CAYOM Year 5: Part 1

Brandybrook

Date- July 23rd 5

Genre- Cell-Shaded Animation/Musical (The animation is the same type as seen in Family Guy and American Dad)

Rating- R- crude humor throughout including sexual and racial humor, sexual content, pervasive vulgar language, and violent images

Theaters- 3,232 theaters

Budget- 45 million

Running Time- 90 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes

Studio- O$corp Animation Studios

Director- Seth MacFarlane

Actors and Actress- Zach Galifianakis- (Mason Grieks), Tina Fey- (Kimberly Grieks), Justin Long- (Joseph Grieks), Demi Lovato- (Hannah Grieks), Will Ferrell- (Tony Grieks), Seth MacFarlane -(Thomas Grieks/Elf), John Krasinski- (Frank Swanson), Mila Kunis- (Bridget Swanson), Owen Wilson- (Casey Johnson), Amy Adams- (Rachel Johnson), Sofia Vergara- (Pamela Harry), Sarah Jessica Parker- (Susanna Harry), Mike Henry- (Caleb Harry), George Lopez- (Nicolas Christians), Brandon Jackson- (Seth Anders), Jenna Ushkowitz- (Britney Linus)

(The film is extremely vulgar and the film stereotypes and degrades all different types sexuality, races, and religions.)

Plot: The film begins with the entire cast singing, “Brandybrook”. At the end of the song, Chi Kong the Retarded Chinese man asks if he can be in the film. The entire cast brandishes their weapons and shouts, “NO!”

The film opens in the wealthy neighborhood of Brandybrook. We see the film spoof and mock the lives of the wealthy. The camera then shows the outside view of the Grieks house. Inside we see Thomas the elf sitting on the couch in the family room looking at pictures of the Arctic. He sighs to himself sadly. Mason Grieks walks into house and sees Thomas. Mason walks over and asks what Thomas is sighing about. Thomas says that he misses the Arctic and he wonders if he has a family. Mason says that they are his family. Mason farts and says to Thomas that a new member has just arriving and her name is Fart-Ann. Mason turns and asks a bunch of old scholars, “Is that a good joke comedy professors?” The professors nod and go “Mmmmm umm, Yep Mmmmm umm.” Thomas sighs and sets the pictures on the table and goes up stairs. Kimberly walks into the room and asks what’s wrong with Thomas. Mason says that he doesn’t like Fart-Ann. Mason farts again. Kimberly rolls her eyes and goes back into the kitchen. The phone rings and Kimberly picks it up. It is Rachel. Rachel tells Kimberly that a lesbian couple as just moved across the street from Kimberly. Kimberly says oh my god!!! Rachel says that the catholic nun at the preschool told her and that she is spying on them right now with Rachel. Kimberly says that she will be right over with Bridget who is at her house. Kimberly throws the phone done and runs through the family room screaming that a lesbian couple has moved into the neighborhood. Bridget screams with Kimberly. The rest of the family stares blankly at them as they bolt out the door. Mason asks Hannah what as got into the two ladies. Hannah says that Kimberly probably has just found out that she is postmenopausal. Mason says oh. Mason then rises and says that he is going to the bar to meet his friends. Thomas asks what Tony is doing and Tony replies that he is making a music video about his mid-winter depression. Tony then sings “Late January Blues”. After Tony is finished Thomas says that was a very special song sung by a very special person. Tony frowns and tells Thomas to shut the fuck up. Thomas laughs.

We see Kimberly, Bridget, and Rachel spying out of a car at the lesbian couple. Bridget says that they have so much stuff. Kimberly says that they probably got it all from winning court cases because they sued people for making fun of them. The other women agree. Kimberly exclaims in shock that they have a boy. Rachel says that the boy looks like a female. Kimberly says that he is probably a gay. Bridget says she heard on the news that being gay is contagious and can spread from child to child. Rachel says that they must befriend these new neighbors. Kimberly asks if Rachel is crazy but Rachel retorts by saying it is a great way to find more about theses people. Rachel says that she will make them some of her delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies. Kimberly says that she will bring them a picture of Bristol Palin. The women separate to accomplish their plans.

We then see Mason sitting at a table talking to his three friends Frank, and Casey. Nick comes up and asks if they need anything. They all ask for a beer. Frank then asks Nick why Mexicans can’t play Uno. Nick says that he doesn’t know way. Frank says because they always steal the green card. Everyone in the bar burst out laughing. Nick wrings his hands in the air and says “Ayudame a mi madre olegal que una vez fue una monja abusive!!!!” and then walks back over to the counter and prepare the beer. Frank says it is good to be in the 21st century when Jews aren’t hated but Mexicans are. Mason tells the other guys that Thomas is lonely. Casey says that that is selfish of Thomas since the Grieks gladly took him in to their home when he was abandoned on the street. Frank agrees. Mason says that he guesses they are right. Frank asks them what happened to Thomas before they found him. Mason says that he doesn’t know. Casey asks if he has ever asked Thomas. Mason says that Thomas has amnesia and can’t remember anything before he lived with the Grieks. Mason eyes go wide and he tells the other guys to what a minute. We see Mason driving through the streets out to the country ide. The car breaks down and Mason gets out and continues. We see him walk through the Midwestern plains and over the Rocky Mountains, and through the Nevada desert. He reaches Los Angeles. He runs through the city looking at the buildings trying to find someone. He runs into a building and then burst into Oprah Winfrey’s back room. Looks turns around and say that she as been expecting him. She tells him that if he goes on a search to the Arctic with Thomas he might find out about Thomas’s past. She tells him to go and she gives him her blessing. Mason then dashes out of the room and does the exact same trek back. He sits back down with his friends and says that they should go with Thomas to the Arctic on a search to find out about Thomas’s past. Frank and Casey exclaim that that is a brilliant idea. Nick says that he wants to join to but Frank says that this trip is for Americans only. Nick grumbles to himself and walks away. Frank and Casey say that they will pack. Mason says that they trip begin tomorrow early in the morning.

When Mason gets home he finds his family sitting at the dinner table waiting for him. Hannah and Joseph viciously debate who the favorite child is. Kimberly tells them to shut up because they both are curses on her. Mason announces that he, Frank, and Casey are going on a road trip to find the Kimberly tells Hannah and her friend Britney to be careful of the lesbian couple because they rape teenage females for sexual pleasures and Mason tells Joseph and his friend Seth to be careful of the new gay boy. Mason and Kimberly then sing “Beware”.

The next day Mason announces that he is leaving. He, Frank, and Casey load up the car for the trip. Tony tells Thomas that Thomas was his best friend and he hopes Thomas goes to hell for leaving him. Thomas says, “Knowing you is like going into the jungle, I don't know what I'll find next, and I'm real scared.” Kimberly, Bridget, and Rachel wave goodbye. The guys drive off. Kimberly says that they have their work cut out for them. Rachel says that she feels like the girls in Sex and the City. They chorus, “Carrie on girls!!!”

The film moves to the guys. They are driving down a road. As they drive they sing, “Road Trip.” After they sing, Thomas asks what they should talk about. Casey holds up a zip lock bag and Frank exclaims, “Wow! That's a lot of seamen, Casey.” Casey remarks, “Yeah, I bought all that I could at this bank, and then I got the rest from this guy Michael in an alley.” Mason says, “That's cool.” Casey says, “Yeah, and the sweet thing is, the stupid a$$hole didn't even charge me money for it. He just made me close my eyes and suck on a hose.” Thomas remarks, “Well, that is weird.” Mason says that he discovered that Chuck Norris can satisfy a woman by saying, “Booya!” He then points his finger at Frank who is next to him in the front seat and says, “Booya! Booya!” Frank tells Mason to knock it off Mason continues. Frank asks if Mason ever listens to himself when he talks. Mason says that he drifts in and out. Mason grabs his beer and drinks it. Casey says that it is not a good idea to drink and drive. Mason says that Jesus drank and drove. We see Jesus on a donkey with a wine glass in his hand. The donkey leaps around crazily and then runs into a horse crossing the street. A deer runs into the middle of the road. Mason swerves and crashes into a telephone pole. They all get out. Thomas says that the car is totaled. Casey says that they should head back. The others agree but Thomas. He says that the sign nearby says that they are only 100 miles from the Arctic. Casey and Frank agree to continue. Mason says that he never trust sign posts. We see Mason standing in a court. Judge to Mason: “And where was the location of the accident?” Mason, “At milepost 499, Your Honor.” Judge, “Where is this milepost 499?” Mason, “Your Honor, it is located halfway between milepost 498 and 500.” Mason says that is why he will never trust a sign. We see them travel by foot across the land toward the Arctic. Finally they reach the North Pole. Casey says that he never know there was an actual pole at the North Pole. Thomas says that there is a button on top of the pole. Mason pushes it. The ice underneath them breaks away and they fall. As they fall, Mason says that it is not the fall that kills you but Chuck Norris waiting at the bottom. Frank tells Mason to shut the fuck up. They land. Frank asks if everyone is ok. They say they are. Thomas asks where they are. Casey says that they are trapped in a hole. Frank says that there is a light in the distance. Mason says that it is probably death and not to go near it. Thomas says that he sees it to and that it is moving toward them. Suddenly a group of elves appear.

We see them ring the door bell to the lesbian’s home. A woman opens the door and tells them to come in. They go in. The lady says that her name is Pamela Harry. Kimberly introduces herself and Rachel, and Bridget do too. Another woman who is lightly clad, comes into the room and says that her name is Susanna Harry. Rachel asks Bridget if Susanna could get anymore naked. Pamela invites them to stay for dinner so they can get to now each other. Rachel and Bridget are about to say no but Kimberly says that their husbands are out of town so they have plenty of time on their hands and would be glad to stay for dinner. There son Caleb comes down from upstairs. He tells them that he is going to the store to buy new lace panties. Tony comments to himself that Caleb is gayer than that black man on Next Top Model. Pamela asks them for to sit in the family room to talk. Susanna says that she will get them some tea. We see two parrots in a cage. They squawk, “Hi, we're prostitutes. Want to have some fun?” Rachel asks Pamela what the hell is wrong with her birds. Pamela says that she took the birds to the local priest and told him that they are to female birds who say dirty things. (We see Pamela talking to the priest) The priest inquires,” What do they say?" Pamela says that they say, “Hi, we're prostitutes. Want to have some fun?” “That’s terrible!” the priest exclaimed, “but I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two female parrots over to my house and I will put them with my two male talking parrots that I taught to pray and read the bible. My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase and your female parrots will learn to praise and worship.” “Thank you!” Pamela responds. Pamela brings her female parrots to the priest's house. His two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage. The Pamela puts her two female parrots in with the male parrots and the female parrots say, “Hi, we're prostitutes, want to have some fun?” One male parrot looks over at the other male parrot and exclaims, “Put the beads away. Our prayers have been answered!” All the women laugh. Kimberly asks them way they moved to Southwood. Susanna says that they were driven out of San Francisco because of lose of work. Pamela says that she is a lawyer and that her partnership went bankrupt and Susanna says that she was a San Francisco 49er’s cheerleader but left because of injuring her ankle in a jump. Kimberly says that she feels very sorry for their misfortunate. Susanna says that they are better off than the American woman who had sex with a Muslim man. We see an Islamic village. A Muslim walks into his local mosque with a big grin on his face. “What are you so happy about, Abdul?” asks the Imam. “Well, I'll tell you” replies Abdul. “I live by the railroad tracks and on my way home last night, I noticed a young woman tied to the rails, like in the American movies. I cut her free and took her back to my humble abode. Allah be praised - we made love all night, all around the tent. We did everything, me on top, sometimes her on top, every position permitted by Mohammed, Peace Be Upon Him!” “By the most Merciful," exclaimed the Imam, “you have been blessed. Was she as beautiful as a desert flower?" Abdul grimaced, “By the Jinn, I do not know - I never found her head.”

The film resumes where it left off with the guys. Mason asks the elves where they are. The leader says that they are in the elves’ under the ice city. He leads them into the city. We see thousands of elves busily working and walking around. Thomas says it is amazing. The lead elf says that it was more glorious in its golden age. Thomas asks what happened. The lead elf who is introduced as Bill says that the elves use to train the reindeer for Santa and to make the presents. However Pamela Anderson and PETA arrived and closed down the reindeer training and flying because it was dangerous of the deer to fly in the sky to high. He says that Santa went into depression and left the North Pole. During the whole discussion, Frank makes it clear that he doesn’t do Christmas because he is Jewish. Bill and the fellow elves sing, “Woe to the North.” He says that the elves now make ice blocks for the Eskimos in Canada. Mason says that the Eskimo is an animal he has always wanted to see. Frank glares at Mason and says that the Eskimo is a Native American Indian. Thomas asks Bill if he knows what happened to his family. Bill says that his family died of starvation after business shut down. Mason hugs Thomas and says that Thomas is welcome to stay with the Grieks. Thomas says that he will check out the rest of the North Pole and then decide. Bill shows them all around the North Pole. We see elves working diligently at cutting ice blocks and carving them. Thomas says that he doesn’t really want to do this is entire life. Bill says that when an elf enters the city, he can never leave. Bill then goes on and tells them the reasons of way an elf can’t leave. Mason stops Bill and says, ““Elves can’t leave the city because…” That is what you sound like. Imagine if you had to hear that all day!” Mason pulls out a gun and kills Bill. The other three in shock asks what Mason has done. Mason says that Bill was getting annoying and is in a better place with chief minister of India, Sheila Dikshit. Mason then laughs and says, “Hahahaha Dick Shit” Suddenly a group of elves sees them standing over the dead body of Bill. They run at the four with knives and shout at the other elves to kill the four. Mason, Thomas, Casey, and Frank race toward the entrance as fast as they can. Outside a NOVA helicopter lands and the four escape inside of it just in time before the angry elves and kill them. The helicopter takes off and heads back to home. Thomas says that he is happy that he discovered what happened to his family. Thomas calls for a group hug. The pilot driving the helicopter asks if he can join in and Thomas yells at him to shut up and fly.

We see the outside of the Harry’s home. Inside the women are busily talking. Suddenly the door opens and Caleb comes walking in. Caleb says that he found tow new friend. We see Joseph and Hannah standing in the door way. Pamela says, “I am so proud of you Caleb!” Kimberly, Bridget, and Rachel sit in total shock. Tony laughingly exclaims, “Oh my god! The gay boy has friends!!” Caleb says that he is going to show Joseph and Hannah his new bedroom. Kimberly that they might have to leave now but Susanna interjects and says that they said they would stay for dinner. Bridget and Rachel much amused by what is happening and say that Kimberly must stay. Kimberly gives in. Suddenly her phone rings it is Mason. Mason tells her that she needs to put this on speaker phone. Mason pronounces, "Everybody I've got bad news. We've been moved to a different year." "Oh no Mason!!! How could they do that?” they all chorus. Mason says in a matter of fact way, "Well unfortunately, there's just no more room on the Year 44 schedule. We just got to accept the fact that companies has to make room for terrific films like Depowered 5, Fatman Begins, Bar Code 3, Noon: Vampires Return, James Cameron’s F****’* Fantastic, Final Fantasy: The Final Fantasy, Resurrection, Avatar The Last Airbender 2: M. Night Shylaman’s Second Attempt, BioChem, Sloth 3, The 14th Night: Just Short of 13, If….what!, Goosed Tales, Stone Heads 2, and Bartimaeus and the Wanna Be Harry Potter Amulet.” Kimberly exclaims, "Is there no hope?" Mason says, "Well I suppose if ALL those films go down the tubes we might have a shot." Mason then happily exclaims, “Ha got you!!” and he hangs up. Everyone smiles, laughs, and pats each other in relief. Susanna says that they can go prepare dinner then. All the ladies walk to the kitchen talking happily. Upstairs we see Caleb showing Joseph, Hannah, and Tony his room. He shows them his condom collection which freaks Hannah out and she leaves. He then shows Joseph and Tony his Ultra-Super-Mega-Hot Boys Magazine. Caleb asks Joseph how he likes his room. Joseph politely says that he likes it. Caleb claps his hands and says that he will ask if he can have Joseph sleep over. Joseph rolls his eyes and says sarcastically, “Great! I love sleepovers!” Tony meanwhile is busily looking at the magazine until he turns the page and sees a picture of a nude man’s penis. Tony tears the magazine and runs screaming. Caleb asks what is wrong with Tony and Joseph says he doesn’t know. The film moves to them all sitting around the table eating. Rachel nudges Bridget. Bridget asks if Susanna and Pamela are married. Susanna and Pamela look at each other is shock. They say that they are not married but they are sisters. Susanna and Pamela sing “Just Two Sisters”. Bridget says that she is soo sorry for mistaking them for lesbians. Pamela says that is fine because most people think they are. Pamela says that they were both harshly abused by both of their ex-husbands and after they divorced they vowed to live together to protect themselves from dangerous men. Rachel says that is soo sweet and Kimberly and Bridget agree. Rachel asks then how is Caleb related to them. Susanna says that Caleb is her retarded son who sees females as males and males as females. They all laugh heartily at the table. Later that night we see Kimberly, Rachel, Bridget, Tony, Joseph, and Hannah leaving, Susanna and Pamela says that they are welcome over anytime. Kimberly says that they are welcome anytime over to their houses’ to. They see helicopter land on the road. Bridget says that it looks like their husbands are back. They say goodbye.

