the original)* The Lord of the Rings Series* Wizard of Oz* Alice in Wonderland* The Mask* Who Framed Roger Rabbit* Inception* Miller's Crossing* Young Sherlock Holmes* GremlinsFOR STARTERS AS I AM TIRED.....

Posted Image

I slighty exaggerated about hanging it up, :lol: but I did print it out since I think it's wonderful.

One of the best shots of all time IMO. I made it as my cover photo on Facebook. Actually, virtually every shot in that movie is worthy of being my cover photo, but that one in particular.