Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

22 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Reminds me of Selina in Veep... 

Genuinely my favorite part of the entire thing was the implication that Zaslav called a board meeting with less than 24 hours notice and the board then gathered in person at WB offices.

Do people saying this know how much goes into getting the entire board together at the same time? Most board meetings are scheduled like 3 months in advance. I once had to postpone a board meeting a week a good three months in advance because one of them had a vacation planned in Tuscany at the proposed board meeting time.

Boards are normally people really high up the food chain in multiple companies who have their days fully planned out and won't reconvene like this with 24 hours notice to decide on whether to release ONE movie or not. That's the most hilarious part that the board would need to be consulted on the decision to release a movie.

“And newly installed Warner Bros. Pictures Group chiefs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, in seeking to mend fences with “Batgirl” star Leslie Grace, are entertaining the possibility of having her continue to play Batgirl in a future DC film (or, at least, star in another Warner Bros. production).“

I think it would be great to bring her back as Batgirl in another movie. Hopefully that happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Really wonder how much money it would take to get him to jump ship to DC. 

No matter what it is, Disney will make a better offer. And I suspect he is tied up for the next few years by contracts anyway.

And in a bidding way, WN is and a dissavantage because they are  short of cash, and Disney has very,very, deep pockets.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, belblazer said:

It's saying that Breg Berlanti "has been loudly whispered as a possibility for the role" (DC Studios).

It's difficult to compare the output of Berlanti to Feige, considering what goes into a 200 million theatrical production compared to a network TV show, but I suppose it's not that far off a comparison, in terms of juggling plates and managing a large slate (with some of them inter-connecting). Didn't he at one point have like twenty shows on the air in the same year? You gotta admire someone capable of something like that. Even when you're not involved in the day-to-day, it means long years of building relationships and creating a well-oiled machine, which is what WBD seems to want DC to become... I suppose he'd fit the bill for their requirements. 

• Like 1

“One example: Greg Berlanti, who oversees many of DC’s television properties, has been loudly whispered as a possibility for the role — but no one from Warner Bros. has actually approached his camp, Berlanti has not pursued the job, and insiders believe that the superstar producer wouldn’t be interested in going in-house.”

19 minutes ago, cax16 said:

“One example: Greg Berlanti, who oversees many of DC’s television properties, has been loudly whispered as a possibility for the role — but no one from Warner Bros. has actually approached his camp, Berlanti has not pursued the job, and insiders believe that the superstar producer wouldn’t be interested in going in-house.”

And it's a big leap from being a producer to being a head of production..two different skill sets.

A number of very sucessful producers have failed when jumped up to head of production.

Some producers like Spielberg have it, others do not.

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

“And newly installed Warner Bros. Pictures Group chiefs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, in seeking to mend fences with “Batgirl” star Leslie Grace, are entertaining the possibility of having her continue to play Batgirl in a future DC film (or, at least, star in another Warner Bros. production).“

I think it would be great to bring her back as Batgirl in another movie. Hopefully that happens. 

Not sure if this site has any credibility

From GFR

Film and television projects get canceled all the time, but few of them have the impact and press coverage as Batgirl. The now-shelved Leslie Grace Batgirl movie was abruptly canceled by Warner Bros. Discovery earlier this month, triggering an avalanche of protest, outcry, questions, and ultimately, even more cancelations. According to our trusted and proven sources, Leslie Grace has actually been approached by Warner Bros. Discovery to continue as Batgirl in other DCEU projects and has said “no.” In fact, it seems that Leslie Grace’s refusal to return to the role of Barbara Gordon was pretty emphatic and the actress is extremely angry at Warner Bros. Discovery, pretty understandably.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/leslie-grace-batgirl-return-declined-exclusive.html

1 minute ago, Ronin46 said:

Not sure if this site has any credibility

From GFR

Film and television projects get canceled all the time, but few of them have the impact and press coverage as Batgirl. The now-shelved Leslie Grace Batgirl movie was abruptly canceled by Warner Bros. Discovery earlier this month, triggering an avalanche of protest, outcry, questions, and ultimately, even more cancelations. According to our trusted and proven sources, Leslie Grace has actually been approached by Warner Bros. Discovery to continue as Batgirl in other DCEU projects and has said “no.” In fact, it seems that Leslie Grace’s refusal to return to the role of Barbara Gordon was pretty emphatic and the actress is extremely angry at Warner Bros. Discovery, pretty understandably.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/leslie-grace-batgirl-return-declined-exclusive.html

Very unreliable

• Like 5

2 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

It's difficult to compare the output of Berlanti to Feige, considering what goes into a 200 million theatrical production compared to a network TV show, but I suppose it's not that far off a comparison, in terms of juggling plates and managing a large slate (with some of them inter-connecting). Didn't he at one point have like twenty shows on the air in the same year? You gotta admire someone capable of something like that. Even when you're not involved in the day-to-day, it means long years of building relationships and creating a well-oiled machine, which is what WBD seems to want DC to become... I suppose he'd fit the bill for their requirements. 

You're never going to find another Kevin Feige so you might as well give a shot to someone with a different background but who seems to have genuine love for the characters?

Feige was hired when he was 27 to work on X-Men. I mean, look at his credits, he basically learned from everyone during the 2000s superhero boom, the good (X-Men, Spider-Man) and the bad (Daredevil, F4), and used all that to form the Marvel we know today. He was named President of Marvel Studios when he was 34... there's just no comparable candidate to that over on the DC side. Even if you plopped Feige at WB/DC, he couldn't do the job cause he didn't come through the ranks working on their material. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

“Scoopers” are going all out with anti-DC news at this point. This is why it’s not worth being a DC fan. 

I agree the Scoopers are unreliable as a source, but I don't buy that breaking bad news....if accurate...about DC is "Anti DC".

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I agree the Scoopers are unreliable as a source, but I don't buy that breaking bad news....if accurate...about DC is "Anti DC".

The thing is that I’m not convinced the news these “scoopers” are breaking is accurate, like the one who claimed that there was a shouting match at a WB board meeting over whether or not to release the Flash movie, or the one that claims that they forgot to shoot 20-25% of the Blue Beetle movie. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, cax16 said:

Despite his success with his “FlashArrowVerse” (or BerlantiVerse) in creating a live action DC comics shared universe on TV with team-up events, DC Cinematic reddit is pretty negative about this possibility. 

He could make it work, but WB would find a way to break his legs before the marathon starts.