38 members have voted

1. 1. Grade District 9

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

it wasn't bad, could have been tightened up (nigerian subplot seemed unnecessary), switching in and out of documentary mode was rather distracting, and none of the themes were explored very deeply (trying to do too much at once) but it was still entertaining and a little thought-provoking, and there were some very nice touches - having the aliens speak a foreign language we can't understand but the in-movie humans can for example. it was better at the start when it had a doco-style observation atmosphere, and devolved into something a bit generic over time, but oh well.

68/100, B

This is easily one of the best sci fi films recently.

There is a huge divergence about this film I noticed between people.

Some people really did not like the documentry style.

I found it okay but imo I actually liked when the film raised the stakes and we got some amazing action scenes for such a small budget.

The film has strong messages buts it not a over preachy film which I dont like at all.

A-

I actually loved how the movie went from a documentary to a full blown action movie, it did it so effortlessly. My favourite film of 2009. There's not many films I eagerly anticipate that actually top my expectations, this is one of them. I think its actually my favourite sci-fi movie.A+

Edited by Jessie