Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

1 minute ago, shayhiri said:

I thought there's just a couple of shots outside in the open of this world, Most of it is inside. I would like to see more of it.

I adore the setting of the recent Total Recall remake. 10/10, best action and futuristic setting I've seen.

You realize that the Total Recall remake tried sooooo hard to simulate Blade Runner right?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

You realize that the Total Recall remake tried sooooo hard to simulate Blade Runner right?  

Well, yes, that is why I like it so much and that is why I want more.

It's time for good cybepunk (or call it sci fi noir).

• Like 2

I would be in the "should not be made" camp if it wasn't for Villeneuve. I like him a lot and he's bound to produce an interesting film at the very least. So I'm weirdly looking forward to Blade Runner 2, instead of dreading it.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of Villeneuve's work so far, but he can set up some extraordinary visuals - if anyone can replicate the atmosphere from the (masterful) visual design in the original....

But I agree generally that Blade Runner is one of the best looking films ever made, and a sequel now probably can't live up to that.

• Like 1

Just now, Treetrunk Special said:

I'm not a fan of Villeneuve's work so far, but he can set up some extraordinary visuals - if anyone can replicate the atmosphere from the (masterful) visual design in the original....

But I agree generally that Blade Runner is one of the best looking films ever made, and a sequel now probably can't live up to that.

Hmm, not sure I agree. I like Villeneuve but his style is very slick and almost clean. Especially now with Roger Deakins aka Captain Digital on board. The visuals in Blade Runner can look both squalid and painterly, often at the same time. It's such a visually rich film where every shot has something you missed the last time. 

• Like 1

I guess I should get around to watching this movie again then, I don't remember anything of it as I watched it when I was a teenager so long ago. The question though is: What cut? Anyone wanna let me know what's the best version of it out there?

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I guess I should get around to watching this movie again then, I don't remember anything of it as I watched it when I was a teenager so long ago. The question though is: What cut? Anyone wanna let me know what's the best version of it out there?

The "Final Cut".

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

The one with Ford's stirring narration (Theatrical cut). Trust me, you'll be grateful I recommended this in the end. 

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it. I'm interested to see where they go with it story wise. 

I actually prefer the original theatrical cut with the voice over. It's the version I first saw and grew up with. The voice over never bothered me and I actually think it works just fine in certain sequences. The first time I watched the directors cut I found myself actually saying the lines from the voice over during those scenes lol

• Like 1

Just now, Treetrunk Special said:

Be gone, troll!

:ph34r:

It's just because I watched that version recently and my brother who had never seen it and his friend were baffled by the narration. 

Dat jazz music tho. So good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

:ph34r:

It's just because I watched that version recently and my brother who had never seen it and his friend were baffled by the narration. 

Dat jazz music tho. So good

I DON'T KNOW WHY HE SAVED MY LIFE. I'M SURE IF I WATCHED THE MOVIE I WOULD KNOW.

• Like 2