That night we see the Grieks in the family room. Kimberly says that it was a very interesting day and Mason and Thomas agrees. The Griek family sings “The End”.

Edited by Andrew the Alien

Giant Spiders 2

Director: Adam Green

Genre: Horror/Action/Comedy

Date: 8/27-29

Studio: Guernica Films

Theaters: 3425 theatres

MPAA Rating: R

Budget: $40 million

Runtime: 95 min

Format: 3D digital

Cast:

Alison Pill as Rose

Paul Hogan as Glen

Elizabeth Olsen as Tash

Liam James as George

Colin Ford as Ian

Nathan Kress as Andrew

Alyson Stoner as Nicole

Tagline: The B-Movie of the year is GIANTER.

Plot:

The film starts with three fake B-movie trailers. The whole movie is shot in a 70s style with classic 70s rock and country song soundtrack. We pick up where we left off. The lone survivor of the first film was Rose (Pill), who managed to get a hitchhike when she reached the road. Glen (Hogan) picks her up and tries to calm her down with a bottle of whiskey. Rose is in shock and tells Glen her horror tale, but he's not surprised at all. He's a 70 something old fart, starts telling stories of the wild and adventures he's been trough. It takes a while for Rose to notice that he's drinking while's driving. A moment later Glen breaks heavily. Rose shouts. "Damnit, there's another girl on the road, what a crazy ladies night" says Glen and he jumps out of the truck. Rose cries after him. "Don't leave me alone, please". We follow Glen as he moves closer to the girl, who's lying on the floor cover with blood. He bends down to her to check her pulse. She's alive. She opens her eyes and then slowly forces her lips to make out one word: SPIDERS.

Title and opening credits fade in:

GIANT SPIDERS 2

A group of American teenagers are headed to Australia. Five good friends. Three guys, two girls. Only one couple. George (James), Ian (Ford), Andrew (Kress), Nicole (Stoner) and Tash (Olsen) are all massive horror fans and they plan is to go to the countryside, find a little cottage and watch horror films in the woods through their projector. They even bring huge white board in their car to project the film on. They reach their destination. They are having a good time and start watching Monster Shark. They are teasing each other. George and Ian are leading the way to scare the rest of the pack, which only annoys Tash as Andrew and Nicole move to their tent sent up nearby to have some alone time. Needless to say that when Ian goes to the woods to relieve himself a huge spider appears that freaks him out. The spider attacks him, but he manages to shout for help and the George is on the way to rescue him. They kill the spider. They explain what happened to Tash, who doesn't believe them. She thinks this is another joke. They insist to show the dead body of the spider, but by the time they get back to the spot it disappears. They go back to the car and open up a few more beers. Soon the couple joins them after having sex. Poor guys, if only they'd no that the huge spider they saw was a baby spider. Tash goes for walk alone and discovers that the boys were right, she spots a middle sized giant spider (still three times bigger than her) going into the lake nearby. She runs back to the group. George and Ian are still drinking, they inform Tash that the couple went for a late night swim. Oh yeah, the fun begins. Andrew and Nicole are our first victims. A nice 10 minute horror part follows with two brutal death inside the water. The spiders can fucking swim! The tree other teens are running towards the lake, but they only find bits and pieces of their friends all over the place. Parts of arms, legs and blood. They rush back to their cars, but those are destroyed by two really giant spiders. The hunt begins. They manage to stay together for a while, but eventually they are forced split up and the spiders catch every single one of them. We get to see exciting hide and seek, catch and run sequences, but the outcome is bizarre and brutal each time. George and Ian both get a unique death, Tash end up trapped between two giant spiders. One is middle sized, the other one is a tower. They don't go after her first, they are having a fight, we'll get to see a spectacular 15-minutes spider battle in 3D. After while we have a victor. The creature lifts Tash up and throws her to a tree. She bangs her head, ribs are broken, lands on the floor. The spider starts raping her. Doesn't make sense? Well, it's a frikkin' B-movie! When it finished its act it's ready to kill her, but then another spider hits it and there's another fight. Tash manages to crawl away this time. She climbs out of the wood and lays down on the country road. A minute later Greg's truck stops and we're back to the start. Glen helps her up and when he sees that she can't walk she decides to pick her up and carry to his vehicle. We're back inside the track, we see him coming closer through Rose's POV. All of a sudden Glen stops. "Holy shit" he yells. The camera zooms out and we see a giant spider crawling to the top of the truck. We zoom in on the spider before we go to pitch black. We hear Rose's scream for 7 seconds before a heavy metal song and the end credits begin to roll.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

The Monster MashHorror/ComedyCast: Will Ferrell (Frankenstien's Monster), Ben Stiller (Dracula), Owen Wilson (Wolf Man)Director: Ben StillerPlot: Based off of the classic 1960's song "The Monster Mash" We meet Frankenstien's Monster who along with Dracula and The Wolf Man are now deciding to put aside there diffrences. But everyone is scared of them still. The movie starts with them always fighting and we see there long history in a montage. The 3 then decide to meet up. The trio go around the world to find out ways to stop people from always being scared of them. So then they open up a club called "The Monster Mash" The trio then go have sucess with the club and there theme song is The Monster Mash. But soon a zombie tries to close them down! So the trio must stop this from happening! There is other songs in it as well. Along with the original song "Were the Monsta's". The movie ends with a dance off with the monsters winning.Rated PG-13 for some disturbing images, strong language, violence and suggestive themes.October 1st4,021 theaters.95M budet.Runtime: 117 minutes.

Unbalanced 2

Tagline: “Experience the Horror”

Date- February 13th

Genre- Horror/Psychological

Rating- R- bloody violence, gore, strong language, frightening and scary images, disturbing content, suspense, some sexual content, and moments of extreme terror

Theaters- 3,005 theaters

Budget- 15 million

Running Time- 120 minutes or 2 hours

Studio- Number 2 Productions

Director- Ariel Schulman

Actors- Unknown

Plot:

Plot: All stories are presented in found footage style. Each stories begins with a warning to warn views that the content that is going to be viewed is disturbing and actual footage.

Story 1: Masterpiece: I have been lying in my room for hours now. It's 5:30 am and there's not much I can do. You know what the worst part of my situation is? I'm in the same room with my parents. They keep looking at me, and I can't help but not look back and try not to cry or scream. Their eyes are focused on me and their mouths are wide open. There's a strong scent of blood and I feel so paralyzed with fear. Here's the thing. The second I make any hint that I'm not asleep anymore, I'm screwed. I'll die, and there's nobody around to save me. I've been trying to think of a way out, but the only idea I have is to rush for the door, run outside, and scream for help, hoping any neighbors hear me. It's risky, but if I stay here, I'll surely die. He's waiting for me to wake up and see his masterpiece. You're probably wondering what's going on. I do get ahead of myself sometimes. About three hours ago I heard screaming from the other side of the house. I got up and went to check the noise before I realized I had to use the restroom. Instead of doing the smart, noble thing and investigating, I used the bathroom first. I could have gotten myself killed right then for my stupid actions. But I actually did my business and took a peek outside the bathroom. There was blood on the carpet. As any other sane human would do, I bolted back to my room, hiding under my sheets like the dumbass I was. I tried to convince myself to go back to sleep, and that this was just some weird, vivid dream or something. But I heard my bedroom door creak open, and like the terrified child I was, I peeked out from under my blankets to see what was going on. I could see something dragging my parents into the room, obviously dead. It was not human, I can tell you that much. It was hairless, with no eyes and no clothing. It walked like a caveman, with its back slouched as it dragged my dead parents. But this thing was smarter than any caveman. It propped my father against the edge of the bed, and made him face me. It then sat my mother down in the chair and positioned her towards me as well. Then, it started rubbing it's hands along the walls, staining it with blood, drawing a circle with the devil’s pentagram in it. This thing had made what it would probably call a masterpiece. To finish it off, it scrambled a message onto the wall that I could not read in the darkness. It then positioned itself under my bed, waiting to strike. The scariest thing now is, my eyes have adjusted to the darkness, and since then, I can read the message on the wall. I don't want to look at, because it's terrifying to think about, but I feel I need to see before I'm killed. I peek at the creature’s masterpiece. It reads
'I know you're awake!' Suddenly the audience hears a scream and blood covers the camera.

Story 2: Sponge Bob: I want to start off by saying if you want an answer at the end, prepare to be disappointed. There just isn't one. I was an intern at Nickelodeon Studios for a year in 2005 for my degree in animation. It wasn't paid of course, most internships aren't, but it did have some perks beyond education. To adults it might not seem like a big one, but most kids at the time would shit themselves over it. Now, since I worked directly with the editors and animators, I got to view the new episodes days before they aired. I'll get right to it without giving too many unnecessary details. They had very recently made the Spongebob movie and the entire staff was somewhat sapped of creativity so it took them longer to start up the season. But the delay lasted longer for more upsetting reasons. There was a problem with the series 4 premiere that set everyone and everything back for several months. Me and two other interns were in the editing room along with the lead animators and sound editors for the final cut. We received the copy that was supposed to be "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and gathered around the screen to watch. Now, given that it isn't final yet animators often put up a mock title card, sort of an inside joke for us, with phony, often times lewd titles, such as "How sex doesn't work" instead of "Rock-a-by-Bivalve" when Spongebob and Patrick adopt a sea scallop. Nothing particularly funny but work related chuckles. So when we saw the title card "Squidward's Suicide" we didn't think it more than a morbid joke. One of the interns did a small throat laugh at it. The happy-go-lucky music plays as is normal. The story began with Squidard practicing his clarinet, hitting a few sour notes like normal. We hear Spongebob laughing outside and Squidard stops, yelling at him to keep it down as he has a concert that night and needs to practice. Spongebob says okay and goes to see Sandy with Patrick. The bubbles splash screen comes up and we see the ending of Squidward's concert. This is when things began to seem off.

While playing, a few frames repeat themselves, but the sound doesn't (at this point sound is synced up with animation so yes that's not common) but when he stops playing, the sound finishes as if the skip never happened. There is slight murmuring in the crowd before they begin to boo him. Not normal cartoon booing that is common in the show, but you could very clearly hear malice in it. Squidward's in full frame and looks visibly afraid. The shot goes to the crowd, with Spongebob in center frame, and he too is booing, very much unlike him. That isn't the oddest thing, though. What is odd is everyone had hyper realistic eyes. Very detailed. Clearly not shots of real people's eyes, but something a bit more real than CGI. The pupils were red. Some of us looked at each other, obviously confused, but since we weren't the writers we didn't question its appeal to children, yet. The shot goes to Squidward sitting on the edge of his bed, looking very forlorn. The view out of his porthole window is of a night sky so it isn't very long after the concert. The unsettling part is at this point there is no sound. Literally no sound. Not even the feedback from the speakers in the room. It's as if the speakers were turned off, though their status showed them working perfectly. He just sat there, blinking, in this silence for about 30 seconds, then he started to sob softly. He put his hands (tentacles) over his eyes and cried quietly for a full minute more, all the while a sound in the background very slowly growing from nothing to barely audible. It sounded like a slight breeze through a forest. The screen slowly begins to zoom in on his face. By slow I mean it's only noticeable if you look at shots 10 seconds apart side by side. His sobbing gets louder, more full of hurt and anger. The screen then twitches a bit, as if it twists in on itself, for a split second then back to normal. The wind-through-the-trees sound gets slowly louder and more severe, as if a storm is brewing somewhere. The eerie part is this sound, and Squidward's sobbing, sounded real, as if the sound wasn't coming from the speakers but as if the speakers were holes the sound was coming through from the other side. As good as sound as the studio likes to have, they don't purchase the equipment to be that good to produce sound of that quality. Below the sound of the wind and sobbing, very faint, something sounded like laughing. It came at odd intervals and never lasted more than a second so you had a hard time pinning it (we watched this show twice, so pardon me if things sound too specific but I've had time to think about them). After 30 seconds of this, the screen blurred and twitched violently and something flashed over the screen, as if a single frame was replaced.

The lead animation editor paused and rewound frame by frame. What we saw was horrible. It was a still photo of a dead child. He couldn't have been more than 6. The face was mangled and bloodied, one eye dangling over his upturned face, popped. He was naked down to his underwear, his stomach crudely cut open and his entrails laying beside him. He was laying on some pavement that was probably a road.

The most upsetting part was that there was a shadow of the photographer. There was no crime tape, no evidence tags or markers, and the angle was completely off for a shot designed to be evidence. It would seem the photographer was the person responsible for the child's death. We were of course mortified, but pressed on, hoping that it was just a sick joke. The screen flipped back to Squidward, still sobbing, louder than before, and half body in frame. There was now what appeared to be blood running down his face from his eyes. The blood was also done in a hyper realistic style, looking as if you touched it you'd get blood on your fingers. The wind sounded now as if it were that of a gale blowing through the forest; there were even snapping sounds of branches. The laughing, a deep baritone, lasting at longer intervals and coming more frequently. After about 20 seconds, the screen again twisted and showed a single frame photo. The editor was reluctant to go back, we all were, but he knew he had to. This time the photo was that of what appeared to be a little girl, no older than the first child. She was laying on her stomach, her barrettes in a pool of blood next to her. Her left eye was too popped out and popped, naked except for underpants. Her entrails were piled on top of her above another crude cut along her back. Again the body was on the street and the photographer's shadow was visible, very similar in size and shape to the first. I had to choke back vomit and one intern, the only female in the room, ran out. The show resumed. About 5 seconds after this second photo played, Squidward went silent, as did all sound, like it was when this scene started. He put his tentacles down and his eyes were now done in hyper realism like the others were in the beginning of this episode. They were bleeding, bloodshot, and pulsating. He just stared at the screen, as if watching the viewer. After about 10 seconds, he started sobbing, this time not covering his eyes. The sound was piercing and loud, and most fear inducing of all is his sobbing was mixed with screams. Tears and blood were dripping down his face at a heavy rate. The wind sound came back, and so did the deep voiced laughing, and this time the still photo lasted for a good 5 frames. The animator was able to stop it on the 4th and backed up. This time the photo was of a boy, about the same age, but this time the scene was different. The entrails were just being pulled out from a stomach wound by a large hand, the right eye popped and dangling, blood trickling down it. The animator proceeded. It was hard to believe, but the next one was different but we couldn't tell what. He went on to the next, same thing. He went back to the first and played them quicker and I lost it. I vomited on the floor, the animating and sound editors gasping at the screen. The 5 frames were not as if they were 5 different photos, they were played out as if they were frames from a video. We saw the hand slowly lift out the guts, we saw the kid's eyes focus on it, we even saw two frames of the kid beginning to blink. The lead sound editor told us to stop, he had to call in the creator to see this. Mr. Hillenburg arrived within about 15 minutes. He was confused as to why he was called down there, so the editor just continued the episode. Once the few frames were shown, all screaming, all sound again stopped. Squidward was just staring at the viewer, full frame of the face, for about 3 seconds. The shot quickly panned out and that deep voice said "DO IT" and we see in Squidward's hands a shotgun. He immediately puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. Realistic blood and brain matter splatters the wall behind him, and his bed, and he flies back with the force. The last 5 seconds of this episode show his body on the bed, on his side, one eye dangling on what's left of his head above the floor, staring blankly at it. Then the episode ends.

Mr Hillenburg is obviously angry at this. He demanded to know what the hell was going on. Most people left the room at this point, so it was just a handful of us to watch it again. Viewing the episode twice only served to imprint the entirety of it in my mind and cause me horrible nightmares. I'm sorry I stayed. The only theory we could think of was the file was edited by someone in the chain from the drawing studio to here. The CTO was called in to analyze when it happened. The analysis of the file did show it was edited over by new material. However, the timestamp of it was a mere 24 seconds before we began viewing it. All equipment involved was examined for foreign software and hardware as well as glitches, as if the time stamp may have glitched and showed the wrong time, but everything checked out fine. We don't know what happened and to this day nobody does. There was an investigation due to the nature of the photos, but nothing came of it. No child seen was identified and no clues were gathered from the data involved nor physical clues in the photos. I never believed in unexplainable phenomena before, but now that I have something happen and can't prove anything about it beyond anecdotal evidence, I think twice about things.

