The Social Network

55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Social Network

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A lot of cool scenes and dialogue, but ultimately feels a bit hollow. The feeling I got after the movie's abrupt ending was that there simply hasn't been enough time passed to create a fully satisfying portait of Zuckerberg. Is this movie going to mean a whole lot 10-20 years from now?

Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be an invaluable time capsule of the evolution of social media, but at the moment I just think it's a competently made film that lacks the emotional resonance to make it one of my favorites.

A-

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

I loved the music, especially during the rowing scene. What's that song called?

The song itself is a classical piece by Grieg called "In the Hall of Mountain King." However, I have no idea who is credited to the version in the movie. I agree, though, that the music in that scene was unbearably effective.As for this film, it's ultimately one of those movies that's not quite as good as some let on, but still really quite good. Still reeling from my hatred of Benjamin Button and the overrated Zodiac, I was quite skeptical of Fincher this time. However, he definitely earned the credit he received this time. The direction and cinematography are beyond amazing. The atmosphere of this film is surprisingly alluring and one can't help but get sucked in, whether or not you find the characters likable. Eisenberg is good, yes, but it's definitely Fincher who brings this film alive.

A restrained but undeniably powerful performance from Jesse, a mesmerizing script full of tremendous dialogue, seamless editing, and a great score make this one of the best films of 2010. THIS, ladies and gentlemen, was the film that should have won Best Picture. Not the forgettable King's Speech. Excellent work from Fincher.A

• Like 1

One of the greatest films of all time. An intoxicatingly entertaining movie with some of the snappiest and most intelligent dialogue I've ever heard, amazing performances (especially from the mesmerizing Jesse Eisenberg who deserved an Oscar), great cinematography, slick editing, a fucking fantastic score, a goosebump inducing final scene and overall masterful directing from David Fincher.The Social Network is about as close as you can get to cinematic perfection. It will go down as the best movie of its time.

10/10

• Like 3

To me this is still the best film of this young decade... and by the way things are going, I think it'll be an easy candidate for the Top 5 at the end of 2019. But regardless of what the future brings, I've seen TSN 4 times now and each time, it was as mesmerizing as a movie can be. Intelligent, powerful, witty, beautifully alive and filled with inspired directorial ideas at every turn. A perfect reminder of why I ever loved cinema in the first place.

• Like 1