Gopher

Weekend Box Off... You Know What, Who Cares (9/7-9)

• Founder / Operator

How about 440?

Maybe its a psychological thing that deals with rounding. Anything at $440 million or less looks subconsciously more like a movie that just got past $400 million. $450m, though, can sort-of round up to $500 million...:P
  • Like 1

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandyaWKND BO: Possession $9.5M/$33.3M, Lawless $6M/$23.5M, Words $5M, Expend2 $4.8M/$75.4M, Bourne $4M/$103.7M. I can't believe the hold for Possession, Lawless, EX2 and Bourne

• Founder / Operator

:lol: The Words made Bangkok Dangerous look like a hit!

Except The Words only cost $6 million to produce (independently), and CBS bought it for $2 million. Bangkok Dangerous was produced for $45 million (over $60 million with marketing). :lol: Edited by ShawnMR

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandyaWKND BO: Possession $9.5M/$33.3M, Lawless $6M/$23.5M, Words $5M, Expend2 $4.8M/$75.4M, Bourne $4M/$103.7M. I can't believe the hold for Possession, Lawless, EX2 and Bourne

Wow. Looks like the drops were all 45% or less.

The Dark Knight Rises, despite being in 9th place this weekend, still has the 4th best pet theater average of all estimated wide releases with $1,653 per theater.Hopefully this will assist it in staying around long enough to get past $450 million, though next weekend it appears things will finally start picking up.

Who's up for some shooting random Zombies next weekend? I am!Anyway, at this point I just want TDKR to pass Shrek 2. After that, no point in grossing more it's not catching up to star wars.