Story 3: 3 A.M: As I sit twitching due to all I've seen, I look up and saw what caused it......... 
I woke up gasping for air. I just had a dream but I can't remember what it was. I shake off the disturbed feeling I had and I look at my clock, it's 3 am. I've never been afraid of the dark but tonight something wasn't right. I felt someone was watching me. I live in a two story house with many mirrors. My dad set them up so that if you stand in certain spots, you can't be seen but you can view the entire room. 
I have an acute sense of hearing. For example, I can hear my cat jump off the couch in the living room while I'm in my room on the second floor. I always have a sort of "spidy sense" when things aren't right. 
I had that feeling now. The phone started ringing. After I had a good jump, I mindlessly got up to answer it. As I picked it up all I heard was breathing at the same rhythm as mine. I hung up. All the lights were off. I could've sworn I left the living room light on. I go downstairs to turn on the light. The back door was wide open and now so are my eyes. I jump over the furniture to avoid the usual path and shut it quickly. I thought, "This won't make much difference at this point..." I guess it was reflex. It was pitch black so I let my ears adjust after hearing my heart in them. I touch the walls to guide myself to the kitchen. I grab the biggest knife out of the sink and get ready to attack. The water seemed thicker. I try to control the sense, the fear I
have. I then hear a steady *drip drip* coming from the sink. I reach up to turn off the faucet to find it was already completely off. I grope for a light switch and flip it on. I hold my terror as I saw what caused the dripping. 
My cat was strung up by a noose above the sink, cut in a straight line from the neck down. The blood had filled the sink and the steady *drip drip* was the blood dripping from the tail. My hand and the knife were covered in blood. 
There was something written on the counter in my cats blood, "See with your ears, not with your eyes. Or you are in for a real surprise". Just then the power went out. As my eyes adjusted I strained my ears for any sound. 
A loud BOOM came from the back door and I jumped and hit the fridge. The boom kept happening but grew quieter and quieter until it was practically 
unnoticeable. I felt along the wall for the closet door, I opened it and grabbed my baseball bat. I walked with it in front of me to the back door. 
As I opened it I couldn't help but scream a little. My dad was hanging with an internet cable tied around his neck. It was connected somewhere in his room and he was outside the window. As he spun I saw another note. It was nailed into his heart. 
It read, "One in this house down, two to go. You are last so enjoy the show". I then heard an evil, high pitched, down right disturbing, laugh. It came from all directions. 
I again strained my ears and heard foot steps from the top floor stepping 
quickly but covering little ground, like a loud taunting tiptoe. 
I ignored it and went to check the circuit box. When I opened it there was a note "The lights are off for a reason turn them on if you please. 
But I promise the sights will bring 
you to your knees." 
I ripped off the note and flipped the switch. The same voice that laughed yelled, "I warned you!" In a childish way. I walked back in through the back door and immediately turned on the light. 

I fell down to my knees. Ten people I didn't even know were strung up in different ways all around the room. Some by their necks, others by their toes, a few even by their hair. All had their eyes dug out and open gaping mouths. All were hanging about a foot above my height. 

I was crying but I got back up. I was determined to destroy this madman. As I walked to the stairs, staring at all the bodies, I heard a sound like something was dropped down the stairs. 
It was a blood covered arm. I heard the sound again, this time a leg. Then an arm, then a leg, and finally a head. It was my Mom's. I backed into one of the 
corners and looked at the mirrors. All the mirrors were blocked by bodies and all of them turned to stare at me. 
I broke down and started crying and twitching. As I sit twitching due to all I've seen I look up and saw what caused it. I looked up at the only viewable mirror and saw the man, the beast that caused this. It was me. 
My dream rushed back to me. I was a serial murderer on the loose. I murdered house by house. I killed each living thing in each house as brutally as I could, taunting them before I killed them. I was attacking my next victim when I woke up. 
In the mirror I saw myself covered in blood standing with a wicked smile on my face. Then in my own crazed tone of voice I said, "Told you, you were last," and then I slit my own throat, smiling and twitching as all color left my body. 
The outsides of my vision began to darken as I heard a demonic voice say, "Welcome home!"

Story 4: The Expressionless: In June of 1972, a woman appeared in Cedar Senai hospital in nothing but a white, blood-covered gown. Now this, in itself, should not be too surprising as people often have accidents nearby and come to the nearest hospital for medical attention. But there were two things that caused people who saw her to vomit and flee in terror. The first being that she wasn't exactly human. She resembled something close to a mannequin, but had the dexterity and fluidity of a normal human being. Her face was as flawless as a mannequins, devoid of eyebrows and smeared in make-up. The kitten clamped on her face so unnaturally tightly around it to the point where no teeth could be seen, the blood was still squirting out over her gown and onto the floor. She then pulled it out of her mouth, tossed it aside and collapsed. From the moment she stepped through the entrance to when she was taken to a hospital room and cleaned up before being prepped for sedation, she was completely calm, expressionless and motionless. The doctors thought it best to restrain her until the authorities could arrive and she did not protest. They were unable to get any kind of response from her and most staff members felt too uncomfortable to look directly at her for more than a few seconds. But the second the staff tried to sedate her, she fought back with extreme force. Two members of staff had to hold her down as her body rose up on the bed with that same, blank expression. She turned her emotionless eyes towards the male doctor and did something unusual. She smiled. As she did, the female doctor screamed and let go out of shock. In the woman’s mouth were not human teeth, but long, sharp spikes that began to appear. Thy became too long for her mouth to close fully without causing any damage… The male doctor stared back at her for a moment before asking "What in the hell are you?" She cracked her neck down to her shoulder to observe him, still smiling. There was a long pause, the security had been alerted and could be heard coming down the hallway. As he heard them, she darted forward, sinking her teeth into the front of his throat, ripping out his jugular & letting him fall to the floor, gasping for air as he choked on his own blood. She stood up and leaned over him, her face coming dangerously close to his as the life faded from his eyes. She leaned closer and whispered in his ear. "I...am....God...." The doctors eyes filled with fear as he watched her calmly walk away to greet the security men. His last ever sight would be watching her feast on them one by one. The hospital went into full shut down. Patients and nurses fled the hospital in terror trying to avoid the strange woman as she killed her victims in frightening fashion. By the time the police arrived the hospital was empty and the woman was gone. 32 people died that day. The female doctor who survived the incident named the woman "The Expressionless". There was never a sighting of her again.

And Now Ladies and Gentlemen The Final Story for Tonight

Story 5: Bedtime: Bedtime is supposed to be a happy event for a tired child; for me it was terrifying. While some children might complain about being put to bed before they have finished watching a film or playing their favorite video game, when I was a child, night time was something to truly fear. Somewhere in the back of my mind it still is. As someone who is trained in the sciences, I cannot prove that what happened to me was objectively real, but I can swear that what I experienced was genuine horror. A fear which in my life, I’m glad to say, has never been equalled. I will relate it to you all now as best I can, make of it what you will, but I’ll be glad to just get it off of my chest. I can’t remember exactly when it started, but my apprehension towards falling asleep seemed to correspond with my being moved into a room of my own. I was 8 years old at the time and until then I had shared a room, quite happily, with my older brother. As is perfectly understandable for a boy 5 years my senior, my brother eventually wished for a room of his own and as a result, I was given the room at the back of the house. It was a small, narrow, yet oddly elongated room, large enough for a bed and a couple of chest of drawers, but not much else. I couldn’t really complain because, even at that age, I understood that we did not have a large house and I had no real cause to be disappointed, as my family was both loving and caring. It was a happy childhood, during the day. A solitary window looked out onto our back garden, nothing out of the ordinary, but even during the day the light which crept into that room seemed almost hesitant. As my brother was given a new bed, I was given the bunk beds which we used to share. While I was upset about sleeping on my own, I was excited at the thought of being able to sleep in the top bunk, which seemed far more adventurous to me. From the very first night I remember a strange feeling of unease creeping slowly from the back of my mind. I lay on the top bunk, staring down at my action figures and cars strewn across the green-blue carpet. As imaginary battles and adventures took place between the toys on the floor, I couldn’t help but feel that my eyes were being slowly drawn towards the bottom bunk, as if something was moving in the corner of my eye. Something which did not wish to be seen.

The bunk was empty, impeccably made with a dark blue blanket tucked in neatly, partially covering two rather bland white pillows. I didn’t think anything of it at the time, I was a child, and the noise slipping under my door from my parent’s television, bathed me in a warm sense of safety and well-being. I fell asleep. When you awaken from a deep sleep to something moving, or stirring, it can take a few moments for you to truly understand what is happening. The fog of sleep hangs over your eyes and ears even when lucid. Something was moving, there was no doubt about that. At first I wasn’t sure what it was. Everything was dark, almost pitch black, but there was enough light creeping in from outside to outline that narrowly suffocating room. Two thoughts appeared in my mind almost simultaneously. The first was that my parents were in bed because the rest of the house lay both in darkness, and silence. The second thought turned to the noise. A noise which had obviously woken me. As the last cob webs of sleep withered from my mind, the noise took on a more familiar form. Sometimes the simplest of sounds can be the most unnerving, a cold wind whistling through a tree outside, a neighbour’s footsteps uncomfortably close, or, in this case, the simple sound of bed sheets rustling in the dark.

That was it; bed sheets rustling in the dark as if some disturbed sleeper was attempting to get all too comfortable in the bottom bunk. I lay there in disbelief thinking that the noise was either my imagination, or perhaps just my pet cat finding somewhere comfortable to spend the night. It was then that I noticed my door, shut as it had been as I’d fallen asleep. Perhaps my mum had checked in on me and the cat had sneaked in to my room then. Yes, that must have been it. I turned to face the wall, closing my eyes in the vain hope that I could fall back to sleep. As I moved, the rustling noise from underneath me ceased. I thought that I must have disturbed my cat, but quickly I realised that the visitor in the bottom bunk was much less mundane than my pet trying to sleep, and much more sinister. As if alerted to, and disgruntled by, my presence, the disturbed sleeper began to toss and turn violently, like a child having a tantrum in their bed. I could hear the sheets twist and turn with increasing ferocity. Fear then gripped me, not like the subtle sense of unease I had experienced earlier, but now potent and terrifying. My heart raced as my eyes panicked, scanning the almost impenetrable darkness. I let out a cry. As most young boys do, I instinctively shouted on my mother. I could hear something stir on the other side of the house, but as I began to breath a sigh of relief that my parents were coming to save me, the bunk beds suddenly started to shake violently as if gripped by an earthquake, scraping against the wall. I could hear the sheets below me thrashing around as if tormented by malice. I did not want to jump down to safety as I feared the thing in the bottom bunk would reach out and grab me, pulling me into the darkness, so I stayed there, white knuckles clenching my own blanket like a shroud of protection. The wait seemed like an eternity. The door finally, and thankfully, burst open, and I lay bathed in light while the bottom bunk, the resting place of my unwanted visitor, lay empty and peaceful. I cried and my mother consoled me. Tears of fear, followed by relief, streamed down my face. Yet, through all of the horror and relief, I did not tell her why I was so upset. I cannot explain it, but it was as though whatever had been in that bunk would return if I even so much as spoke of it, or uttered a single syllable of its existence. Whether that was the truth, I do not know, but as a child I felt as if that unseen menace remained close, listening.

My mother lay in the empty bunk, promising to stay there until morning. Eventually my anxiety diminished, tiredness pushed me back towards sleep, but I remained restless, waking several times momentarily to the sound of rustling bed sheets. I remember the next day wanting to go anywhere, be anywhere, but in that narrow suffocating room. It was a Saturday and I played outside, quite happily with my friends. Although our house was not large we were lucky to have a long sloping garden in the back. We played there often, as much of it was overgrown and we could hide in the bushes, climb in the huge sycamore tree which towered above all else, and easily imagine ourselves in the throws of a grand adventure, in some untamed exotic land. As fun as it all was, occasionally my eye would turn to that small window; ordinary, slight, and innocuous. But for me, that thin boundary was a looking glass into a strange, cold pocket of dread. Outside, the lush green surroundings of our garden filled with the smiling faces of my friends could not extinguish the creeping feeling clawing its way up my spine; each hair standing on end. The feeling of something in that room, watching me play, waiting for the night when I would be alone; eagerly filled with hate. It may sound strange to you, but by the time my parents ushered me back into that room for the night, I said nothing. I didn’t protest, I didn’t even make an excuse as to why I couldn’t sleep there. I simply and sullenly walked into that room, climbed the few steps into the top bunk and then waited. As an adult I would be telling everyone about my experience, but even at that age I felt almost silly to be talking about something which I really had no evidence for. I would be lying, however, if I said this was my primary reason; I still felt that this thing would be enraged if I so much as spoke of it. It’s funny how certain words can remain hidden from your mind, no matter how blatant or obvious they are. One word came to me that second night, lying there in the darkness alone, frightened, aware of a rotten change in the atmosphere; a thickening of the air as if something had displaced it. As I heard the first casual twists of the bed sheets below, the first anxious increase of my heartbeat at the realisation that something was once again in the bottom bunk, that word, a word which had been sent into exile, filtered up through my consciousness, breaking free of all repression, gasping for air screaming, etching, and carving itself into my mind.

“Ghost”.

As this thought came to me, I noticed that my unwelcome visitor had ceased moving. The bed sheets lay calm and dormant, but they had been replaced by something far more hideous. A slow, rhythmic, rasping breath heaved and escaped from the thing below. I could imagine its chest rising and falling with each sordid, wheezing, and garbled breath. I shuddered, and hoped beyond all hope that it would leave without occurrence. The house lay, as it had the previous night, in a thick blanket of darkness. Silence prevailed, all but for the perverted breath of my, as yet, unseen bunkmate. I lay there terrified. I just wanted this thing to go, to leave me alone. What did it want? Then something unmistakably chilling transpired; it moved. It moved in a way different from before. When it threw itself around in the bottom bunk it seemed, unrestrained, without purpose, almost animalistic. This movement, however, was driven by awareness, with purpose, with a goal in mind. For that thing lying there in the darkness, that thing which seemed intent on terrorising a young boy, calmly and nonchalantly sat up. Its laboured breathing had become louder as now only a mattress and a few flimsy wooden slats separated my body from the unearthly breath below. I lay there, my eyes filled with tears. A fear which mere words cannot relate to you or anyone else coursed through my veins. I would not have believed that this fear could have been heightened, but I was so wrong. I imagined what this thing would look like, sitting there listing from below my mattress, hoping to catch the slightest hint that I was awake. Imagination then turned to an unnerving reality. It began to touch the wooden slats which my mattress sat on. It seemed to caress them carefully, running what I imagined to be fingers and hands across the surface of the wood. Then, with great force, it prodded angrily between two slats, into the mattress. Even through the padding, it felt as though someone had viciously stuck their fingers into my side. I let out an almighty cry and the wheezing, shaking, and moving thing in the bunk below replied in kind by violently vibrating the bunk as it had done the night before. Small flakes of paint powdered onto my blanket from the wall as the frame of the bed scraped along it, backwards and forwards. Once again I was bathed in light, and there stood my mother, loving, caring as she always was, with a comforting hug and calming words which eventually subdued my hysteria. Of course she asked what was wrong, but I could not say, I dared not say. I simply said one word over and over and over again.

“Nightmare”.

This pattern of events continued for weeks, if not months. Night after night I would awaken to the sound of rustling sheets. Each time I would scream so as to not provide this abomination with time to prod and ‘feel’ for me. With each cry the bed would shake violently, stopping with the arrival of my mother who would spend the rest of the night in the bottom bunk, seemingly unaware of the sinister force torturing her son nightly. Along the way I managed to feign illness a few times and come up with other less-than-truthful reasons for sleeping in my parents’ bed, but more often than not I would be alone for the first few hours of each night in that place. The room where the light from outside did not sit right. Alone with that thing. With time you can become desensitised to almost anything, no matter how horrific. I had come to realise that, for whatever reason, this thing could not harm me when my mother was present. I am sure the same would have been said for my father, but as loving as he was, waking him from sleep was almost impossible. After a few months I had grown accustomed to my nightly visitor. Do not mistake this for some unearthly friendship, I detested the thing. I still feared it greatly as I could almost sense its desires and its personality, if you could call it that; one filled with a perverted and twisted hatred yet longing for me, of perhaps all things. My greatest fears were realised in the winter. The days grew short, and the longer nights merely provided this wretch with more opportunities. It was a difficult time for my family. My Grandmother, a wonderfully kind and gentle woman, had deteriorated greatly since the death of my Grandfather. My mother was trying her best to keep her in the community as long as possible, however, dementia is a cruel and degenerative illness, robbing a person of their memories one day at a time. Soon she recognised none of us, and it became clear that she would need to be moved from her house to a nursing home. Before she could be moved, my Grandmother had a particularly difficult few nights and my mother decided that she would stay with her. As much as I loved my Grandmother and felt nothing but anguish at her illness, to this day I feel guilty that my first thoughts were not of her, but of what my nightly visitor may do should it become aware of my mother’s absence; her presence being the one thing which I was sure was protecting me from the full horror of this thing’s reach. I rushed home from school that day and immediately wrenched the bed sheets and mattress from the lower bunk, removing all of the slats and placing an old desk, a chest of drawers, and some chairs which we kept in a cupboard where the bottom bunk used to be. I told my father I was ‘making an office’ which he found adorable, but I would be damned if I’d give that thing a place to sleep for one more night.

