Neo

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. | August 14, 2015 | Comic-Con Trailer on Page 21!

Look, critics are reluctant to give glowing reviews to properties like the Man From UNCLE, which is viewed by many as a kitsch old TV series. Critics are afraid if they gush about it, they will seem twee. I know critics self image shouldn't be part of the review process, but it is.

That is not the reason at all.

It's a Guy Ritchie film which means a lot of style involved and critics have not warmed to him over the many years he's been in the industry.

On the other hand, they fawn over hack Marvel product without distinct identity. It is what it is. 

If you've used RT long enough, you know what the consensus is like for a variety of types of films and the boundaries. Outliers are anything falling below 30% or getting 90% and above. Either which way, then no matter what I perceive, I might just not check it our or make it a point to see. Otherwise, you can bet a lot of critical favoured crap that gets 80% and a decent number of movies, though still not a lot, that find themselves rotten when they are quite fun. 

You just have to know yourself.

• Like 1

^^ Finally someone who gets it.

I use RT only as a tool*. Critics are worth nothing more.

* a tool to figure out in advance how good the movie really is (except the dozens of other factors and signs) - but often bad reviews mean good movie

Edited by Fantastic Shay

PAY ME FOR MY OPINIONS. THEY ARE GOOD.

But, in all serious, I think critics get a bad wrap on here because no one really understand their purpose and necessity in the film community. Their jobs are to bring a new light to the movie and expand on the themes and maybe help bring a higher understanding to the more hidden elements.

I mean, that's their job in theory. Sometimes movies are so that's not even possible.

Edited by TStechnij

^^ Finally someone who gets it.

I use RT only as a tool*. Critics are worth nothing more.

* a tool to figure out in advance how good the movie really is (except the dozens of other factors and signs) - but often bad reviews mean good movie

A tool who uses a tool. Ironic.

• Like 1

PAY ME FOR MY OPINIONS. THEY ARE GOOD.

But, in all serious, I think critics get a bad wrap on here because no one really understand their purpose and necessity in the film community. Their jobs are to bring a new light to the movie and expand on the themes and maybe help bring a higher understanding to the more hidden elements.

I mean, that's their job in theory. Sometimes movies are so that's not even possible.

I enjoy reading critics a lot, but it's a terrible profession to look at as a career (IMO). That particular section of the industry is just cratering right now.

I enjoy reading critics a lot, but it's a terrible profession to look at as a career (IMO). That particular section of the industry is just cratering right now.

Agreed. I'm up for a challenge and definitely keeping my options open. I'm studying journalism and have a minor in film and media studies.

It is better than my previous major: oboe performance. ;)

I can not comprehend why someone EVER thought it was a good idea to pay some tool for his ramblings.

So many honorable jobs out there...