Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

48 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I guess I'll be the pessimist 

Isn't literally everyone saying the show won't work though? Being the optimist on it is the non-majority position by a wide wide margin. Pessimism seems like the default position on the show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

I read that book (listened to it on audible, i'm too dumb to read) and it's really great. Park Chan Wook gonna kill it for sure. will be nice to see some real acting from RDJ again too.

RJD's making exciting choices now, even the adam mckay thing sounds good and that guy normally sucks lol

• Like 2

People are actually getting paid to make these decisions…it’s just mindblowing stupidity and shows a clear lack of brand management experience.

Also haven’t they already kind of trialled this Max name to absolutely no fanfare? I swear Doom Patrol season 4 dropped the “HBO” part from the opening HBO Max logo.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

Them saying this new Potter show is "the faithful adaptation" is already a huge red flag that this is a 3 season flameout at best. Like...we already got a faithful adaptation. It's one that went on strong for 8 movies and is something that like 95% of fans really, really liked. How are you going to get people excited for something they already got and are happy with? That's stupid.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TMP said:

i can't tell if harry potter will be the biggest tv show ever or another rings of power. maybe it'll be like the mandalorian where it's huge for a year or two and then just kind of become background noise

Difference between Potter and Rings of Power?mandolorian  is the Rings of Power was very, very, loosley based on Tolkien's books pretty much a original series set in Middle Earth ..and Mado was completly original......, wheras Pooter is going to be a remake of the original novels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric is Gay for Bowser said:

Them saying this new Potter show is "the faithful adaptation" is already a huge red flag that this is a 3 season flameout at best. Like...we already got a faithful adaptation. It's one that went on strong for 8 movies and is something that like 95% of fans really, really liked. How are you going to get people excited for something they already got and are happy with? That's stupid.

This is why I am skeptical about the show.

Granted, it could include some stuff from the later.longer novels that was cut from the movies because of time concerns, but I just thnk it might be just too soon for a remake.

Yes, the hard core Potter fans will love it, but don't know how it would sell to the more casual fans.

ANd I agree with your last sentence. Yes, there are exceoptions..I give you the Disney live action remakes of animated classics as the obvious exception..but for the whole it is hard to sell people somthing the think they already have.

1 minute ago, TheDude391 said:

I wholeheartedly believe any one of us could run WB Discovery better rn.

Real question in the very competitive world of streaming, is will what WB Discovery offer for most viewers that will make it worth while to pay the higher monelty fees. Of course the fans of specific franchises like DC will subscribe, but will the GA ? Entertaniment budgets for many families have taken a hit over the past couple years and who knows what will happen in this unstable economic climate.

• Like 1

I have soured on Zaslev. I did a limited defense of him early on because he was being blasted for making budgets cuts and killing marginal  movies and shows...and anybody taking over a company in deep debt problems would have to do that. But I think he is making a lot of bad decisions when it comes of what kind of product Warners is bringing out.

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Regardless of what you think of J.K. Rowling, you do have to feel bad for any child actor who gets involved in this. They won’t know what they’re in for. 

This aside, lots of invidious comparasions with the original cast members will be made.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I’m actually seeing quite a bit of positive response to this from fans who want more detailed and elaborate adaptations of the books

I said the hardcore fans will love this, but how will it sell to the non hardcore?

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Regardless of what you think of J.K. Rowling, you do have to feel bad for any child actor who gets involved in this. They won’t know what they’re in for. 

This is pure twitter brain nonsense, i'm sorry

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

This is pure twitter brain nonsense, i'm sorry

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable take. The simple fact is that the Wizarding World brand is tainted. There is a definite stigma associated with it at this point, regardless of where you stand on J.K. Rowling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3