As darkness approached, I lay there knowing my mother was not in the house. I did not know what to do. My only impulse was to sneak into her jewellery box and take a small family crucifix which I had seen there before. While my family were not very religious, at that age I still believed in God and hoped that somehow this would protect me. Although fearful and anxious, while gripping the crucifix under my pillow tightly in one hand, sleep eventually came and as I drifted off to dream, I hoped that I would awaken in the morning without incidence. Unfortunately that night was the most terrifying of all. I woke gradually. The room was once again dark. As my eyes adjusted I could gradually make out the window and the door, and the walls, some toys on a shelf and…Even to this day I shudder to think of it, for there was no noise. No rustling of sheets. No movement at all. The room felt lifeless. Lifeless, yet not empty. The nightly visitor, that unwelcome, wheezing, hate-filled thing which had terrorised me night after night, was not in the bottom bunk, it was in my bed! I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out. Utter terror had shaken the very sound from my voice. I lay motionless. If I could not scream, I did not want to let it know I was awake. I had not yet seen it, I could only feel it. It was obscured under my blanket. I could see its outline, and I could feel its presence, but I dared not look. The weight of it pressed down on top of me, a sensation I will never forget. When I say that hours passed, I do not exaggerate. Laying there motionless, in the darkness, I was every bit a scared and frightened young boy. If it had been during the summer months it would have been light by then, but the grasp of winter is long and unrelenting, and I knew it would be hours before sunrise; a sunrise which I yearned for. I was a timid child by nature, but I reached a breaking point, a moment where I could wait no more, where I could survive under this intimately deviant abomination no longer. Fear can sometimes wear you out, make you threadbare, a shell of nerves leaving only the slightest trace of you behind. I had to get out of that bed! Then I remembered, the crucifix! My hand still lay underneath the pillow, but it was empty! I slowly moved my wrist around to find it, minimising as best I could the sound and vibrations caused, but it could not be found. I had either knocked it off of the top bunk, or it had…I could not even bear to think of it, been taken from my hand. Without the crucifix I lost any sense of hope. Even at such a young age, you can be acutely aware of what death is, and intensely frightened of it. I knew I was going to die in that bed if I lay there, dormant, passive, doing nothing. I had to leave that room behind, but how? Should I leap from the bed and hope that I make it to the door? What if it is faster than me? Or should I slowly slip out of that top bunk, hoping to not disturb my uncanny bedfellow?

Realising that it had not stirred when I moved, trying to find the crucifix, I began to have the strangest of thoughts. What if it was asleep? It hadn’t so much as breathed since I had woken up. Perhaps it was resting, believing that it had finally got me. That I was finally in its grasp. Or perhaps it was toying with me, after all it had been doing just that for countless nights, and now with me under it, pinned against my mattress with no mother to protect me, maybe it was holding off, savouring its victory until the last possible moment. Like a wild animal savouring its prey. I tried to breath as shallowly as possible, and mustering every ounce of courage I could, I reached over slowly with my right hand and began to peel the blanket off of me. What I found under those covers almost stopped my heart. I did not see it, but as my hand moved the blanket, it brushed against something. Something smooth and cold. Something which felt unmistakably like a gaunt hand. I held my breath in terror as I was sure it must now have known that I was awake. Nothing. It did not stir, it felt, dead. After a few moments I placed my hand carefully further down the blanket and felt a thin, poorly formed forearm, my confidence and almost twisted sense of curiosity grew as I moved down further to a disproportionately larger bicep muscle. The arm was outstretched lying across my chest, with the hand resting on my left shoulder as if it had grabbed me in my sleep. I realised that I would have to move this cadaverous appendage if I even so much as hoped to escape its grasp. For some reason, the feeling of torn, ragged clothing on the shoulder of this night time invader stopped me in my tracks. Fear once again swelled in my stomach and in my chest as I recoiled my hand in disgust at the touch of straggled, oily hair. I could not bring myself to touch its face, although I wonder to this very day what it would have felt like. Dear God it moved. It moved. It was subtle, but its grip on my shoulder and across my body strengthened. No tears came, but God how I wanted to cry. As its hand and arm slowly coiled around me, my right leg brushed along the cool wall which the bed lay against. Of all that happened to me in that room, this was the strangest. I realised that this clutching, rancid thing which drew great delight from violating a young boy’s bed, was not entirely on top of me. It was sticking out from the wall, like a spider striking from its lair.

Suddenly its grip moved from a slow tightening to a sudden squeeze, it pulled and clawed at my clothes as if frightened that the opportunity would soon pass. I fought against it, but its emaciated arm was too strong for me. Its head rose up writhing and contorting under the blanket. I now realised where it was taking me, into the wall! I fought for my dear life, I cried and suddenly my voice returned to me, yelling, screaming, but no one came. Then I realised why it was so eager to suddenly strike, why this thing had to have me now. Through my window, that window which seemed to represent so much malice from outside, streaked hope; the first rays of sunshine. I struggled further knowing that if I could just hold on, it would soon be gone. As I fought for my life, the unearthly parasite shifted, slowly pulling itself up my chest, its head now poking out from under the blanket, wheezing, coughing, rasping. I do not remember its features, I simply remember its breath against my face, foul and as cold as ice. As the sun broke over the horizon, that dark place, that suffocating room of contempt was washed, bathed in sunlight. I passed out as its scrawny fingers encircled my neck, squeezing the very life from me. I awoke to my father offering to make me some breakfast, a wonderful sight indeed! I had survived the most horrible experience of my life until then, and now. I moved the bed away from the wall, leaving behind the furniture I had believed would stop that thing from taking a bed. Little did I think that it would try to take mine…and me. Weeks passed without incidence, yet on one cold, frost bitten night I awoke to the sound of the furniture where the bunk beds used to be, vibrating violently. In a moment it passed, I lay there sure I could hear a distant wheezing coming from deep within the wall, finally fading into the distance. I have never told anyone this story before. To this day I still break out in a cold sweat at the sound of bed sheets rustling in the night, or a wheeze brought on by a common cold, and I certainly never sleep with my bed against a wall. Call it superstition if you will but as I said, I cannot discount conventional explanations such as sleep paralysis, hallucination, or that of an over-active imagination, but what I can say is this: The following year I was given a larger room on the other side of the house and my parents took that strangely suffocating, elongated place as their bedroom. They said they didn’t need a large room, just one big enough for a bed and a few things. They lasted 10 days. We moved on the 11th.

Goodnight fellow movie goers

Edited by Andrew the Alien

Warcraft: The Cataclysm

Director: Peter Jackson

Genre: Fantasy/Action

Varian Wrynn (Matt Damon), Logan (Eric Bana), Anduin Wrynn (Preston Bailey) Lady Jaina Proudmoore (Amy Adams), Neltharian/Deathwing Voice/CGI (Andy Serkis), Thrall (Morgan Freeman), Garrosh Hellscream (Vin Diesel)

Release Date: 6/25

Theater Count: 4,166 Thee-uh-terz

Budget: $165 Million

Running Time: 2hr 27 min

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for violence, mild drinking, mild sexuality, and language

Plot Summary: Deathwing's cataclysm rocks the world...

Plot:

With regained strength, Deathwing seeks to destroy the world. It is described as The Shattering. The film starts with Thrall (an orc) going to the Outland to seek what to do about Deathwing's escape from Deepholm.

But in Thrall's absence, the warmonger Garrosh Hellscream has taken charge of the orcs, and decided they must starting taking as much land from posisble and killing any Alliance in their way. This doesn't go over well with the alliance... or the other Horde leaders.

Thrall returns to Azeroth but upon discovering that Deepholm could collaspe destroy all of Azeroth, he works together with the Earthen Ring druids. But on his way to help, his ship is intercepted by a secret Alliance organization. Also caught in this attack is a Goblin ship. The goblins save Thrall, and in return he invites them to join the Horde. They happily accept his offer.

The film now shows some of the destruction from Deathwing's return .Earthquakes bring down the walls to Gilneas and the Forsaken seek to invade. But there are survivors in Gilneas... worgen that were cursed with a wolf form. They now join the Alliance.

Logan wanders about the world, discovering how much everything has changed. As he grows strong, Logan seeks to help Thrall and others defeat deathwing.

The final battles are deadly, with many warriors battling dangerous creatures warped by the Old Gods. The battle against Deathwing's Spine is the most dangerous, as Logan nearly causes Deathwing to turn them all over off the edge when he draws too much of his attention.

Their final fight against the Madness of Deathwing involves much help from the various Dragon Aspects. As they become victorious, we see the world as a whole...

The final (secret-ish) scene shows some pandas.

Edited by Electric

Penny Press

Director: Ron Howard

Genre: Period Piece/Drama/Romance

Cast: Joel Courtney (Darren Voss), Amy Adams (Abagail Voss), Matt Damon (Howard Voss), Matthew McCoanughey (Alvin Cramer)

Release Date: 9/17

Theater Count: 2,791 Theaters

Budget: $55 Million

Running Time: 2hr 14 min

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for drinking/drug references, language, and some sexuality

Plot Summary: A boy manages to help his family survive the depression with his writing talent.

In the 1920s, Howard Voss had a decent job working for Ford Motor Company. Henry Ford provided the high wages necessary for Howard to marry Abagail and live in a decent home without having to worry about things, except for where to drive their new car on vacation, and what to name their son. They decided on Darren.

It was always obvious that Darren was very bright. He was already reading things from Abagail's catalogs and recipes when he was two. Abagail spent a lot of time with her son, teaching him how to read and write well. She had been a schoolteacher's assistant before she met Howard, but with Howard's good job, she could focus on raising their son, Darren.

Amy is pregnant again in September 1929. The family has new things. A new refrigerator, and a chicken boiling in a pot. We see a slightly newer Ford car in the garage, along with their older Ford Model T.

The next part gets depressing... Darren and Abagail are listening to the radio as the stocks are crashing. Darren asks his mom what is going on... will they be okay? She says that she thinks so, their dad didn't buy many stocks. But that doesn't seem to help. Flash forward to a couple months later. Howard comes home looking stressed... they're cutting his hours down to part-time, and Abagail is looking very pregnant.

Darren looks nervous, but we see him writing some stories down... he seems to be putting himself in another world as he writes.

A year later. Things are tougher for everyone. Howard lost his job and can only get odd jobs repairing cars, nothing consistent. Darren's baby brother is there. Now we meet Alvin Cramer. He's a bit too "smooth" , especially for a typewriter salesman. Abagail lets him in but upon hearing his sales pitch, is not impresed.

Darren continues to write, and shows his story to his mom. She is amazed by how well he writes. He keeps writing, and the neighbors love it so much. An older woman gives him a dollar to write her a story! He keeps writing, and Alvin comes around. This time Darren's saved up some money, and he uses the typewriter. Soon, he's churning out stories at an amazing pace, and people are buying them.

He helps his family with that money. As he keeps writing, we see him looking older and more mature. Suddenly, it's time for World War II. His dad has a better job but he sees his parents arguing more. We see them resolve it quickly. Darren wants to help with the war effort, but he's too young. He ends up writing some short scripts for an advertiser, despite only being 15.

The movie zooms to a late speed now. The end of the fllm shows Darren reading his own stories written in 1931 to his grandchildren. They enjoy them, even though they've heard all of them before.

Edited by Electric

Some Assembly Required

Date: April 23rd

Genre: Romance/Comedy/Sci-Fi

Director: Colin Trevorrow

Cast: Jake Johnson (Frank), Rashida Jones (Mandy), Jesse Eisenberg (Kenny)

Rating: R for language, some drug use, and some sexual content

Theaters: 2,671

Budget: $15 million

Runtime: 101min (1hr, 41min)

Plot: After suffering a break-up, a man builds a robotic girl in hopes to fall in love with her.

It is the near future. Frank has just suffered a brutal break-up. He found out that the woman he loved at the office was going out with another man, and one who turns out to be a complete jerk! Heartbroken, he begins to become a wreck-depicted in a rather humurous manner. His friend, Kenny, who tries to cheer him up. He tries to help him find another girlfriend, but his conversations with other girls end up being awkward, and he fails to find someone else to love. Frank and Kenny then sees a story on the news, in the "Happy Corner," about a man who built a robotic dog for his son after his dog died. Kenny says, "Oh god, it's your getting ideas face, oh god." Frank goes out shopping for several mechanical parts, and a synthetic model of a 30-year old girl. He uses advance scientific techniques to combine all of these elements to create a real, robotic, girl. After the experiment, the girl wakes up, as Frank says, "It's alive!" The girl tells him that it's kind of creepy, and the man awkwardly apologizes.

We soon find out that the robotic girl is named Mandy. She acts just like a human girl, although she is incredibly talented in most regards. She is fully aware of the fact that she is a robot, but she still does very little to make this truth seem apparent. The two spend their first day together taking a stroll in the park. The scene is rather humurous, as many other people look onto the girl as a pure symbol of perfection. She does incredible tasks, while being completely oblivious to the fact that most humans are incapable of doing half of the things that she can. However, other people call her a weird girl, not knowing the truth of Mandy's identity. Frank basically tells everyone that she's just a girl who had moved here from Canada, and the two began to date. Mandy plays along with this, although she almost unintentionally reveals her true secret at a few points. Frank is still able to stop her just under the wire.

Over the course of the movie, Mandy and Frank continue to bond. Even though Mandy is a robot, she begins to understand the true emotions, particularly that of love. Mandy jokes about a robot uprising that she is going to bring, trying to demonstrate her understanding of humor. However, Mandy becomes hurt when she finds out the true purpose of her life. She was merely meant as a replacement for another girl, and that Frank may not have actually loved her, but rather just wanted to prove to others that he had someone to be with. Feeling upset, she travels away from Frank, ironically moving to Canada. Kenny felt as though this was a bad idea from the start, he still feels sorry for Frank. Mandy is about to depart from an airport to Toronto, and Kenny tells him to stop her.

Frank rushes to the airport in order to stay with Mandy. Fortunately, Mandy ends up stalling for time after she encounters big issues as she passes through security. Being made mostly of metal, the security officials had no idea what to do. Frank makes it just in time, telling Mandy the truth. He truly loved her, and she's the most special woman he's ever met. Mandy still feels as though his apology was superficial, although she can do little to pass through customs. However, Mandy begins to think about how Frank would go so far as to travel in heavy traffic and demonstrate a frequent film cliche by being a last chance lover at the airport. Still, Mandy forgives him, and she decides to buy another ticket for Frank. He tells the TSA man that she's a robot, and he just says, "Oh, okay." The two end up traveling to Toronto, and everything ends up working out well.

Edited by Fluttershy

The Guardian

Director: Lasse Hallstrom

Studio: Arcturus Entertainment

Genre: Romantic Drama

Cast:

Felicity Jones as Julie

Micah Sloat as Mike

Sam Riley as Richard

Unknowns as Younger Richard (Flashback), and Jessica

Budget: $25 million

Theatre Count: 3301

Rating: PG

Release Date: 13 February

Running Time: 1 hr 51 mins

Plot:

Julie a newly-wed of 20, whose husband of only 3 months died and had left her with two unexpected gifts, a dog which she names Singer and the promise to be watching over her. Four year after the death of Julie’s husband, she begins to start dating again. There's Mike, a reliable companion for Julie who is madly in love with her, but she didn’t want to lose her friendship with Mike and didn’t want to date her husband’s friend. Mike's too scared to tell Julie his feelings and watches her go on date after date. Julie ends up meeting a nice guy named Richard. Richard seems to have it all, the looks, the money, the charm and seems like all around good guy. But there is something about him that Julie can’t put her finger on it that seems off. After a couple of dates with Richard, she notices there’s something missing from their relationship. Richard disappeared out of town and Julie began to get close with Mike. She realizes she is in love with Mike and ends things with Richard. The rejection is too much for Richard to handle and he becomes obsessed with Julie and begins stalking her and causing harm. Eventually it is revealed that Richard is a murderer, starting his career as a boy killing his father in a carefully planned "accident". We learn that he's extremely clever in creating false evidence; revealed in one flashback when he hurts himself deliberately with a knife after beating two foster brothers so they will get in trouble for severely hurting him. He falls in love with a woman named Jessica but leaves her no personal space to live. She tries to escape a few times, but he eventually finds and kills her. Then he takes over the identity of another man he has watched for some time before killing him. He meets Julie by chance and is stunned by her resemblance to his first wife. He wants to "own" Julie out of obsessive love. The film ends with Richard getting arrested, and taken away, and Julie, and Mike sharing one kiss as Singer the Great Dane who first alerted Julie about Richard being suspicious, appears from the house, and snuggles at Mike and Julie's feet.

Beast

Director: Scott Charles Stewart

Studio: Arcturus Entertainment

Genre: Found Footage

Cast:

Unknown Actors and Actresses

Budget: $8.5 million

Theater Count: 2532

Rating: R

Release Date: 2 January

Running Time: 1 hr 30 mins

Plot:

A group of explorers get lost in the woods, and everything is told for a series of camcorders as the group gets picked off by mysterious, shadowy, unseen beasts. The film ends as the last surviving explorer getting chased by the beast almost makes it out of the woods, and as he's about to step out from the woods into the grassy plains the beast catches up to him, and as we see the beast pounce on the explorer, and the sound of the jaws snapping shut we cut to the credits.

Edited by riczhang

Lucid

Writer-Director: Rian Johnson

Genre: Sci-Fi/Action/Thriller

Date: July 30

Studio: Blankments Productions

Cast: Andrew Garfield as David, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Mark (voice role,) Clark Gregg as the CIA agent, Denis Leary as the FBI agent, and J.K. Simmons as the pilot.

Music by: Alan Silvestri.

Format: Filmed partially in IMAX (From where the dream world collapses to near the end of the movie.)

