Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 12/9/2022 at 12:23 PM, grim22 said:

One advantage of being in India on vacation with minimal Internet access is that I get to skip all the early news cycles on everything and only get to join in when all the takes have been exhausted

Its the worst. You sleep peacefully at night and then wake up to the most bs DC news like Affleck is stepping down, movies getting shelved, people getting fired randomly

5 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Terrible start for Gunn and Safran. They might be good with comics, but not very smart when it comes to human relationships. Dictatorship is never a good model. This has been a terrible week for DC, only negativity spreading.

The HR article is horrendous for PR given the sheer terribleness of the ideas noted in the article. The outrage at moving on from Cavill at this point would be impossible to exaggerate. Superman isn't an overly popular character with this generation anyway. IF they wanted a full blown reboot, they needed to announce Cavill was all done months ago and forgo the BA cameo, etc. Instead, they announced his return and reaped tons of excitement and positive press. 

Moving on from Cavill NOW is not "we can't please everyone", it's mores "we're actively upsetting the vast majority of people". Major major mistake if it works out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, excel1 said:

The HR article is horrendous for PR given the sheer terribleness of the ideas noted in the article. The outrage at moving on from Cavill at this point would be impossible to exaggerate. Superman isn't an overly popular character with this generation anyway. IF they wanted a full blown reboot, they needed to announce Cavill was all done months ago and forgo the BA cameo, etc. Instead, they announced his return and reaped tons of excitement and positive press. 

Moving on from Cavill NOW is not "we can't please everyone", it's mores "we're actively upsetting the vast majority of people". Major major mistake if it works out. 

If he's not that popular with the current generation, it might have something to do with Zack Snyder's take on the character not connecting with audiences or being embraced by fans. I know Cavill has his fans, but I don't know if there are enough if them to make a dent in the box office. If recasting Superman means a fresh start for the character and washing off the taint, then so be it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

I don’t know, I would guess if Superman is a major priority they’d probably have it figured out fast if Cavill is staying or going. 

When will be the major announcement made? Like stuff related to future dc plans and all.

Just now, Nero said:

When will be the major announcement made? Like stuff related to future dc plans and all.

Not sure, they have 4 movies releasing next year so If they’re doing a hard reboot then I’d assume it wouldn’t be announced till late 2023, if they’re soft rebooting and are using the Flash for that and just keep some actors then they should do a huge presentation at SDCC for future plans. 

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

My guess would be Comic-Con 2024. There are still plenty of leftovers from the Hamada regime left to deal with in 2023. Announcing a reboot anytime earlier than 2024 would ensure those movies end up taking a massive hit in revenue, and that is something the debthole that is Warner doesn't want. So they'll simply play along for another year, get those leftovers out of the way, and then go all out at Comic-Con in 2024. They can even put the main DC line on a small hiatus, with Joker 2 in 2024 and potentially The Batman 2 in 2025 filling in in the meantime.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

Btw guys do you think Superman's movie potential is limited? Like even if the movie got great reviews it won't gross more than $1B?

No. If handled right, it's more than possible for a Superman movie to gross $1B today.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Why would they wait until Comic Con 2024 to announce their plans? That’s ridiculous. 

Ya I would guess things would have to start going into motion early next year cause they need movies for the slate for 2024. It will be interesting to see when they announce stuff. I don’t think a hard reboot is coming, he loves specific actors he’s already worked with like Robbie and Cena and the characters they play so I think the flash is probably where there’s a soft reboot. 

37 minutes ago, JWR said:

No. If handled right, it's more than possible for a Superman movie to gross $1B today.

Even batman solo films struggle to hit 1b and superman is nowhere near as relevant as him, you'd need a superman movie with TGM level WOM to hit a billy

39 minutes ago, JWR said:

I find it really hard for supes film to hit that. I can get behind other superheroes to join the Billie club but Superman for me seems kinda hard.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I find it really hard for supes film to hit that. I can get behind other superheroes to join the Billie club but Superman for me seems kinda hard.

For the first movie, sure. But a sequel could definitely hit those numbers. It's just that it becomes a lot harder now.