Noctis

The Matrix VS Inception

Matrix VS Inception  

58 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix VS Inception

• The Matrix
    • Inception

I refuse to vote ;) the Matrix is the first movie i saw in cinemas the first movie i really wanted to see, i was 9 or 10 and my parents left me to go and watch it alone, i arrived late, the movie had just begun it was dark as sh^t and i felt so scared man :D. Then the movie just took me away, just love it. Still do.Inception is brilliant, no way around it , so what if it does not age so well. I loved it because Nolan created a puzzle that cannot be solved i laugh when people start do dissect the movie and it's "plot holes". This movie was a unique experience.Too bad Matrix 2 and 3 became just action movies without any substance.

• Like 1

When I said The Matrix was a global sensation in the film world, that's exactly what I meant. In terms of effects and 'effect on the industry', Matrix was a sensation.

Inception was just a good science-fiction film. Nothing special. For all intents and purposes just another Fifth Element, or Stargate, but with just a higher box office gross.

my opinion

Matrix Revolutions A+

Inception A

Matrix Reloaded A-

Matrix B+

That's exactly how I rated them too. But in hindsight, I would lower my grade for Inception to a B+. It just doesn't hold up very well on repeat viewings and in the memory it's kind of forgettable, which is ironic.

The Matrix Revolutions A+

The Matrix Reloaded A

The Matrix A

Inception B+

Wow, you guys, taking Revolutions over Inception. I cannot begin to comprehend how you could come up with such a wrong opinion.

Is my opinion wrong now? WOW :rofl:

there's no such thing as personal taste

Matrix A+

Inception A-

Reloaded B

Revolutions D

Now is right sir.

Edited by Goffeweenie

I'd actually take Reloaded and Revolutions over Inception because I can sit through them. I thought Inception was just flat out awful and one of the most pointless movies I've ever seen. Atleast the Matrix sequels, as disappointing as they were, have some cool shit in them.

Aren't most movies pretty pointless though?

Aren't most movies pretty pointless though?

Not really. Most good movies, especially the ones that become classics, have thematic material in them, even if its just a little. I don't mind popcorn entertainment though if its actually entertaining and doesn't try to be something its not. Inception is just Christopher Nolan trying to say how smart he was after coming off of the The Dark Knight(which was a great movie btw) when really it was a James Bond-like story with a twist, and extremely and self-absorbed(a term I usually hate). Thats my fundemental problem with Inception, aside from the shitty 1 note flat characters, is that halfway through I found myself asking "ok, so whats the point here?" "what are you trying to say?" I kept waiting for some sort of revelation to come but it never did, which made the whole "time" scene at the end(the airport and such), so damn cringeworthy because It actually tried to be dramatic lol. And don't even get me started on the "gotcha" ending that Nolanites love to call "a master stroke" when it does absolutely nothing for the film except remind you of how pointless the movie was.

Wow, you guys, taking Revolutions over Inception. I cannot begin to comprehend how you could come up with such a wrong opinion.

Its not hard to choose mediocrity over shit.The Matrix 10/10Reloaded 7/10Revolutions 6/10Inception 5/10

Matrix - A+Reloaded - BRevolutions - C +Inception - A -I personally didn't hate the Matrix sequels at all cause I viewed them both as 1 film which they were. They split them apart for money obviously but if Reloaded and Revolutions was combined and edited out the filler, that would of been a mind blowing follow up to the Matrix. But of course they went Trilogy cause that's the most lucrative. I watched the trilogy over the summer recently and enjoyed it very much. I think as I've said in the past the sequels will be looked apon even better as the years go on.

Edited by filmscholar