Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

KC Walsh also backs up the claim that Gal Gadot is still in the Flash movie, but it looks like Henry Cavill really has been removed. 

Apparently she had two different scenes in the movie, the one scene is still there and I guess  cameo teasing a Cavill return that she was a part of is now gone. 

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I just think it's a good idea to see the two 'starting' their young superhero lives in the solo movies and then see them together in a team-up movie.

For sure, I agree. The last thing we need is any rushing to team up movies again. 

25 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

What will they do then? Having different Batmans, I don't know. 😐

Zaslav has been quoted: "There won't be four Batmans."  ...Which they were basically on the road to, prior to Gunn/Safran being hired.  Next year, Affleck (on screen) will likely be saying goodbye...for the last time.  Keaton seems more and more likely be one and done.  And Reeves/Pattinson Batman 2 will probably go into production for a summer/fall 2024 or early 2025 release.  (And they were all originally planned to be on screen this year!)  Bat-saturation! 

After Reeves starts Batman #2, at the most there might be two Batmans in a co-existence, at some point.  But I doubt that will last long, and I'm betting that Gunn/Safran have a plan to delay Batman's entrance into their new DCU...which would create great anticipation, of course!  I don't expect to see a DCU Batman on screen until 2025 at the earliest (or at least not in a big, featured way...perhaps a cameo).  And I don't expect there to be a solo Batman DCU movie anytime soon...of course so as not to compete with Reeves/Pattinson.  I'm sure they'll say a bit more in January! 

Edited by Macleod

10 minutes ago, cax16 said:

For sure, I agree. The last thing we need is any rushing to team up movies again. 

I am very hopeful and excited for what Gunn will announce in January. I hope his team delivers, you know. The mess DC has been in has been absolutely tiring. 😔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Zaslav has been quoted: "There won't be four Batmans."  ...Which they were basically on the road to, prior to Gunn/Safran being hired.  Next year, Affleck (on screen) will likely be saying goodbye...for the last time.  Keaton seems more and more likely be one and done.  And Reeves/Pattinson Batman 2 will probably go into production for a summer/fall 2024 or early 2025 release.  (And they were all originally planned to be on screen this year!)  Bat-saturation! 

After Reeves starts Batman #2, at the most there might be two Batmans in a co-existence, at some point.  But I doubt that will last long, and I'm betting that Gunn/Safran have a plan to delay Batman's entrance into their new DCU...which would create great anticipation, of course!  I don't expect to see a DCU Batman on screen until 2025 at the earliest.  And I don't expect there to be a solo Batman DCU movie anytime soon...of course so as not to compete with Reeves/Pattinson.  I'm sure they'll say a bit more in January! 

That's what I am just a little bit worried. Seeing two different ones. Reeve's and Gunn's.

Or maybe, have two more Pattinson movies first then once the trilogy is complete, they can include him in the team up movie.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

That's what I am just a little bit worried. Seeing two different ones. Reeve's and Gunn's.

Or maybe, have two more Pattinson movies first then once the trilogy is complete, they can include him in the team up movie.

Zaslav has been very clear on his perspective, that they don't want brand confusion anymore -- and Gunn/Safran have already basically announced that they plan one, cohesive universe.  So I'm sure they are working towards these goals.  If The Batman had been less critically acclaimed and only done Black Adam numbers...well, that would get pushed under the rug, too!  But it's going well.  So I'm sure they want to see what else they can do with it for now. 

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

Zaslav has been very clear on his perspective, that they don't want brand confusion anymore -- and Gunn/Safran have already basically announced that they plan one, cohesive universe.  So I'm sure they are working towards these goals.  If The Batman had been less critically acclaimed and only done Black Adam numbers...well, that would get pushed under the rug, too!  But it's going well.  So I'm sure they want to see what else they can do with it for now. 

Yes. All we can do for now is hope and speculate. 😅

I’d say already too late to avoid brand confusion. We currently have three different DC film continuities, and that’s not even getting into whatever the hell that Keanu Reeves Constantine sequel is supposed to be. 

One thing I can say is that having yet another Batman for whatever the hell the new DCU is supposed to be would be just plain overkill. 

Just need to clear this up again for anyone thinking otherwise...

WB/DC/Gunn HAD to announce something soon/before Summer 2023. They HAVE to start putting things into production, because waiting until January 2024 to start would mean Summer 2025 would be the absolute earliest they could release anything, if that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Just need to clear this up again for anyone thinking otherwise...

WB/DC/Gunn HAD to announce something soon/before Summer 2023. They HAVE to start putting things into production, because waiting until January 2024 to start would mean Summer 2025 would be the absolute earliest they could release anything, if that.

I think they are supposed to announce plans this January.

14 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

if next years slate underperforms at the box office then the box office expectations for the superman reboot are gonna be unreasonable from wbd

No, they're actually going to be reasonable...because there'd be nowhere to go but up!  😉  But let's wait and see what happens... 

36 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Not sure if we can post from "leakers" so i will delete if needed but according to MTTSH, Levi is out as Shazam as well

https://twitter.com/MyTimeToShineH/status/1604138817639907331?s=20&t=1ndY-P3ogegF05ov8i2UaQ

Lol MTTSH has no idea if this is true or not cause only Gunn and Safran and probably a few high up execs know their plans right now. They’re just bitter cause of Levi’s post on Cavills Instagram and are trying to sound like they know what’s going on, this is the game these “scoopers” play, if they reboot they can say “see I told you” and if he doesn’t hard reboot they can just say “oh my bad, plans changed I guess”.

The only thing people know right now is what Gunn has said so far and what we know from tests screenings of the 2023 movies. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1