Runtime: 121 min

Tagline: Chase Your Dreams, Live Your Nightmares

Plot Summary: After a man is arrested by the FBI for no apparent reason, he finds out he is trapped in a dream and must get out before he slips into a coma.

Plot:

Blankments logo is shown. We see a man, David, waiting at the airport, when his phone rings. He picks it up and begins talking to his friend, Mark. Mark tries to convince David to not take his flight, and David asks why not. Mark says that as long as David remains in the airport, something bad is going to happen. David asks what, and Mark says he’s not sure. David hangs up on Mark, and continues to his terminal. Cut to black.

BLANKMENTS PRODUCTIONS PROUDLY PRESENTS

David walks through the air tunnel, staggering a bit, but he makes it to his seat. He is sitting in between two agents, an FBI agent and a CIA agent. They stare at him, and ask him if he’s okay. David says he’s fine. Cut to white.

AN RIAN JOHNSON FILM

The plane takes off, and after they are stable, David suddenly stands up. The FBI agent asks what he’s doing, and David says he doesn’t know. David walks into the cockpit, and then the pilot stands up, and pulls a gun to David. David asks what’s going on, and then the pilot says he is a threat that must be killed. David has no idea what is going on, but he kicks the pilot in the groin, and grabs the gun. He tries to throw the gun away, but then a gunshot goes off without him pulling the trigger. The pilot is suddenly dead, and the plane begins freefalling, causing everyone inside to go in zero gravity. David still has no idea what is going on, but then the agents run in, and punch David in the head. Cut to grey.

LUCID

David comes out of the unconsciousness and finds himself handcuffed to a table in a room. The agents are right in front of him. The CIA agent asks David if he knows what he did, and David confesses he doesn’t remember anything. The FBI agent slaps David and yells at him to remember. The CIA agent rolls his eyes, and says that David will come around to know. He then drags the FBI agent out of the room, telling David they’ll be back in half an hour.

David tries to find a way out when he hears Mark’s voice ask him if he really doesn’t remember. A quick flashback to the plane dropping occurs. David looks behind him, and he says Mark looks different to him. It cuts to a donkey, who begins talking with Mark’s voice, explaining that the way he appears now as how David views him. Mark continues, explaining that David’s asleep right now, under some experimental medication, and they need to escape the facility. David asks why, and Mark answers that if they don’t get back to the airport and hijack a plane within four hours, then there’s no way David will ever wake up.

David asks Mark to explain what’s going on, but Mark says he doesn’t know how he knows what’s going on, and all he knows is that since David took a plane out of the sky, the only way for him to wake up is to take a plane into the sky. David is still apprehensive, so Mark asks him to try to remember how he got on the plane. The film flashes back to David arriving at the terminal. He sits down and grabs a newspaper. His phone rings, and he sees that Mark is calling. He opens his newspaper... and then cut to him in the air tunnel. David realizes Mark must be right. Mark says they need to get out now, and Mark rips off the handcuffs with his teeth.

The agents see this on security cameras, and grab their guns smiling. It cuts back to Mark and David. Mark says the agents are coming now, and they need to escape quickly. They try the door, but it is obviously locked. Mark says that since this is David’s dream, if David wills it to be unlocked, then it will. David says that’s ridiculous, but Mark says just to try it. David closes his eyes and the door unlocks. They run out, and see the agents’ guns pointed at them. They shoot, but then David looks at the ground, willing it to be intangible under the agents. The agents fall down into the basement, but they immediately stand up to run up the stairs.

Back with David and Mark, Mark says that David can’t do the reality bending all the time. David asks why not, and Mark explains that the two agents come along with the medication, and they will adapt to the dream no matter what, and also, too much reality bending could collapse the simple structure of the dream world right now. David and Mark then run down the hallway, while David remarks how funny it is that Mark is a donkey. Mark rolls his eyes. The two exit the building to find a car. Mark says that it’ll take them to the airport, as long as they drive for half a day. They turn onto a highway, the only thing in sight besides the agent’s headquarters.

The two drives for a bit, and the late afternoon turns to night, when suddenly, they hear a screech behind them. David is driving, so he tells Mark to look behind him. Mark looks and he sees the agents behind them in a semi-truck with the CIA agent driving. Mark tells David what is happening, and that he needs to try to get rid of them. David asks how to get rid of them. Mark answers that if he gets rid of one of their tires, then that should be enough to get them off their tail. Mark warns him that the dream can only withstand one more reality change before it collapses on itself.

Mark takes over the wheel, and David climbs out of the car and onto the roof, in order to see the tire to get rid of it. However, the FBI agent is on the roof of the semi-truck as well. He jumps across onto the roof of the car, and pulls out a sword. David is confused why he isn’t using a gun, and the FBI agent admits that their guns are impossible to leave the base. The FBI agent attempts to stab and kill David, but David dodges it, and then pulls out a laser sword out of thin air. They fight for a bit, and the laser sword proves to not be more powerful than the normal sword. The two fight for a full minute, cutting back in forth between the driver seats of both vehicles, showing that Mark is evading the CIA agent’s attempts to ram the bus.

Alas, David cannot prevent the agents’ semi from being faster than their car. David sees the left front tire out of the corner of his eye, and he explodes it. Immediately, the CIA agent flies back into the semi’s passenger seat. David, confused, jumps back into the passenger’s seat of the car, while Mark is panicking. David asks what is wrong, and Mark explains that he just did two reality changes, the laser sword and the tire pop. Mark explains that the solid dream state is collapsing, and David asks that that should mean he wakes up. Mark says that since the dream is collapsing, it just cuts their time in half, so now they only have two hours to get to the airport. David says that that isn’t that bad, but Mark continues, saying that now, there’s no telling what the world will do to them, and that the agents now have the reality-bending powers.

The agents pull a bazooka and an AK-47 out of thin air, while the highway begins breaking apart like a fault line. They begin shooting at the car, and when the bullets hit they explode into fire, and then blood and bones. David looks back and is confused on how this could happen, while Mark says they need to jump out of the car, or else the agents will catch them. David disagrees, but Mark doesn’t care, as he grabs David with his own teeth by David’s shirt, and jumps out of the car. The car then stops and explodes, first into fire, but then into mud.

Following their jump, David and Mark are in free-fall, and Mark estimates that they will hit the ground in a minute. Mark says that they need to survive the fall, so David needs to imagine Mark as something else. Mark explains that David’s reality-bending powers are gone, but his personal view on Mark can still change how the Mark in the dream appears. David concentrates hard, and Mark suddenly has wings. Mark rolls his eyes and asks how he could possibly be a flying ass, and David shrugs and smiles.

David gets on Mark’s back, as Mark slows down to a stop, and they gently land on the ground. They look around and see they are in a purple forest. David says they must have about one hour left, and Mark says he knows the airport is just two miles north. They start walking in that direction. Cut to the agents, who are now on the ruined highway. They walk out with their guns, and begin heading in the direction of Mark and David.

David begins following a river, which he says his gut feeling says is going to reach the airport. Mark agrees and they continue following it. The agents, not that far behind them, see the river, and create jet-skis to ride down the river with. David and Mark reach a waterfall which leads into the lake. There is nothing beyond the waterfall, and the only way to go is up. David gets on Mark’s back again, and they begin flying up when the agents reach them. Mark flies faster up, but then the FBI agent grabs a flamethrower out of thin air and torches the water. Immediately, the water turns into lava, causing Mark to fly faster up. They quickly arrive above at the land near the top of the lavafall.

The lavafall immediately solidifies into rock, and Mark says they have to run; the agents will be up there in two minutes. They run and quickly arrive at the airport, which is a mismatch of several bizarre items, including a mall, a missile, and a giant horse. Mark tells David to ignore them and they are running out of time. They run inside the hanger, finding there to be several Davids running around the airport, wearing only shorts. David is confused, but Mark refuses to answer, saying the surrealness of the dream will increase as they get closer to the terminal.

They continue running through the airport, when the agents walk in, and begin shooting down the multiple Davids. Every time one is hit, David loses something from his body. First he loses an eye, and then an arm. Mark realizes what is going on, and runs back to fight the agents. After the first two Davids are shot down, the other Davids run away to hide. The agents don’t care and continue walking. Mark runs in and kicks the CIA agent in the face. As the FBI agent sneaks by, Mark and the CIA agent have a bizarre fight on a baggage carrier, with Mark using only some nunchuks he found on the ground with his teeth and the CIA agent attempting to use a machete against him. The fight lasts a minute, and Mark manages to throw the CIA agent off the carrier into a firey abyss. Mark realizes that time is almost up, and now it’s completely up to David.

David arrives at the terminal, which is literally flashing with all the colors of the rainbow. He runs into the air tunnel, when things start to get normal again. It looks the exact same as the beginning of the movie, but when he walks in, there’s no one in the plane at all, including the pilot. He runs into the cockpit, to begin taking off the plane. He has no idea how to do it, but then he suddenly notices a giant purple button that says “Press to Take Off.” David reaches for it, but then he hears the door of the air tunnel shut.

He hides under the cockpit, and he sees the FBI agent come in. David sees that the FBI agent is unarmed, and so he runs out, and kicks the agent in the face. While the agent is surprised, he smiles and begins a hands-to-hand fight with David. They throw punches, and the FBI agent clearly has the upper hand, as he has two hands compared to David’s one. However, David steers the fight toward the button, but the FBI agent notices it. He trips David, causing him to just miss the button... with his hand. His head hits the button, and the plane begins take off, and the plane’s door opens. David then jumps up, and begins pushing the FBI agent back until he falls off the plane.

David then sits in the cockpit as the plane takes off. Slowly, the sky begins collapsing into different objects and David braces himself. It cuts to Mark looking at the plane taking off, smiling, but then frowning as something dawns on him. David clenches his hand, and closes his eyes. He opens them when the shaking feeling stops, and he finds himself holding his newspaper in the airport. Everyone around him is looking at him weirdly, and then over the intercom, it is heard that the plane is now boarding. David smiles, realizing that everything was just a dream. However, he does not notice his phone beeping, revealing that he has five important messages from Mark. The phone begins ringing again, marked with urgent.

LUCID

Theaters: 3,692

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sci-fi action, strong violence, and language.

Budget: $75 million

Edited by Blankments

Who likes Denzel Washington action movies?

Countdown

Date: February 6th

Theaters: 3,287

Genre: Action/Thriller

Director: F. Gary Gray

Cast: Denzel Washington (Michael Brooks), Jackie Earle Haley (The Knight)

Budget: $60 million

Runtime: 109min (1hr, 49min)

Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and brief strong language

Plot: A man has two hours to save all of New York City.

It is a normal day in New York City, and everyone is going about their daily lives. Michael Brooks, one of the city's finest detectives, is leaving home for work, saying goodbye to his wife and son. Upon arriving at work, a police call soon comes in. There is a suspicious figure in a mask walking down a road, and he appears to be holding a gun. We then enter a chase scene where the police approach the man, and he begins to run away. The police eventually capture him, and they bring him back to Brook's office for interrogation. We see the man upclose, and he is wearing a rather creepy mask. He is sitting in a blue room, across a desk from Michael Brooks.

"You're not going to stop it," the man said. He then proceeded to tell the whole story about what was going on. He reveals that there is currently a network of bombs in New York City, precisely placed so that each one will kill a number of people. These bombs will go off in an hour, and there is little anyone can do to stop it. "Even the city's finest detectives, perhaps especially the city's finest detectives," he says with an evil smile. The man then takes a grenade out of his jacket as Michael quickly escapes from the room. The room is completely destroyed, and the man is killed.

What follows is an exciting narrative that follows Michael Brooks trying to find out how to stop the bomb in a chase against time. He cannot let anyone know what he is doing, and few will truly know that he would be a hero. He soon finds out that the bombs were placed by a terrorist organization named The Legion Of The Sixth. This is a group of people who are disturbingly cynical of the human race, led by a sadistic and mentally disturbed man. Michael is soon horrified that the bombs are not just set to go off in New York, but nearly every big city in the nation: Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Boston, etc. Stopping this bomb from going off would be incredibly important.

We then see Michael recieve a phone call from the Legion's charismatic leader, known as The Knight. He tells him that he has overseen his action to this time, and there is only a half hour left until all of the bombs are detonated. He's getting really close to finding out the truth, and that he would like to meet him in person. There is an old building at some adress that he would like to meet Michael at. The phone soon goes blank, and Michael knows what he must do next.

At the building, some members of the Legion aim guns immediately at Michael, while the Knight comes up from the shadows, telling everyone to be nice to their new guest.The Knight shows Michael the basement, where the control center for all of the bombs is. The Knight explains his lack of trust in humanity, and his surprise that one man would try to save so many. A fight between The Knight and Michael soon breaks out, as a SWAT team comes into the building to take out the Legion members. The Knight realizes this, and he shoots himself. Although he dies, he will give Michael no lead on the password, which is necessary to shut off the bombs.

At the moment, there is 5 minutes left, and there is still no lead on the password. One member, however, has a change of heart, after seeing how a few people would risk their lives to save everyone. He enters the password into the computer, and the bombs are shut down. Millions of lives are then saved, even though most people had no idea of it. The NYPD has a secret project of dismounting the bombs and telling other major cities to do the same. The public would surely panic if they knew what had happened. The last scene in Michael returning home to his wife and child.

The Dogs of Babel

Director: Ron Howard

Writer: Kyle Killian

Genre: Drama/Mystery

Date: October 29

Cast: Jason Isaacs as Paul Iverson, Elizabeth Banks as Lexy Ransome, Bryan Cranston as Wendell Hollis, Christopher Plummer as the Dean, Paul Bettany as Lexy’s brother, and Nazneen Contractor as Lady Arabelle.

Music by: James Horner.

Runtime: 127 min

Tagline: A man, a dog, and a mystery.

Plot Summary: Thinking his wife's death was more than a freak accident, a linguist tries to learn the language of the only witness to the death: his wife's dog.

Plot:

Blankments logo is shown.

Blankments Production Proudly Presents. A Film by Ron Howard. The movie opens with Paul Iverson and Lexy Ransome waking up. Paul looks at the clock, and kisses his wife good-bye. Their dog, Lorelei, runs up to him, wagging his tail, but Paul just pushes past her. Lexy says he should to be nicer to Lorelei, but Paul says regardless of how he treats the dog, he’ll be late for work. Lexy looks at him sadly, but she lets Paul leave. Paul drives to the University of Pennsylvania, as he is a linguist professor there. He walks into the class, and we see him get ready for class. His cell phone rings, and he sees that it’s Lexy. He is about to pick it up, when the students start coming in. He ignores the call, and turns his phone off.

Cut ahead to his class being over, and Paul turns on his phone. He sees he has ten missed calls, all from home. Wondering what could be wrong, he calls home, and a police officer answers. Paul asks what’s going on, and if he can talk to Lexy. The officer answers by saying Paul should come home. Paul runs out of the college, and drives home, seeing there are three police cars and an ambulance in his driveway. He runs out, and a police officer walks up to him, telling him he is sorry.

THE DOGS OF BABEL

Paul sits silently, as one of the officers explain it to him. A neighbor called them about an hour ago, who went outside her house and found Lexy’s body under the apple tree. The policemen say that they, along with the emergency response team that came along with them, have declared it an accident, and say that she died of a broken neck. Paul is in shock, and Lorelei runs up to him and begins licking his legs. Paul lightly kicks her off, and the policemen jokingly say to be careful, the dog is the only witness.

The policemen leave, and Paul walks into the house silently. He sees some steak on a pan, which he looks at oddly first, but then shrugs it off. Paul crawls into bed, alone, and then Lorelei jumps up into bed to sleep where Lexy used to. Paul tries to push her off, but Lorelei won’t budge. Paul rolls over then, and sleeps away from Lorelei. We then go through a montage of the funeral preparations, the people who give Paul their condolences, and the funeral itself, during all of which Paul feels distant. Something is bothering him about it.

A week later, Paul wakes up. It is the day he is supposed to go back to work. Lorelei begins wagging her tail at Paul, and nods her head toward the door. Paul doesn’t notice the sign that she’s supposed to go for a walk, and he heads off to work anyway. The day passes and Paul gets several more condolences at work. The dean offers to give Paul some paid time off, but Paul refuses, saying that moving on is the best thing to do. Paul goes home, and steps in some dog poop as soon as he opens the door. A flashback occurs, showing Paul, five years younger, at a garage sale in Florida. He finds a hardboiled egg mold, which he decides to buy. He walks over the grass to buy this, but steps in dog poop. He is shocked, and almost leaves, but then he hears a girl, Lexy, yell over that it says to keep off the grass for a reason. Paul turns to Lexy, who he looks at oddly. Lexy asks if he’s going to buy the egg mold, and Paul says sure. While the purchase is going on, Lexy asks if he likes eggs, and Paul answers that they are his favorite food. Lexy smiles, and says there’s a new breakfast place that opened, and she asks Paul if she wants to go there for breakfast sometime to get to know each other. Paul smiles, and says sure. Snapping out of the flashback, Paul is annoyed by the dog poop, and yells at Lorelei. Realizing that he’s going to actually have to take care of Lorelei, he takes her for a walk.

