Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

37 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The film's opening is a huge clue that something is about to go really wrong with the film when it starts with a song-and-dance number complete with Rockettes-style flappers (and 90% of their dancing takes place where no one in the audience can actually see) and then 5 minutes later Indy throws a flaming skewer into a guy's gut right after being poisoned, his friend dying in his arm, and being taunted by Fu Manchu.

In fairness, Indy was a cold blooded murderer in all three films - and, tellingly, not at all in the 4th - but I would agree that Temple is generally all over the place.

I liked the little chinese guy and his relationship with Indy and the dark tone of some scenes. Disliked the monotonous action scenes (wouldn't have bothered me if there were less of it) and the complete silliness of some scenes.

Unfortunately, the bad far overweight the good
40/100

Edited by Goffe

Is it possible, for someone who didn't grow up with these movies, to enjoy them? Idk

I didn't watch all the Indy movies all the way through until I was 15, in 2003 when the DVDs came out. I didn't grow up with them from childhood the same way I did with Star Wars or Back to the Future or Ghostbusters, but you bet I enjoyed them.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1