baumer

House at the end of the Street

6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Well this movie is so bad that i can't even write a review about it on gofobo. So I will write my review here.Horror Movie Can't Decide on Villian, Decides to Suck InsteadIn House at the End of the Street, Elissa and her mom lease a house near to a creepy one in the neighborhood. Mom is busy working at the hospital so Elissa does nothing but try and get in trouble with boys. Then she meets Ryan, who lives in the house next door. They start dating but he is hiding a secret. A secret in plain sight.Anyways, not even Jennifer Lawrence in a tank top could save this movie. To say the first half of the movie is laughably terribly bad would be a severe understatement. The style of the shots are so messy and amateurish that it is surprising that any studio would decide to release, regardless of star power of actress. The shots are so jarring, that it took me out of the movie. They are supposed to be first person POV shots of Carrie Ann, Ryan's sister but it just doesn't work. Moving on, the plot is so bare bones that could have been completed in 15 minutes if not for the dumb twist that takes way too long to develop. You see, Carrie Ann is the villain in a The RIng sort of way. It is really cheap, like the chick has no screen presence. I don't know if it was the director tipping his hand in the shots but it was really lame. Well a little while passes and Ryan kills Carrie Ann. It's by accident though. You see, Carrie Ann gets crazy and violent so he has to sedate her with injections. Well one time he tried to keep her quiet and he snapped her neck. Movie over, right? No. He dumps the body and goes to diner. By this time, Elissa knows something is up with her boyfriend, Ryan. She is exloring the house and eventually fins her way to Ryan's basement dungeon where we see Carrie Ann.Oh wait, that's not Carrie Ann! That's the nice chick from the diner! That means Ryan is the killer! Whowouldathunkit!?A complete waste. Jennifer Lawrence tries her best with her signature flare to carry this movie but it is hard because the movie is not about her character. It's about Ryan and his family history. Even more disappointment. And get this, Ryan gets shot and hit in the head with a hammer and not only is there only one quarter size speck of blood on him but he is alive at the end of it. Too many sharks jumped in one film. Half the film doesn't match the first half. It is a mess.D

Ill write a more detailed review later but the last 30 minutea of the film is actually quite good. And theres a nice wink wink to Sleepaway Camp at the end.6.5/10

Edited by baumer

Ill write a more detailed review later but the last 30 minutea of the film is actually quite good. And theres a nice wink wink to Sleepaway Camp at the end.7/10

So, you think this movie is worth seeing? I've been torn on whether I want to see it based on some of the reviews I've seen.

So, you think this movie is worth seeing? I've been torn on whether I want to see it based on some of the reviews I've seen.

I think it's worth it if you go to a cheap night. It was fine and I'd recommend it, but the first 30-45 minutes are slow, but interesting. I like the character development. The last 30 minutes, imo, are very good. Even if you see the "twist" coming, which I didn't, there's still enough suspense to make it worthwhile. And seeing Lawrence and Shue in tank tops all the time is funny and easy on the eyes.
  • Like 1

I think it's worth it if you go to a cheap night. It was fine and I'd recommend it, but the first 30-45 minutes are slow, but interesting. I like the character development. The last 30 minutes, imo, are very good. Even if you see the "twist" coming, which I didn't, there's still enough suspense to make it worthwhile. And seeing Lawrence and Shue in tank tops all the time is funny and easy on the eyes.

Thanks, those are good enough reasons for me.
  • Like 1

I just saw this yesterday and I admit it was better then I thought it would be. Like Baumer said the first half-hour or so are kind of slow but the last half-hour is fun. And yes Jen Lawrence and Elizabeth Shue running around in tank tops is nice to see. ;)7/10

• Like 1

This would be a good drinking game at home when it comes on HV. Every time one of them changes tank tops, you have to do a shot. You'd be drunk by about 45 minutes in.

• Like 1

This would be a good drinking game at home when it comes on HV. Every time one of them changes tank tops, you have to do a shot. You'd be drunk by about 45 minutes in.

Yeah, I'd probably end up plastered, yelling at the TV for them to forget the top.
  • Like 1

Better than I expected though I expected the worst so... It wasn't terrible by any stretch and there are worse ways to spend 95-minutes especially with Jennifer Lawrence running around like that. On the whole, there's some mild entertainment though the beginning is a big plot hole given, and I could be wrong, that was a girl that attacked the parents.

**¼/*****, (C, 4.6/10, 2/4)

Won't waste my time reviewing this movie much, b/c it freaking sucks. Who the hell came up with the title of this movie anyways? Movie wasn't scary at all, and when a horror movie isn't scary, it fails completely. I don't know why Jennifer Lawrence even wasted her time with this crap-show.D-, 2.25/5

Edited by FilmBuff

Won't waste my time reviewing the much, b/c it freaking sucks. Who the hell came up with the title of this movie anyways? Movie wasn't scary at all, and when a horror movie isn't scary, it fails completely. I don't know why Jennifer Lawrence even wasted her time with this crap-show.D-, 2.25/5

Not criticizing, but how does 2.25/5 = D-? Just curious what your grading scale is (i.e. what would a rating would be equal to an "A", "B", "C", etc?)As for why she wasted her time, she probably made it before hitting fame with The Hunger Games.