As he walks her, they pass by the apple tree. Paul stops for a minute and realizes something: why was Lexy up in the apple tree anyway? Paul runs back to the house with Lorelei and calls the police with this question. The man who answers says the case is closed, and if Paul doesn’t know why she was up in the apple tree, how would the police know? Paul hangs up, dejected, believing his wife didn’t die from an accident, but he remembers something the officer said earlier. Lorelei was the only witness to Lexy’s death. Paul then comes up with an idea; perhaps a crazy idea, but the only way to find out if his wife died. He is going to teach Lorelei how to speak English.

Paul figures that if you can teach a dog to understand “sit” or “stay,” there’s no reason you can’t take that to the point that a dog can speak. He goes on the computer, and we see his wallpaper, a picture of him and Lexy at Disney World. Another flashback occurs, showing Paul and Lexy arriving at Disney World four years earlier. They go on Splash Mountain, and after the ride, when they are soaked, Paul proposes to Lexy. Lexy says yes. The flashback ends and Paul begins searching to see if anyone else has done it yet. Naturally, going through pages and pages of search engines, he can’t find a single person who has been able to teach a dog to talk. He is about to give up when he finds a website for something called the Cerebus Society. Led by a man named Wendell Hollis, they managed to surgically alter a dog, Dog J, so he could make human noises. Paul isn’t convinced surgery is necessary, but he takes this as proof that a dog speaking is possible.

The next day, he goes to the dean’s office to tell him of his mission. The dean tells Paul he’s crazy, but Paul says he believes that it is possible to teach a dog to talk. The dean says he’s going to give Paul two weeks off, but then he needs to move on, and then maybe get rid of Lorelei, since she seems like she is preventing Paul’s natural grief to move on. Paul leaves the university, thinking about what the dean has said, but he shrugs it off, believing that Lorelei is the only thing he truly has left from Lexy.

He drives home, and begins to try to teach Lorelei. He takes Lorelei out to the apple tree, and says “tree” to her repeatedly while pointing to it. Lorelei doesn’t know what is going, and is ignoring Paul. Paul breaks down in tears, and goes back inside with Lorelei. Lorelei then barks at him, and Paul ignores her. She begins scratching at a hidden door that Paul notices. Paul opens the door, and a bunch of mask fall on him. Paul smiles, and remembers the time when he had to help his wife with her job. It was a wedding on Halloween two years ago, and the couple wanted individual masks for every guest. Lexy worked up to the last minute on the masks, and she asked Paul to drive her to the wedding. They made to the wedding just in time, and they were able to dance at the reception as thanks for their services.

Paul then remembers their own wedding, which was before the masked wedding. The actual wedding went well but then Lexy’s brother got drunk at the reception and he got in a fight with Paul. Lexy asked Paul not to hurt her brother, and Paul relented, and allowed Lexy’s brother to leave without a fist-fight. That night, on their honeymoon, Lexy revealed that she didn’t have the best relationship with her brother as a young child, and they often got into fights. Paul asked if that had to do with her depression as a teen, and Lexy says she thinks it was a major cause, but she’s no longer depressed now that she’s with Paul. The two kissed.

Paul picks up the mask on top, a mask made to look like Lorelei. He tosses it on his bedstand, and goes to bed, still in depression. Lorelei jumps up onto Lexy’s old spot, and for the first time, Paul doesn’t try to push her off. He pets Lorelei for a bit, and then falls asleep. A flashback occurs, showing the couple in Florida in their apartment six months after their honeymoon. Paul came home and told Lexy the good news. He has gotten a job at the University of Pennsylvania. Lexy was overjoyed, but then said she’s not sure she wanted to leave Florida so soon. Paul said to her that this is the chance of a lifetime, and if he turned down this job, it’d be a huge mistake. Lexy eventually agrees to for Paul to take the job. Paul then awakes the next morning late, and when he looks at the clock, he jumps up and panics, seeing he is late for work. He gets up immediately but then sees Lorelei asleep in Lexy’s spot. He remembers what has happened. He sighs, and goes into the shower.

After his shower, he wakes up Lorelei, and takes her on her walk. On their way back, they stop at the apple tree, which Paul stares at for a few seconds, and then they continue back to the house. Paul decides to e-mail Wendell Hollis about his quest. Paul sends the e-mail and goes back to trying to teach Lorelei. He decides to make flash cards for the dog. He remembers back to the time he and Lexy read books together, specifically ballads. Paul loved ballads and their language, and Lexy loved the epic stories of them. Paul snaps out of the flashback. He goes out and takes a picture of the apple tree, and then makes a flash card with the word “tree” on it. Paul tries it with Lorelei, pointing at the picture and then at the word underneath while saying “tree.” Lorelei growls and Paul sighs, remarking it’s a start.

Paul then goes to check his e-mail, seeing that Hollis has replied. Hollis says that he understands his problem, and he will actually be in Pittsburgh tomorrow. Hollis says that if Paul would like, he can meet Dog J. Paul replies that yes, he will be there and to bring Dog J. Paul then tries to find a hotel with vacancies for that night and allows dogs, and he finds only one. He quickly books a reservation, and loads Lorelei into his car.

Paul drives to Pittsburgh, and checks into the hotel. He leaves Lorelei some food and water, and then heads off to a club to meet Wendell Hollis. He goes in and finds the club empty except for a bartender. Paul tells the bartender he’s here to meet with Wendell, and the bartender takes him into the backroom, where Hollis is surrounded by several other people. Hollis smiles at Paul, and asks him if he wants to know how to speak to a dog. Paul explains that he needs to know. Hollis then asks Paul where he is spending the night, and Paul answers with the hotel name. Hollis smiles, and then begins speaking to Paul.

Hollis explains that he too has always wished to speak to a canine. He remarks that humans are like dogs anyway, always chasing their own tails and digging up old bones. Paul doesn’t follow the metaphor, but he nods anyway. Hollis continues, saying he has spent his entire life researching how to speak to a dog, and then he finally figured it out. Paul asks how, and then Hollis brings out Dog J. Hollis then explains what he did. In order to get Dog J to speak English, first he removed the dog’s larynx, saying that a dog cannot speak with a dog’s larynx, and it needs to have a human larynx to speak the language of humans, so after removing the dog’s larynx, he surgically put in a human larynx. Paul is disgusted, but then asks if it worked. Hollis shrugs, saying it obviously didn’t work immediately, and they had to teach the dog to speak like you would to a child. Hollis then asks Paul if he’d like to speak to Dog J, and Paul says yes.

One of Hollis’s assistants brings out Dog J, a dog who is clearly starving to death. Hollis asks Dog J how he is doing, and Dog J answers with a bizarre bunch of screeches and whines that sound like a dying cat. Paul’s eyes widen, and we see him slowly reach for his phone, which is on, and he dials 911 with the phone still in his phone still in his pocket. Hollis doesn’t notice and replies that Dog J sounds lovely, and Paul looks at him like he’s crazy. Hollis responds that, yes, the dog does sound a little hoarse, but that is only natural, thanks to the surgical operation. Paul says he can’t understand a single thing the dog is saying.

Hollis is furious for a brief second, but then smiles, saying maybe it is not satisfactory for Paul since it isn’t his own dog. Paul is confused, but then freaks out when he sees two of Hollis’s assistants carrying in Lorelei, who is muzzled. Hollis says that he took the liberty of assuming that Paul would want the operation as soon as possible. Paul tries to stop Hollis, but he is restrained by two more of Hollis’s assistants. They roll out an operating table, and treat with Lorelei with some knockout gas. We watch Paul’s reaction to watching Lorelei’s larynx is removed in front of his very eyes. We then cut to Hollis, who has the larynx wrapped up. He then says darkly that he will need a human larynx to transfer into Lorelei, saying that Paul could still communicate with Lorelei through writing. Paul gets himself free, and punches Hollis in the face. Hollis just laughs, and has the assistants restrain him once more.

Suddenly, the door opens, and in rushes ten cops. Hollis realizes that the jig is up, and he runs away into another secret passage. Nine of the cops follow Hollis and his men, while one cop helps Paul. Paul sees Lorelei with her wound still open, and begs the cop to take him to the local veterinary hospital. They arrive at the Greenfield Veterinary Hospital, and Paul waits in the waiting room for news. The nurse comes out and gives Paul good news and bad news. The good news is they were able to save Lorelei’s life just in time, but the bad news is that she will never bark again, as they were unable to retrieve her larynx. Paul realizes he’ll never achieve his goal of having Lorelei speak English.

Paul waits at the veterinary hospital for two days, and then Lorelei is released from the hospital. Lorelei is overjoyed to see Paul, and she tries to bark at him, but fails. Paul drives home with Lorelei, and then immediately walks Lorelei. They pass by the apple tree, which Paul ignores. Paul then sits down, and begins watching TV with Lorelei. He continues watching TV over the next week, only getting up from the couch to feed himself and Lorelei, and to use the bathroom.

While watching a late show, he sees an ad for a Psychic Hotline. About to switch channel’s, he stops when he sees a familiar face under the actual customers: Lexy. Lexy in the commercial says that the person she talked to, Lady Arabelle, was a great help to her. He begins calling the Hotline to try to reach Lady Arabelle. After thirty calls, he finally gets Lady Arabelle. He asks her about Lexy, and Lady Arabelle says she is not allowed to reveal her reading of Lexy. Paul explains the situation to her, and begs her to tell him what happened. Lady Arabelle relents and tells him that Lexy called to ask her baby’s future. Paul finds this odd, but says he already knew that Lexy was pregnant. Lady Arabelle goes through the reading, which says the child shall carry quite a load or none at all. Paul realizes the two meanings of this. Lady Arabelle says she hopes that she was not the one who called the death of Lexy. Paul hangs up, refusing to acknowledge the implications.

Paul then turns off the TV, and calls Lorelei to him. He begins petting Lorelei, trying to figure out what to do next. When he pets over her stitches, he grimaces, and then walks away. He looks at the mask, which is still on his bedstand. He picks it up, and throws it to the ground in agony. He runs outside, and looks at the apple tree. Determined, he goes into his garage, and grabs an axe. He chops the tree down, every swing giving him a memory of Lexy. Finally, when the tree is down, he goes inside, and hugs Lorelei, crying into her fur. Lorelei struggles and escapes from Paul. Paul follows Lorelei, and finds her sniffing the remains of the mask. He notices a small strip of paper by the mask, one that must have been left there for a while.

He picks it up and reads a note in Lexy’s handwriting that says, “third shelf down, five books to the right.” He realizes what this means. He goes to the bookshelf in their living room, the first time since Lexy’s death. Lorelei follows him, as he picks up the book that is on the third shelf down, and five books to the right, “Tam Lin,” the legendary Scottish ballad. He sits down on the couch, and Lorelei jumps up next to him. He opens the book up, and finds a note in the front, telling him to turn to page 34. He does and he finds a passage highlighted. He reads it out loud. “Had I known but yesterday what I know today, I’d have taken out your two gray eyes and put in eyes of clay; and had I known but yesterday you’d be no more my own, I’d have taken out your heart of flesh and put in one of stone."

Paul finally realizes that Lexy had a miscarriage and, unwilling to face the tragedy, committed suicide. Paul puts the book back, and heads into bed. Lorelei jumps up next to him, and he begins petting her, and then, unable to hold himself together, begins crying into her fur again. Lorelei lets him do this, and licks his ear.

The next morning Paul wakes up. He is still mourning Lexy’s death, but when he sees Lorelei, he smiles and starts playing fetch with her, the first time he’s ever played with Lorelei. He calls up a landscaper to quickly remove the fallen apple tree. After giving Lorelei a hug good-bye, He heads back to work, and the dean says that he seems to have moved on. That night, when he returns home, he takes Lorelei for a walk. They walk by where the apple tree used to be, and Paul walks up and plants an apple seed where it used to be. Paul has a single teardrop, but then moves on back into the house with Lorelei, both of them finally receiving closure from Lexy’s death.

Theaters: 3,353

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language, disturbing images, and thematic content.

Edited by Blankments

Espionage Project

Director: Doug Liman

Genre: Espionage/Action

Date: May 21

Cast: Matt Damon as Brian Banks, Tom Cruise as Chris Child, Daniel Craig as Bartholomew McDonald, Dwayne Johnson as Jake Jarnell, Gerard Butler as Jack Crumble, Jeremy Renner as the Head of Homeland Security, Anil Kapoor and Keifer Sutherland as the Contacts, and Jack Nicholson as the President.

Music by: Michael Giacchino.

Runtime: 98 min

Tagline: CRUISE. DAMON.

Plot Summary: After letting the president get kidnapped under their own watch, two government agents go on a rescue mission to fix their mistake.

Plot:

Brian Banks and Jack Crumble are the two best spies in the CIA. They’re partners, and we are introduced to them by seeing them stop an assassination attempt on the prime minister of Britain. They then chase down the assassins in a car chase through London. Meanwhile, Chris Child and Jake Jarnell are the best FBI agents ever, and they are partners together as well. We see them in London as well, as they have found a bomb triggered to blow up Big Ben. They quickly untie the bomb, and throw it into the bay, causing a cool explosion behind Buckingham Palace.

The leader of the SIS, Bartholomew McDonald, publicly reprimands the United States for their terrible management of agents. Brian and Jack are both pissed off at Chris and Jake and vice versa. They both maintain that if the other team wasn’t in England, they wouldn’t be on probation. The head of Homeland Security gives the four of them the job of protecting the President of the United States at a banquet. Jack and Jake have gotten over their hatred of each other, but Brian and Chris still don’t like each other at all. In fact, they get in a huge argument at the banquet, and they begin fighting each other in hand-to-hand combat.

While this is happening, only Jack and Jake are protecting the President. Some men jump from the roof, and kidnap Jack, Jake, and the President while all the guests are distracted by the two agents fighting. A chef breaks up the fight and then the two of them notice the missing President, and they find a card left on the stage where the President was standing. Realizing that they’d be arrested for treason as soon the government realizes they let the President be arrested under their watch, they run away.

While in their car, Brian scans the card for DNA samples, but instead finds a message saying that Jack and Jake are now a part of the “Espionage Project.” Brian asks Chris if he knows what that is, and Chris doesn’t. They hear sirens and look behind them. There is a parade of thirty police cars following them. An officer with a megaphone says they are under arrest for losing the President of the United States. Chris looks around while driving, seeing they are reaching a drawbridge that is going up. He speeds up to Brian’s terror, and tries to make the jump.

They make the jump, and dodge several cars coming their direction. Brian says that Chris only bought them two minutes of time, and Chris comments that he knows where a helicopter is. Brian is surprised, but Chris continues driving toward the helicopter. Suddenly, gunshots come out, and Brian grabs a pistol. He shoots the police officers in the arm exclusively, not wanting to actually hurt them. The police officers won’t relent the chase, but Chris and Brian reach the helicopter, which is tailored to Chris’s fingerprints. They get in, and take off.

Chris smiles, flying the helicopter easily. However, Brian points out they aren’t out of the woods yet. There are four helicopters chasing them and they are right behind them. Brian tells Chris to open the door, and Chris says there’s no way that is going to happen. Brian hits the button that opens the door anyway, and flies out. He grabs onto the landing rods with one hand, and begins shooting his pistol with the other. He shoots down each of the four helicopters, and then knocks on the door. Chris rolls his eyes and opens the door. Brian jumps in.

Chris says they’ve got to figure out what’s going on. Brian pulls out his phone, and decides to surf the web to see if there’s any information out on the President’s kidnapping. Brian reads that McDonald has retired as head of the SIS and is starting a new private contracting business, tentatively called the “Espionage Project.” Chris says he knows they’re gonna have to take him down, since that must mean he has Jack, Jake, and the President. Brian says they are going to need some weapons.

The two fly all the way over to Egypt, where they meet up with two men only known as the Contacts. The Contacts are good friends with Chris, and they reveal that the Espionage Project is a plan to bring the world’s greatest spies together as McDonald’s personal army. The Contacts supply Chris and Brian with guns for their infiltration of McDonald’s home, and also a private plane to take to his English estate.

The two agents fly there in style on the private jet, but then find that two engines giving out right by the estate. The plane crashlands and Brian and Chris survive. Jack and Jake run up to them and overtake them, and bring them to McDonald. McDonald says he knows that they are trying to clear their name, and he will let them. After they are done being brainwashed, he will let them rescue the president, and clear their names, giving the Espionage Project great publicity. McDonald leaves Brian and Chris with Jack and Jake to guard them.

Immediately Chris breaks himself free, and fights Jack while Jake protects Brian. Brian breaks out too and he fights back-to-back with Chris. They win, knocking out the two of them. They leave, and walk down the hallway to fight McDonald and save the president. McDonald sends numerous thugs down the hall to get rid of them, but Brian and Chris just shoot them down. After twenty minutes of this, they reach McDonald and beat him up.

They rescue the President, who says he knows what’s been going on, and that McDonald will pay for his crimes. McDonald just smiles and presses the self-destruct button. The President runs ahead to McDonald’s own helicopter, and Brian and Chris pick up Jake and Jack. They take off the helicopter just before the entire mansion explodes. They arrive back in Washington D.C. declared as heroes for rescuing the president, and Jack and Jake are un-brainwashed. The President affirms that the Espionage Project will never see light of day, and now Brian and Chris are great friends.

