The Social Network

55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Social Network

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 times is a lot, but no amount is too much for The Social Network. I've seen it 10+ times. 

:lol: I saw magnolia 6 times last year alone. I don't understand how people can only watch their "favorite film" like 3 times. Also, this movie is great.

I may be happy enough with the first experience that I don't need to go back. But I think rewatchability separates your 'favorite' movies from what you perceive as 'great'. I adored everything that went into Requiem for a Dream, and I NEVER want to see that movie again. 

I may be happy enough with the first experience that I don't need to go back. But I think rewatchability separates your 'favorite' movies from what you perceive as 'great'. I adored everything that went into Requiem for a Dream, and I NEVER want to see that movie again. 

True, but films like Forrest Gump, magnolia, gladiator I never get tired of. JFK's one of those masterpiece favorites that I won't watch over and over.

I've never seen all of Titanic in one sitting. I've seen all of it a few times, but never from start to finish. I'm kind of afraid to. 

Don't. I did last year for the first time in forever and my respect for it seriously declined.

For two or three years now, I don't re-watch movies all that often because whenever I get free time, I prefer to spend it on something I haven't seen before. It was much different when I was in middle/high school, I still remember re-watching TDK like 10 times in weeks after buying the DVD. Since I've started attending the university, it's become rare for me to watch a single new movie more than once, so yeah, TSN is one of my favorites in those terms (2 times in theaters and 2 times on the Blu-ray). Pretty much the only movies I've consistently re-watched since late 2010 are the LOTR trilogy every New Year, and Chinatown at least twice a year. Most other movies I've seen two, maybe three times at the absolute most.

A couple days ago I was looking for a movie to watch... I ended up stepping over The Social Network and decided to give it a watch since I couldn't lose anything. Despite people calling it an awesome movie, I never really was interested in it.

Once more, I couldn't be more wrong. Let me start with the acting, which was simply awesome. I enjoyed every single part of the movie, and, after the acting, the score was amazing. I always said I hated The Social Network because Zimmer lost his Oscar for the Inception soundtrack, but this OST is far more better than the Inception one.

Returning to the acting. I was amazed to see Jesse Eisenberg put on such a solid performance, especially since I never saw him as a serious actor. I'm really looking forward to his movies. Also, Garfield put on a solid performance, too. I've never seen him in The Amazing Spider-Man or in any other movie, but this really made me appreciate him.

The editing was also very, very good. I loved how the scenes from the "In Motion" scene clicked so well together with the soundtrack and everything else.

I don't know any other way to tell you how much I loved this movie... What I noticed is that this movie appears to be a good movie only to cinephils. I had some friends watch it and they said it was incredibly boring, but the problem was they didn't have an eye for movies... So, please, whoever said that this movie sucked, please quit watching artistic movies and go back to Oogielovers.

fantastic character study, though it never felt transcendent to me. the rowing scene was wacky, awesome to watch by itself but was completely out of nowhere and felt horribly out of place. otherwise very good.

7/10

fantastic character study, though it never felt transcendent to me. the rowing scene was wacky, awesome to watch by itself but was completely out of nowhere and felt horribly out of place. otherwise very good.7/10

Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but every review score you give seems to be a 7...??
  • Like 4

Grade: B

Decent film but way, way over hyped. It's they type film where once you see it once, you're good. It has no rewatchability factor and the performances are as expected. Did not see any "breakthrough" jobs done here. Above average at best. 

Forgettable months after you see it. 

I don't even know what you mean by the 'In Motion' scene. 

See I saw it months ago, just now getting caught up on some grading. 

I remember a few scenes where the brothers row, the most memorable one is the one they lost but it's not some stunning piece of film work. 

I don't even know what you mean by the 'In Motion' scene. 

See I saw it months ago, just now getting caught up on some grading. 

I remember a few scenes where the brothers row, the most memorable one is the one they lost but it's not some stunning piece of film work. 

Why is that called "In Motion"? 

That was a cool scene, I'll grant that but it is one of the few ones. 

The soundtrack that plays during it is called 'In Motion' and I guess it kinda stuck with it.