baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

I appreciate PA's for the reasons BKB does. They are simply old fashioned horror films with some new age tricks. Everything that is scary in these films are things that go bump in the night, and that sets you up for the really big scares at the end. It's brilliant imo.

I think PA movies have too many jump scares. I appreciate a good jump once in a while, but if you have one every three minutes it gets old imo.Horror movies dont need em to be scary, just see Halloween or BWP.

But the whole point of horror movies is to be scared. And PA's are kind of like Halloween. Halloween is one giant build up until they get to the babysitting and then all the stuff starts. Very little in terms of scares happens before Bob and Lynda get it on across the street.

I'm just hating again. But i think waiting for the next jump scare isnt necessarily atmosphere

But the build up is. Build up is not necessarily false jumps and cheap tricks. It's the knowledge that something is pending...something is happening. It can be things going missing, shadows, oddities, something. and that is what Halloween and PA's do so well.....imo.

Pfft, that's a liitle generous.

Depends which metric system you re using.And 100m for Argo is a lock with 120 in sight.The movie is going to be talked about during all award season until the end of february.WB may even delay the release of the DVD/Blu Ray/VOD. Edited by The Futurist