Theaters: 3,474

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language, and sequences of intense action and violence.

Budget: $120 million

Edited by Blankments

Adele: Rolling in the Deep

Directors: Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz

Genre: Concert/Documentary

Date: September 10

Cast: Adele as herself.

Music by: Adele.

Runtime: 114 min

Tagline: Could’ve Had It All.

Plot: The film follows her “Adele Live” tour, and her medical struggles with her vocal-cord hemorrhage, and how she came back from the voice in order to perform at the 2012 Grammy Awards.

Theaters: 2,815

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language and suggestive content.

Budget: $15 million

Edited by Blankments

Everyman

Director: Richard Eyre

Genre: Drama

Date: November 5 (4 theaters); November 12 (16 theaters); November 19 (621 theaters); November 24 (1243 theaters)

Cast: Tom Hiddleston as Everyman, Kenneth Branagh as God, Colin Firth as Death, David Tennant as Fellowship, Matt Smith as Kindred, Benedict Cumberbatch as Cousin, Christopher Eccleston as Goods, Tilda Swinton as Good Deeds, Fiona Shaw as Knowledge, Martin Freeman as Confession, Emma Watson as Beauty, Robbie Coltrane as Strength, Idris Elba as Discretion, Stephen Fry as Five Wits, Brian Blessed as Angel, Stellan Skarsgard as Doctor, and Michael Caine as Messenger.

Music by: Patrick Doyle.

Runtime: 97 min

Tagline: Summoned.

Plot Summary: An adaptation of the famous morality play.

Plot:

A messenger tells the audience to attend to the action to come, and to heed its lesson. Then God speaks, lamenting that humans have become too absorbed in material wealth and riches to follow Him. He feels taken for granted, because He receives no appreciation from mankind for all that He has given them.

So God commands Death, His messenger, to go to Everyman and summon him to heaven to make his reckoning. Death arrives at Everyman's side and informs him it is time for him to die and face judgment. Upon hearing this, Everyman is distressed as he does not have a proper account of his life prepared. So Everyman tries to bribe Death, and begs for more time. Death denies Everyman's requests, but will allow him to find a companion for his journey, someone to speak for his good virtues.

Fellowship, representing Everyman's friends, enters and promises to go anywhere with him. However, when Fellowship hears of the true nature of Everyman's journey, he refuses to go, saying that he would stay with Everyman to enjoy life but will not accompany him on a journey to death. Everyman then calls on Kindred and Cousin, who represent family, and asks them to go with him. Kindred refuses outright. Cousin also refuses by making excuses. In refusing to accompany Everyman, Cousin explains a fundamental reason why no people will accompany Everyman: they have their own accounts to write as well.

Everyman realizes that he has put much love in material Goods, so Goods will surely come with him on his journey with Death. But Goods will not come, saying that since Everyman was so devoted to gathering Goods during his life, but never shared them with the less fortunate, Goods' presence would only make God's judgment of Everyman more severe. Everyman then turns to Good Deeds. Good Deeds says she would go with him, but she is too weak as Everyman has not loved her in his life. Good Deeds summons her sister Knowledge to accompany them, and together they go to see Confession. Confession offers Everyman a "jewel" called Penance if he repents his sins to God and suffers pain to make amends.

In the presence of Confession, Everyman begs God for forgiveness and repents his sins, punishing himself with a scourge: Good Deeds becomes strong enough to accompany Everyman on his journey with Death. Knowledge gifts Everyman with "a garment of sorrow" made from his own tears, and then Good Deeds summons Beauty, Strength, Discretion and Five Wits to join them. They all agree to accompany Everyman as he goes to a priest to take sacrament. But after taking the sacrament, Everyman tells them where his journey ends, and again they all abandon him – except for Good Deeds. Beauty, Strength, Discretion, and the Five Wits are all qualities that fade as a person gets older. Knowledge cannot accompany him after he leaves his physical body, but will stay with him until the time of death. Content at last, Everyman climbs into his grave with Good Deeds at his side and dies, after which they ascend together into heaven, where they are welcomed by an Angel.

The Doctor, representing a scholar, enters and provides an epilogue, explaining to the audience the moral of the story: that in the end, a man will only have his Good Deeds to accompany him beyond the grave.

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for thematic elements and language

Budget: $20 million

Edited by Blankments

The Once and Future King: The Sword in the Stone

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Genre: Fantasy

Date: December 24

Cast: Asa Butterfield as The Wart, Dakota Goyo as Kay, Daniel Craig as Sir Ector, James McAvoy as King Pellinore, Liam Neeson as Sir Grummore, Gary Oldman as Merlyn, Idris Elba as Hob, Freddie Highmore as Older Arthur, Douglas Booth as Older Kay, Andrew Garfield as Robin Wood, Pierce Brosnan as Little John, Lara Pulver as Maid Marian, Helen Mirren as Morgan le Fay, Ewan McGregor as Archimedes, Russell Crowe as William Twiti, and Anthony Hopkins as Uther Pendragon.

Music by: Howard Shore.

Runtime: 116 min

Tagline: Journey to a world beyond imagination.

Plot Summary: An epic adaptation of the classic novel.

Plot:

In medieval England, Sir Ector raises two young boys; his son, Kay, and an adopted orphan named Art, who has come to be known as the Wart. The boys are taught chivalry and mathematics, and although Kay makes mistakes in his lessons, he is rarely disciplined, since he will one day inherit his father’s lands and title. Drinking port one day, Sir Ector and his friend Sir Grummore Grummursum decide that they should go on a quest to find a new tutor for the boys, since their previous tutor has gone insane. It is July, however, and Sir Ector is busy supervising his tenants while they put the year’s hay out to dry. One day after working in the fields, Kay and the Wart go hawking. They take the hawk Cully from the Mews and head into the fields. Even though the Wart is better at handling Cully, Kay insists on carrying the hawk, and he releases him prematurely in the hopes that the hawk will catch a nearby rabbit. Cully, who is in a temperamental mood, flies into a nearby tree instead and perches there, glaring evilly at the two boys.

Cully flies deeper and deeper into the forest. The Wart worries that Cully’s caretaker, Hob, will be disappointed to see so much of his hard work gone to waste, but Kay says that Hob is just a servant, and he storms off. The Wart, however, decides to stay behind and recapture the bird. As darkness falls, the Wart settles down under the tree where Cully has perched. A man shoots an arrow at the Wart, and the Wart runs farther into the forest, losing his way. In the forest, he runs into a knight named King Pellinore. King Pellinore is a kindly, bespectacled man who is on a hunt for a magical creature known as the Questing Beast. The Wart invites Pellinore back to Sir Ector’s castle, hoping that Pellinore knows the way or will at least protect him. Pellinore seems tempted, but he suddenly hears the Questing Beast and runs off in hot pursuit, leaving the Wart behind.

The Wart eventually falls asleep in the dark forest. In the morning, he discovers a cottage and an old man drawing water from a well. The old man introduces himself as Merlyn. He has a long white beard and is dressed in a pointed cap and a gown with embroidered stars and strange signs. He invites the Wart, whose name he already knows, into the cottage, which is full of magical items, strange artifacts, and a talking owl named Archimedes. Merlyn tells the Wart that he is a magician who lives backward in time and that he will be the Wart’s new tutor. They leave for Sir Ector’s castle, and the Wart marvels that he must have just been on a quest.

The Wart and Merlyn make their way to the castle, stopping only to catch Cully. When they arrive, Merlyn demonstrates his magical powers to Sir Ector, who dismisses them as sleights of hand, but hires Merlyn nonetheless. Kay belittles the Wart’s adventure. Sir Ector’s castle is located in the middle of a wild English forest called the Forest Sauvage. On a hot summer day in August, the Wart meets his new tutor, Merlyn, for his first lesson. They stand on a bridge above the castle’s moat, and the Wart wishes aloud that he were a fish. Merlyn transforms the Wart into a fish and accompanies him in the moat in the form of a large, wise-looking tench. At the behest of a roachfish, they visit a family of fish whose matriarch is ill, and although Merlyn thinks she is making up her illness, he cures her all the same. Merlyn, who wants the Wart to learn about the dangers of absolute monarchy, brings him to visit the king of the moat, an enormous pike. The pike lazily answers some of the Wart’s questions, affirming that power and might are the only two things worth living by. The pike then tries to eat the Wart, but the Wart swims away in the nick of time and is promptly changed back into a boy by Merlyn.

Kay and the Wart go hunting for rabbits. After Kay kills one rabbit, the Wart fires an arrow into the air. A gore-crow catches the arrow in the air and flies off with it. Kay solemnly pronounces to his angry companion that the bird must have been a witch.

One day while a sergeant at arms teaches Kay to joust, the Wart mentions to Merlyn that he would also like to be a knight, though he sadly remembers that he is destined to be Kay’s squire, an unknighted assistant charged with escorting and aiding knights on their quests. Although Merlyn seems to know that the Wart’s gloomy prediction is inaccurate, he keeps this knowledge to himself and says he will allow the Wart to see some real knights. The Wart eagerly picks King Pellinore, to whom he has become attached, and he is magically transported to a clearing in the Forest Sauvage, where he sees Sir Grummore challenging Pellinore to a joust. The two knights engage in a cordial moment and then decide to joust, calling out insults to each other in the more formal high tongue. The battle is a silly one. Each knight is so weighed down by his armor that neither can hurt the other. The two knights charge at each other twice on horses and then a few more times on foot before missing each other entirely and crashing into trees. Merlyn tells the Wart that when the knights wake up, they will be friends. Merlyn then transports the Wart back to the practice ground at Sir Ector’s castle.

Growing bored, the Wart wanders around the castle. Merlyn turns the Wart into a merlin, a kind of hunting bird, and puts the Wart in the Mews with the other birds for the night. There, the peregrine falcon, the bird in charge, asks the Wart about his ancestry and challenges the Wart to prove himself. As a new member of the group, he must show himself worthy by perching within reach of Cully, the goshawk, until the other hawks have rung their bells three times. Cully, who is so used to killing, attacks the Wart, who barely escapes as the bells ring for a third time. In song, the birds hail him as “the King of Merlins.”

The next morning, the Wart wakes up in his own bed, and Kay accuses him of violating curfew the night before. The Wart refuses to tell Kay about the previous night, and the two begin to fight. The Wart receives a black eye, and Kay’s nose begins to bleed. As Kay waits for the blood to stop, he begins to cry because Merlyn has not given him any of the adventures he has given the Wart. When the Wart asks Merlyn why he ignores Kay, Merlyn relents and tells the Wart that Kay will have an adventure.

The Wart and Kay walk toward the Forest Sauvage alongside the strip of barley in Sir Ector’s fields. Eventually, they encounter a seven-foot-tall giant named Little John. Little John leads them to the camp of a man he calls Robin Wood, known to the villagers as Robin Hood. At the camp they meet Robin and his love, Maid Marian. Robin tells them that one of his men, Friar Tuck, has been kidnapped by Morgan le Fay, a woman of uncertain origin who is believed to be the queen of fairies. Le Fay has also captured one of Sir Ector’s servants, Dog Boy, and a local idiot named Wat. The Wart and Kay agree to help rescue the three men.

Robin tells the Wart and Kay that although his men will help them get to Morgan le Fay’s castle, only innocent children may enter, so the Wart and Kay will have to go on alone. Robin gives the boys a small knife, which he explains will protect them because fairies are afraid of iron. Robin warns them not to eat anything while they are in the castle, since they will be trapped there forever if they do so. As he gives them his instructions, his men drift in silently for their meal.

That night, the company regroups near the castle, and Marian, Kay, and the Wart successfully sneak past a fierce griffin. The fairies, hoping to lure in children, have made their castle out of butter, cheese, and meat, but the Wart and Kay find it nauseating. Inside the castle, the Wart and Kay find Morgan le Fay resting on a bed of lard, and Dog Boy, Friar Tuck, and Wat tied to pillars of pork. The boys rescue the prisoners by threatening Morgan le Fay with their knives.

Although the castle disappears when Morgan le Fay is defeated, the griffin remains and attacks Kay and the Wart as they escape. Robin’s men try unsuccessfully to fight the griffin off with their bows. As the griffin leaps toward the Wart, Kay shoots an arrow into its eye, and it dies. The griffin falls on the Wart, breaking his collarbone. Robin’s men present Kay with the griffin’s head. As his reward for the adventure, the Wart asks only to be able to bring Wat back to Merlyn to see if the magician can cure Wat, who is mad. Back at Sir Ector’s castle, the boys are congratulated for their adventure, and Kay is very proud.

The Wart becomes bored with recuperating from a broken collarbone and asks Merlyn to change him into an ant in one of the colonies Merlyn keeps in a glass tank. Merlyn agrees and tells the Wart to place a reed between the two nests. He then changes the Wart into an ant, and the Wart finds himself at the outskirts of one of the two nests. In his head, the Wart can hear repetitive broadcasts that alternate between giving orders and directions and playing repetitive, soothing gibberish. The Wart comes across an ant who is busy arranging the corpses of two dead ants. Because the Wart is doing nothing, the ant thinks he is insane and reports him to the central command. Sarcastically, the Wart says he has merely hit his head and forgotten his identity, and the ant finds work for him. As the Wart works, he hears more and more broadcasts that prepare the nest for war with illogical arguments and religious sermons that advocate violence. Just as the two ant colonies are about to go to war, Merlyn returns the Wart to human form.

In November, Sir Ector receives a letter from Uther Pendragon, the king of England, telling him that the royal huntsman, William Twyti, will be coming to hunt near Sir Ector’s castle that winter. Sir Ector is expected to house Twyti, his dogs, and his men. On Christmas night, the whole village comes to the great hall of the castle to feast. William Twyti is there with his men. The castle and its fields are beautiful under the snow, and everyone is in a good mood.

Early the next morning, Twyti gathers his men and his dogs for the hunt. With the help of Robin Wood, they find a boar. The boar eventually rushes at Twyti, but Robin kills it with a sword before it can harm Twyti. After the hunt, Pellinore finds the Questing Beast lying sick on the ground and deduces that the beast’s decline is his fault. Pellinore is guilt-ridden by the thought that he has been resting in Sir Grummore’s castle for months while the beast has pined away in his absence. He gathers men to bring the Questing Beast back to Sir Ector’s castle, where he plans to nurse it back to health so the quest can begin again.

One day in spring, Merlyn, the Wart, and Merlyn’s talking owl, Archimedes, have a conversation. The Wart claims that the rook is his favorite bird because it flies as though it has a sense of humor. Archimedes says his favorite bird is the pigeon. Merlyn speculates that the calls of birds and animals are imitations of sounds in nature. That night, Merlyn transforms the Wart into an owl. Archimedes teaches him to fly gracefully. Once the Wart knows how to fly, Merlyn turns him into a goose and transports him to a vast, wet plain. The Wart flies with other geese, looks for food, stands guard as they eat, and meets a female goose named Lyo-lyok. She makes fun of his strange behavior, and the Wart tells her that he is really a human. He shocks her by wondering out loud whether they are guarding against an attack by other geese. Lyo-lyok tells him that the idea of two groups of the same species killing each other is unthinkable, since there are already predators outside of their species and since there are no boundaries or territories in the air that can be fought over.

The Wart learns about the geese’s society from Lyo-lyok. The geese have no private property or laws, and their leaders are selected on the basis of their ability to navigate. Soon the time for migration comes, and on their first day of flight, they travel to Norway. The Wart wakes up in his human form to hear Kay, with whom the Wart shares a bed, telling him he snores like a goose. Six years pass. Kay becomes more temperamental, insisting on using weapons he cannot handle and challenging everybody to fights in which he is invariably defeated. He begins to spend less time with the Wart, since the Wart will soon be beneath Kay’s social station, though it seems Kay is behaving in this way against his will. The Wart is resigned to his fate as Kay’s squire.

Merlyn tells the sulking Wart that the best thing for sadness is to learn something new. Merlyn tells the Wart that this is the last time he will be able to turn him into an animal, since they will soon part ways. Merlyn then turns the Wart into a badger and sends him to visit a wise badger. The Wart, however, in his foul mood, wanders away from the badger’s lair and comes across a hedgehog, whom he threatens to eat.

The Wart eventually returns to the badger’s lair and talks to the badger, who tells the Wart a story about how man got dominion over the animals. In the beginning, all animals looked like shapeless embryos. God offered to alter each of them in three different ways. The animals chose things like claws for digging and large teeth for cutting. Man was the last embryo to choose, and he chose to stay just as God made him. God therefore gave him dominion over the animals and the ability to use any tool he wanted. The badger wonders, however, whether man has turned his dominion into a kind of tyranny.

When King Pellinore arrives for Kay’s knighting, he brings important news: King Uther Pendragon has died without an heir. A sword, which has been stuck all the way through an iron anvil and into a stone underneath it, has appeared in front of a church in London. On the sword are inscribed the words, “Whoso Pulleth Out This Sword of this Stone and Anvil, is Rightwise King Born of All England.” A tournament has been proclaimed for New Year’s Day so that men from all over England can come to try to pull out the sword. Kay convinces Sir Ector, Sir Grummore, and Sir Pellinore that they should go to the tournament. While they are talking, the Wart and Merlyn enter and Merlyn announces that he is leaving.

