Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

42 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The fact that WB/Gunn/Safran were even entertaining the idea of a third Jenkins film, and then apparently gave her the option of rewriting, says to me that this version of Wonder Woman will be back.

I think it's very possible...but a move to Go or Completely Cancel the project either way wouldn't surprise me, at this point, going on recent happenings!  Wild stuff...

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/minx-canceled-hbo-max-season-2-1235458073/

some show called Minx is cancelled and article reiterates that WW3 is not happening  and a full reboot will happen 

I feel like every single blog wants to get a piece of this action, especially when it's a very speculative story and therefore safe to post speculation as a breaking news story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

The fact that WB/Gunn/Safran were even entertaining the idea of a third Jenkins film, and then apparently gave her the option of rewriting, says to me that this version of Wonder Woman will be back.

Gunn/Safran had nothing to do with WW3. Jenkins was already out before they took over.

Edited by poweranimals

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/minx-canceled-hbo-max-season-2-1235458073/

some show called Minx is cancelled and article reiterates that WW3 is not happening  and a full reboot will happen 

WOW! I thought Minx was doing well. 

Edit: holy shit

According to sources, the show was preparing to wrap production on its second season when Warner Bros. Discovery decided to scrap the show in its latest cost-cutting move. The first season will also reportedly be taken off HBO Max, with producer Lionsgate Television planning to shop the series to other outlets. 

“We have enjoyed a good partnership with HBO Max and are working closely to find a new opportunity for ‘Minx,’ so current, and new viewers, can continue this journey with us,” Lionsgate said in a statement. 

Hopefully someone comes with a save - I know Paramount+ has international.

Edited by AJG

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

These trades are getting really annoying. James Gunn mentioned a while back that no one other than him and Peter Safran know what their plans are, and I’m pretty sure that’s still the case. Do these journalists not have anything else to talk about? 

Absolutely agree. Like I said, they all just want to get in on the action but they have almost nothing of substance to bring to the table.

It's like this race for the James Bond role that's going on. I keep getting alerts on my phone for stories that are literally about gambling odds for each actor and who has suddenly taken the lead with the best odds etc etc.

5 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Absolutely agree. Like I said, they all just want to get in on the action but they have almost nothing of substance to bring to the table.

It's like this race for the James Bond role that's going on. I keep getting alerts on my phone for stories that are literally about gambling odds for each actor and who has suddenly taken the lead with the best odds etc etc.

Yeah, and the BOND "race" hasn't even begun, I think... I think Broccoli/Wilson are taking some time off until the new year, at least.  

This latest bottom-line mention in VARIETY is yes, clickbait, for their own article, and for the buzz.  They're not being precise in their language, it's sloppy.  The current ITERATION of Wonder3 is canceled, but we don't know anything else about whether GADOT will ever reprise again, NOR what Gunn/Safran are directly planning...until they formalize it all with an announcement.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Verrows said:

The most annoying thing in this particular case is that the Variety article isn’t even about DC. They just threw in a line in the article where they claim a reboot is happening, and their source is the THR article from last week. It’s so obvious they put that in there because they knew it would get more people talking and sharing the article. 

• Like 4

I repeat all we know is Jenkins is out..by her own wishes.

I suspect that Gadot will be back as WW, but with a new director/writer. She might not have much choice, if she has a contractual obligation for a  third WW movie. I have no idea if this is the case, but it's certainly possible. Maybe to make Gadot happy they will give Jenkins one of those Exec Producers credits.

Cavill does not have the kind of muscle that Gadot has. He does not have nearly as big a following.

Miller is done as the Flash, he is just too unstable and too risky. Getting a completion bond for any film starirng him would  be a nightmare.

A lot of people here are finding out just how the film business works. It might be like sausage; if you like sausage, you really mignt not want to find out how it's made.

Gunn will be interacting with the fans a lot less after this. he is finind out how fast they can turn on you... a major reason why most celebs and execs leave dealing with the fans to their PR people.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Canceling a show is one thing, but yeah, this "remove from the service" as if it never existed is REALLY not cool.  "Let's remove any trace of it because it might badly affect our balance sheets."  So bizarre and really uncalled for considering all the people that work on these shows.  Creative work is made.  It doesn't always work.  Let it exist for people to watch or ignore or rediscover.  It's a really dangerous media precedent that Zaslav is encouraging.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, AJG said:

HBO Max has gone mad. I know people that watch this show. I cannot believe it was so unpopular that they’re removing the whole thing from their platform

They’ve also removed Westworld and The Nevers, but apparently they’re likely to resurface elsewhere. Baffling that they’d remove Westworld, I know it was cancelled but it was still a fairly high profile show for HBO and must still be worth having on the service.

5 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

They’ve also removed Westworld and The Nevers, but apparently they’re likely to resurface elsewhere. Baffling that they’d remove Westworld, I know it was cancelled but it was still a fairly high profile show for HBO and must still be worth having on the service.

These are both still there, that I can see, in the USA, at least.  That would indeed be astounding.  Where did you read that?   

5 minutes ago, Macleod said:

These are both still there, that I can see, in the USA, at least.  That would indeed be astounding.  Where did you read that?   

Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2022/12/westworld-the-nevers-pulled-hbo-max-canceled-1235197233/

Doesn’t surprise me if they’re wrong though after that Black Adam piece of “journalism” last week, lol

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Maybe David Zaslav was a spy sent by Christopher Nolan to sabotage HBO Max? 

Some guy actually said to me the other day: "I wonder if James Gunn's whole subversive plan is to sink DC's movies further into the abyss and return triumphantly to Marvel in a few years..." 

:sparta:  

Edited by Macleod

Here is WB's slate next year, as it currently stands:

House Party

Magic Mike

Mummies

Shazam

Evil Dead

The Flash

Barbie

The Meg

Blue Beetle

The Nun

Dune

Wonka

The Color Purple

Aquaman

It's definitely more stacked than the last couple of years, with all but one from a recognizable IP: no almost-straight-to-Max Those Who Wish Me Deads nor risky Don't Worry Darlings here. If they all stick to their planned dates, does anyone think WB can climb out of the gutter? Or will these films end up being too unappealing to the masses? Should any of them be delayed?