baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

15M Friday includes the 4.5M from Thurs/Midnight? Wtf, I'm confused....I did not see this movie making 30M at all.

If it follows PA3's pattern from here it will make 29m. And PA3 had a higher perch to fall from. I wouldn't say 30m is impossible, just pretty improbable.
  • Like 1

Call me crazy, but I think Argo's going to be #1 next weekend. PA will drop big, and none of the openers will really break out.

Nothing crazy about it. Argo will definitely be ahead of PA4 next weekend. As for the openers, I don't know how much they are tracking at, but going by the trailers, none look like sureshot 15m openers.

I understand the whole "it's still going to profit arguement" but doing less than $40M I consider a FAIL in the franchise.This is worse than EXP2 OW not topping the first one.

• Founder / Operator

The fact that that $15m includes Thursday night grosses is an even worse sign. I definitely think estimates tomorrow go down to $30-31m, with actuals coming in on Monday under that with $29 million or so.

• Like 1

The fact that that $15m includes Thursday night grosses is an even worse sign. I definitely think estimates tomorrow go down to $30-31m, with actuals coming in on Monday under that with $29 million or so.

Agree.

Cloud Atlas is a tough sell and while I like Tom Hanks a lot, his last 2 movies didn't do well in the box office. Ditto Halle Berry who are the faces of Cloud Atlas' marketing campaign. But I hope it could surprise next weekIs there a chance for Frankenweenie to gross 50 million?

Edited by forg

This is happening so much lately...it's like a virus spreading. :lol:
  • Like 1

So Sinister is going to approach, if not cross $10m this weekend which would mean a sub-50% drop and a possible $55m finish. There is even an outside chance of it ultimately outgrossing PA4, which would be a really amazing repeat of a PA/Saw VI or Insidious/Scream 4 situation.Taken 2 will have a sub-40% drop, Seven Psychopaths a sub-30% one and Hotel Transylvania a sub-25% one.Perks looks like it's going to increase from last weekend in both PTA and gross, despite adding only 19 theaters.The Sessions will need to have amazing PTA holds in order to stick around for the awards race. For such a hyped, praised film, a $9k OD PTA in 4 theaters is very underwhelming.

Edited by Jake Gittes