On the day of the tournament, Kay is so excited that he makes the group get up early and go to the jousting area an hour before the jousts begin. When he arrives, Kay realizes that he has left his sword at the inn, so he haughtily sends the Wart to go back and get it. The inn is closed, however, when the Wart gets there. In front of a nearby church, he sees a sword stuck in a stone. He makes two unsuccessful attempts to pull out the sword. There is a sudden stirring in the churchyard, and the Wart sees a congregation of his old animal friends. With their encouragement, the Wart pulls the sword from the stone with ease. The Wart brings the sword back to Kay. Kay recognizes it as the sword that will determine the next king of England and falsely claims that he was the one who pulled it out of the stone. When Sir Ector presses Kay, however, Kay admits that the Wart pulled it out. To the Wart’s horror, his beloved foster father and brother both kneel before him, and he tearfully wishes he had never found the sword.

The Wart is accepted as king after repeatedly putting the sword into the anvil and drawing it back out again. He receives gifts from all over England. One day, Merlyn appears magically before him. He tells the Wart that the Wart’s father was Uther Pendragon and that Merlyn was the one who first brought the Wart to Sir Ector’s castle as an infant. Merlyn tells the Wart that from now on he will be known as King Arthur.

Theaters: 3,897

MPAA Rating: PG for fantasy violence and brief language

Budget: $150 million

Edited by Blankments

ZeroG

Date: June 11th

Theaters: 3,188

Genre: Sci-Fi/Horror/Psychological Thriller

Director: Josh Trank

Cast: Aaron Yoo (Stephen Platt), Sharlto Copley (Jared)

Runtime: 91min (1hr, 31min)

Rating: R for disturbing violent content and pervasive language

Budget: $35 million

Plot: An astronaut on an important mission falls victim to an unforseen - and devastating - mental illness, theatening the lives of his entire crew.

A group of eleven astronauts are about to be sent on an important mission to find a precious material on Mars. This group of men and women have been tested heavily back on earth, to make sure that they are in a suitable mental and physical state before being sent on this critical mission. One of these men, Stephen Platt, has dreamed about going to the space ever since he was a child. He is excited to finally be living his childhood dream. He says goodbye to his family as he and his co-workers are about to depart into space. The liftoff is seen in a very exciting way, and everyone back on Earth cheers for the successful launch.

In the shuttle, known as the Eagle, the ship takes photographs of the cosmic skies as the ship's inner camera records footage of the astronauts trying to live in this spacecraft. This sequence in the film demonstrates how astronauts are able to live in space for such a long time. We see that most of the astronauts are working together well, and Stephen is continuing the friendship that he started in training with a fellow astronaut named Jared. However, we also see Stephen begin to act strange on the ship.

Stephen begins talking to himself, thinking that he is uncertain about his current feelings in this ship. He remembers acting strange when he was placed in odd situations ever since he was a young child. However, these feelings were restrained during training. However, Stephen begins to fear that the psychological breakdown that was occurring within him could potentially compromise the entire mission. As the ship approaches mars, he tells his other crew members, sometimes forcefully, to stay away from him.

The other crew members become concerned about the state of mild insanity that Stephen is entering. Jared is especially scared about what Stephen may be going through. Meanwhile, Stephen begins to see hallucinations of terrible events happening, and he begins to draw horrifying pictures in his notebook, as well as the text, "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING" repeated for a large number of times. However, Stephen is able to hide this state of increased insanity from the rest of his crew, as we see Stephen become the monster that everyone feared he would be.

Before the ship is able to arrive on Mars, Stephen has an insane freakout. He tries to choke Jared after he tries to help him, but all of these efforts were futile. Stephen was officially insane. We then see him go about sabotaging the ships controls, causing utter fear and panic in all of the other crew members. Ground control is also scared of the things that are happening in outer space. We eventually get to the point where Stephen is actually murdering the rest of his crew members. However, he is crying as he does so. In these mixed emotions, something is revealed about Stephen.

He suffered from an extremely rare mental disorder called Janford's Syndrome. This illness was associated with bouts of insanity in stressful situations. However, this was the kind of insanity that caused its sufferers to become violent towards other people, almost unaware of the harm that they are causing. The reason that Stephen passed training was because he never felt true stress as he did in space. We then see Stephen constanty shifting his current emotional state, soon losing complete control. He sets the ship to crash onto Mars, and just before he does so, he begins to cry. Stephen’s mental disorder had taken over, and the entire ship was doomed. Right before the ship crashes, we hear reports of lawsuits for his mental disorder not being accounted for, causing the loss of so much money. The film blacks out right before the ship crashes.

THE END

Edited by Spaghetti

Legally Blonde

Director: Adam Shankman

Genre: Courtroom/Romantic-Comedy/Musical

Date: June 18

Cast: Ashley Tisdale as Elle Woods, Justin Timberlake as Emmett Forrest, Melissa McCarthy as Paulette Bonafonte, Tom Cruise as Professor Calahan, Armie Hammer as Warner Huntington III, Zooey Deschenal as Vivienne Kensington, Kyle Chandler as Kyle, Reese Witherspoon as Brooke Wyndham, Rebel Wilson as Enid Hoopes, Kristin Bell as Margot, Dakota Fanning as Serena, Hayden Panetiere as Pilar, Raini Rodriguez as Chutney, and Sacha Baron Cohen as Nikos. (Last one is a cameo)

Runtime: 109 min

Tagline: Big, Blonde, and Beautiful

Plot Summary: A movie adaptation of the musical adaptation of the original movie.

Plot:

The overjoyed girls of UCLA's sorority Delta Nu, led by Margot, Serena, and Pilar, celebrate the engagement of Warner Huntington III to their perky, sweet, and strikingly blonde sorority president, Elle Woods, who is fretting over finding the perfect dress for the occasion ("Omigod You Guys"). Once she acquires her dream dress, Elle goes to dinner with Warner, where he tells her that he needs someone more serious ("Serious") and breaks up with her. Elle is devastated and sulks for twelve days ("Daughter of Delta Nu") but decides to chase Warner to Harvard Law School to show him that she can be serious. With help from Delta Nu sister Kate, Elle studies for the LSATs. Instead of writing a personal essay, Elle bursts into the Harvard admission offices backed by a squad of cheerleaders. She is accepted after revealing she is motivated by love ("What You Want").

Elle's snobby classmates disapprove of her attire, and the only person who is willing to help her is law teaching assistant, Emmett Forrest ("The Harvard Variations"). However, he cannot protect her in class from the blood-thirsty Professor Callahan ("Blood in the Water"). Callahan kicks the under-prepared Elle out of class at the suggestion of her classmate Vivienne Kensington, who happens to be Warner's new girlfriend. This "tragedy" summons the apparitions of the sisters of Delta Nu, who, acting as a Greek Chorus visible and audible only to Elle, tell her to stay positive ("Positive"). Elle, deciding that being blonde is the problem, decides to become a brunette. She heads to the Hair Affair salon where she meets the spunky beautician Paulette, who tells Elle that when she is down, she puts on her favorite CD, and dreams of Ireland ("Ireland"). At the salon, Vivienne gives Elle an unexpected invitation to a costume party. Paulette sends Elle off with a costume for the party, her positivity and blonde hair still intact ("Ireland (Reprise)").

Walking into the party as a Playboy Bunny, Elle soon realizes that she was tricked by Vivienne but courageously seeks Warner in an effort to win him back, leaving him unimpressed ("Serious (Reprise)"). Elle runs from the party, only to meet Emmett, who struggles to understand Elle's love problems. He has Elle assess her priorities until she realizes it is her obsession with Warner that keeps her from earning his respect. ("Chip on My Shoulder"). Freed from her need to please Warner, she defeats him in a classroom debate. Elle then helps Paulette in a way that proves she is beginning to understand law ("Run, Rufus, Run/Elle Reflects"). Warner and Vivienne win two of Callahan's coveted internship positions, and Warner proposes to Vivienne on the spot right in front of Elle. Vivienne accepts, with a kiss and a yes. Before Elle's heart can break, Emmett shows her the internship list. Below the names of Vivienne, Warner, and classmate Enid Hoopes is the name Elle Woods, at which she is ecstatic ("So Much Better").

Elle, Callahan, Emmett, Vivian, Warner, and Enid views fitness queen, Brooke Wyndham, and her fitness team's workout video ("Whipped Into Shape"). Callahan tells the legal team that Brooke is accused of murdering her billionaire husband. The "video" then turns into a scene from the jail, where Brooke leads the inmates into a fitness frenzy. Brooke then privately tells Elle her alibi, that she was getting liposuction, but makes Elle promise not to tell anyone ("Delta Nu Nu Nu"). Elle and Emmett are shunned by the group and to cheer Emmett up, Elle gives him a makeover ("Take It Like A Man").

Back at the Hair Affair, Elle is getting a manicure when Kyle, the sexy UPS guy, walks into the salon to deliver a package to Paulette. When he leaves, Pilar, Serena, and Margot are summoned by Paulette's amazing "Bend and Snap". The sorority girls tell Paulette to use the "Bend and Snap" on Kyle, but when she does, she accidentally breaks his nose ("Bend and Snap").

In the courtroom, we see Nikos, Brooke's pool boy, being questioned by the D.A. about his "love affair" with Brooke. After doing the Bend and Snap in front of Nikos and getting no attention, Elle is convinced that Nikos is gay. Callahan and her teammates do not believe her, simply thinking that he is just European ("There! Right There!"). At the end of the song, Nikos confesses that he is indeed gay AND European.

Later that night in Callahan's office, the interns celebrate Elle's skill. However, after dismissing Emmett and the other interns, Callahan forcibly kisses Elle, who slaps him. In turn, Callahan fires her. Warner and Vivienne both saw the kiss, though only Vivienne saw the slap. Warner mocks Elle, but Vivienne tells him to shut up and they both leave. A defeated Elle prepares to go home, even though Emmett asks her to stay, finally realizing that he is in love with her ("Legally Blonde").

Elle heads to the Hair Affair to say goodbye to Paulette, but before she can leave, Vivienne and Enid convince Elle otherwise ("Legally Blonde Remix"). Elle discards her lawyerly navy suits, dons a pink dress and leads a parade back to the courtroom. They meet Kyle on the way, who takes a liking to Paulette, and reveals himself to be the Irish man of her dreams, prompting a Riverdance amongst the ensemble. Back at the trial, Brooke fires Callahan and hires Elle. Brooke's stepdaughter Chutney goes to the witness stand and her testimony is damning, but Elle triumphs by revealing Chutney's lie with her knowledge of hair maintenance ("Omigod You Guys (Reprise)"). Chutney accidentally confesses that she killed her father. Warner proposes to Elle, having been dumped by Vivienne. Elle gently refuses, claiming to have been changed by the experience ("Find My Way").

Three years later, Elle ends up as the valedictorian of her class. Paulette tells the audience that Enid practices family law, Vivienne is training for the Peace Corps, and Warner pursues a modeling career. Callahan ran for governor but was defeated, and his wife hired Emmett to handle their divorce. Paulette married Kyle, had two kids, and is pregnant with a third. They live in Worcester, Massachusetts and Paulette bought a new salon. At the end of the graduation, Elle proposes to Emmett, and Emmett accepts ("Finale").

Theaters: 3,394

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language and sexual material.

Edited by Blankments

First in the Nation

Genre: Political/Dramady

Cast: Noomi Rapace (Chelsea Witten), Jeremy Renner (Paul Serrano), Jackie Earle Haley (Mike Haggerty), Denis Leary (Sloan Davis), Zeljko Ivanek (Donald Watson), Yvonne Strahovski (Laura Jordan), Garrett Dillahunt (Charlie Willis), with Glenn Close (Sarah Myerstrom), and Tommy Lee Jones (Gerald Lawrence)

Director: Steven Soderbergh

Written By: Aaron Sorkin

Release Date: 10/1

Theater Count: 2837 Theaters

Running Time: TBA

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for brief strong language, sexual references, and sensuality

Background Info: The New Hampshire Primary is the first presidential primary in the nation, preceded only by the Iowa Caucus. The winner of the New Hampshire Republican Primary usually becomes the presidential nominee for the Republican Party. This is the story of the days leading up to the (fictional) 2012 New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary.

The 4 candidates for the Republican nomination are:

Governor Stanton- The current governor of Oklahoma, he is a classic right-wing social and fiscal conservative with an easygoing personality, Southern drawl, and cowboy persona. He is challenging Lawrence’s frontrunner status.

Gerald Lawrence- The former governor of Wisconsin, he is running on his extensive experience in the business world as CEO of Fortune 500 companies. Has a problem with inconsistency on the issues and some doubt his conservative credentials.

Sarah Myerstrom- The former governor of Pennsylvania, she is a moderate on many social issues so she is getting criticized by many conservatives and hardliners. Has strong foreign policy chops.

Congressman Olson- A somewhat wild and kooky libertarian from Idaho who wants to eliminate as much “excessive” government as possible, appeals with populism.

Plot Summary:

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The Career Buster

Genre: Comedy

Date: May 28th

Theaters: 3,258

Director: Greg Mottola

Cast: Sam Rockwell (Bradley Duncan), Stephen Merchant (Darren Wesley), Charlie Day (Jack Hudson), Nick Offerman (Ronnie Meyers), Aziz Ansari (Jonny Kapta), Ty Burrel (George Harris), Gillian Jacobs (Geannette Marius), Elizabeth Banks (Ganice Marius), Ed Harris (James Coleman)

Runtime: 112min (1hr, 52min)

Rating: R for language throughout, some drinking, and crude sexual humor

Plot: A director sets out to make the worst movie ever made.

Bradley Duncan is one of Hollywood's finest directors, having won thee oscars and made of the generation's best movies. His last film was "Epsilon," a sci-fi epic that explores the nature of humanity. It ended up being a huge box office hit and winning every single oscar for which it was eligible. Of course, Bradley is thrilled with this work, but he becomes concerned. Given all of the films that he's done, he's set the bar impossibly high for himself. He's made amazing films in almost every known genre, and people will expect more of the same. All of the sudden, Bradley receives an incredible idea: In order to lower audience's expectations of him, he sets out to make the worst movie possible.

His long time producer and partner, Darren Wesley, thinks that it's an insane idea, but Bradley convinces him to play along with it. First, he hires a team of lousy writers, Jack Hudson and Ronnie Meyers, to pen what may very well be the worst script ever imagined. What they come up with is pretty good: It's a man who turns into a baby, and he must try to live out his life with the help of his pet guinea pig, who is somehow able to talk - and rap. The writers are fully aware of Bradley's motives, but they're just happy to work with him. Meanwhile, people across the internet become outraged that one of Hollywood's best directors is working on what seems to be such a terrible film.

In the script, Bradley works to make everything as terrible and cliched as he could possibly make it. After looking over a final draft of the script, he and Darren have a huge vomiting fit. This script is gloriously awful, and even the least discerning taste will find it intolerable. The next step is to cast three of the most obnoxious celebrities and worst actors in Hollywood to play the three main roles: the rapping hamster, the man, and his attractive wife. We then hire comedians Jonny Kapta and George Harris to play the two first roles, respectively. Also, famous celebrity (a la the Kardashians) Geannette Marius, is set to play the wife.

Filming the movie is an immensely hilarious process. We see just how awful some of the scenes are, and the crew often cracks joke about how this movie is going to be terrible. At one scene Geannette has a moment of rage on set, simply because Bradley is not working with her style. She ends up dropping out of the movie, but she is soon replaced by her sister, Ganice. "Have they ever heard of the letter 'J'?" asks one of the crew members. After a few weeks, filming is soon wrapped up, and everyone is in shock that such an esteemed director would be making such a terrible film. However, does he have any tricks up his sleeve?

The night of the first test screening comes, and there is a surprisingly muted crowd for the premiere of "Baby Daddy." Bradley Duncan becomes excited with the terrible reviews that he's going to recieve. Ironically, the actors are hopeful that audiences will laugh at the film, given the fact that they view it as a clever and original premise. The screening occurs, and it turns out that there was a significant critic in Hollywood, James Coleman, who was viewing the film. He says that he will have a review up in three days. The next day, Bradley checks online media, but he is shocked that nearly everyone who saw the film thought that it was hysterical.

"This wasn't supposed to happen!" Bradley begins to panic, but he is reassured by the possibility that these audiences just have low expectations. However, it turns out that James Coleman loved it too. Bradley soon came to realize the big "problem": His film was intended to be such low quality, that it actually turned out to be a satire of modern cinema, and how filmmakers care more about making money than producing quality entertainment. Bradley becomes shocked as more raves keep coming in.

In the end, the film turns out to be a huge hit at the box office, and it even gets Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay nods at the Academy Awards! After his unexpected success, he comes to a realization: In trying to becomes terrible, he actually turned out to be a huge success! No director ever tried to make an intentionally terrible movie, but Bradley may have either completely failed, or succeed to the point of working his way back around to quality. Either way, Bradley is re-assured that he's still got the touch, no longer worried about letting his audiences down. In the end, he sets back out to make an actually high quality film, particularly to get the taste of "Baby Daddy" out of his mouth.

Edited by Spaghetti