Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

37 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

War Horse was a really bad movie, and so was War of the Worlds. I also dont really care for Temple of Doom (man am I gonna get shit for that)

I agree with you about war horse but thats it

I got really bored with War Horse.  And Jack I agree with, I think less and less of Temple of Doom as time goes on.

For shame, all of you.  :rant:

In terms of bad Spielberg movies, nothing approaches the sheer vile terribleness of HOOK. God almighty, that's the apotheosis of wretchedness.

• Like 5

For shame, all of you.  :rant:

In terms of bad Spielberg movies, nothing approaches the sheer vile terribleness of HOOK. God almighty, that's the apotheosis of wretchedness.

At least Hook was entertaining and much less stick-up-its-ass pompous compared to War Horse ;)

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

Its sho came across as pompous to me. The kid, no wait, a grown-ass man, gushing over the horse with John Williams playing in the background made me want to throw up

So I take it you're not a horse person. :P Aside from HOOK, the worst Spielberg movies are bland and forgettable (ALWAYS, THE TERMINAL, etc), but HOOK is a malignant cancer, the definition of a bloated tentpole gone wrong. Almost every decision that went into making that film was the wrong one.

• Like 1

So I take it you're not a horse person. :P

No, its not that. I just never found the lead actor, who was way too old to play the character, or the bond between him and the horse believable, and the whole thing was just forcibly emotional, silly and sentimental even on Spielberg's standards.

Watched it again and I'm shocked at how good it really is.  Ford is in top shape and the whole film, for me, delivers.  The end with all the alien stuff is a little off but really, other than that, it's a pretty good Indiana Jones movie.

• Like 2

it is actually funny, the action is exciting, Blanchett's performance is mesmerizing and the visuals are drop dead gorgeous. The ending is emotional, even for a nonfan like me. They overdid with the CGI at the climax, though.

sorry folks

Indy 4 -65/100

Indy 1 +55/100

Indy 2 +45/100

Indy 3 -40/100

Edited by Goffe

it is actually funny, the action is exciting, Blanchett's performance is mesmerizing and the visuals are drop dead gorgeous. They overdid with the CGI at the climax though.

sorry folks

Indy 4 -65/100

Indy 1 +55/100

Indy 2 +45/100

Indy 3 -40/100

giphy.gif

I think the humor is what I dislike about the first 3 films, it just isn't funny, and Ford's charm and comedic timing can only get you so far. 

I can barely remember anything about the first one despite having watched it just a couple months ago; the second is more memorable, but the beginning is unwatchable with the annoyingly silly humor and hysterical Kate Capshaw; the third one drags forever, especially during the action sequence towards the end.