Gopher

Weekend Box Off... You Know What, Who Cares (9/7-9)

I know, was hoping it wouldn't have too much of an effect, since it was mostly digital IMAX screens it lost, but I think 450m is back in jeopardy again.

But take away those screens and that's a lot of business.

I think Indy did just fine. How many films that have been on DVD for years, came out 30 years ago and plays on TV every night, are going to do big business with a re-release?

• Like 1

I think Indy did just fine. How many films that have been on DVD for years, came out 30 years ago and plays on TV every night, are going to do big business with a re-release?

It has the highest per screen average of all the movies this weekend.

TPM was far less appreciated than the original trilogy but still made a 22 million opening weekend earlier this year. Indy's less popular for sure but 3 million after a solid marketing push should have been achievable. Not that it means anything because this is just a promotion for the Blu-Ray release really.

TPM was far less appreciated than the original trilogy but still made a 22 million opening weekend earlier this year. Indy's less popular for sure but 3 million after a solid marketing push should have been achievable. Not that it means anything because this is just a promotion for the Blu-Ray release really.

What solid marketing push? Most people didn't even know it was coming out until Thursday, lol.

Just got back from Cold Light of Day. GIANT SHIT BOX! Do not see this movie. It was written by an 8 year old.

Why did you do that? That movie is pure garbage. What did you spent money in that?