Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 minutes ago, Potiki said:

They were talking about moving people onto higher ARPU plans and technically the new service will mean the death of HBO Max (goodbye lifetime deal :( ) so I would make the most of the great deal while it lasts (at least the rollout worldwide seems pretty slow)

Yeah I'm certain it's gonna end next year with these announcements. They can probably count me out, unless they have damn good reasons to make me stay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Kevin Feige and Marvel took a risk by banking their entire universe on lesser known characters for the MCU. They obviously had no real choice in the matter, but the bottom line is that they took a gamble, and it paid off. I can’t picture someone seemingly as risk-averse as Zaslav taking a similar gamble. 

Sure, there was a huge element of risk by going out with their own studio, but they still banked on the most recognizable and "cool" characters (Iron Man being a wisecracking Batman - the Bruce Wayne public persona but not just a face) they had available to them. 

They still didn't move to the C list until they had the foundations properly set. 

DC didn't have the disadvantage of not being able to access their A listers, but due to mismanagement it ended up not mattering. 

So some guy on Reddit mentioned the DC’s 10 year plan a full day ago and got downvoted

https://old.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/wedx81/weekly_discussion_thread_posted_every_tuesday/iisop23/

• So here is the skinny from my friend on what is to be expected at the investor meeting tomorrow regarding DC.
  • Z does indeed have a vision for a reboot. His cancellations of all these lesser known heroes is to free up capital to make these reboot films huge budget.
  • He believes like many other insiders that after Black Panther II Marvel will start to go on the decline.
  • Marvel has plans to release basically their own final card (the X Men) but not for at least 7 years before they have no choice but to completely reboot.
  • Z believes he has a ten year window before Iron Man and Captain America are back on the big screen.
  • In that ten year window he wants to make as much money as possible off of the most iconic DC characters (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman) that culminates in a true fleshed out Justice League Cinematic universe.
  • This cinematic universe's first film is Black Adam. Black Adam 2 will lead to the introduction of Superman. Black Adam is JLCU's "Thanos". 
  • HBO MAX is NOT folding, but budgets on MAX originals are going to be cut like crazy. As a result, Penguin and Arkham are dead. 
  • So basically with Marvel's most iconic heroes all out of the fold (except Thor, but if you saw the new one you know his days are numbered) Z sees this as the opportunity to fill that void with DCs most iconic characters.
  • for the first time maybe ever, there is actually a plan. I know it sucks that the lesser known heroes are being scrapped but this is actually a solid business move on Z's part.

Reminds me of the time I saw a guy on r/movies leak scenes from the Snyder cut years ago and got downvoted because no one believed him.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

At this point people care more about a tree than Superman, your window passed!

I very much disagree. And I definitely think pairing him with Batman is a good instinct, to improve his relatibility, but not in a VERSUS type of dark movie. A lighter tone World's Finest, with a buddy cop tone is what is needed IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

So some guy on Reddit mentioned the DC’s 10 year plan a full day ago and got downvoted

https://old.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/wedx81/weekly_discussion_thread_posted_every_tuesday/iisop23/

Reminds me of the time I saw a guy on r/movies leak scenes from the Snyder cut years ago and got downvoted because no one believed him.

That sounds more confusing than the Fox X-Men movies. 

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

I mean I’m fine with this if this is their actual plan and they stick to it( and it’s true).I don’t buy into the marvel stuff , just worry about the DC stuff and make it good, that’s all that matters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

I very much disagree. And I definitely think pairing him with Batman is a good instinct, to improve his relatibility, but not in a VERSUS type of dark movie. A lighter tone World's Finest, with a buddy cop tone is what is needed IMO. 

I think the World's Finest  three part  episode from Superman The Animated Series in the Timmverse would be a perfect template for this.

Real problem I had with BvS is it made Batsy look like an idiot for blaming Supes for something Zod and company were responsible for. Just made no sense.

9 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Sure, there was a huge element of risk by going out with their own studio, but they still banked on the most recognizable and "cool" characters (Iron Man being a wisecracking Batman - the Bruce Wayne public persona but not just a face) they had available to them. 

They still didn't move to the C list until they had the foundations properly set. 

DC didn't have the disadvantage of not being able to access their A listers, but due to mismanagement it ended up not mattering. 

Ehh Iron-man, Cap and Thor were always the core "big 3" of the avengers in the comics, they were going to happen not matter what if the avengers was an idea at any point.

• Like 1

Far more interested in Reeves' handcrafted Batman world than any tired cinematic superhero universes they can make, so kill off the Penguin and Arkham (and the animated Batman) shows and I'm out lol

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That sounds more confusing than the Fox X-Men movies. 

Does it?

He thinks they have a ten window to re-focus DC towards they’re bigger brands. Sounds simple

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

I would downvote it as well if I read "Black Adam as Thanos".

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Far more interested in Reeves' handcrafted Batman world than any tired cinematic superhero universes they can make, so kill off the Penguin and Arkham shows and I'm out lol

Agreed, source is Reddit. so I take it with a gigantic grain of salt but if it is true hopefully this doesn't fuck with The Batman 2, Peacemaker, Blue Beetle etc.