Previews 3.7

Fri 63

Sat 74

Sun 55  (wknd 196, $28M)

Mon 22.5 -59%

Tues 19 -15.6%

Wed 16 -15.8% (cume 254, $36.3M))

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Good news is its not tanking. So I would say 1.8x OW finish.

That would give low-$50s total. Half of T5's $105.

17 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

I've done some reading online and Better Days is still doing incredibly well at the box office.

It makes me wonder how far can it go. Can it make it into the Top 10 for highest grossing Films in China?

No. It made 440 RMB in the past 7 days. Even adding 3.5x that (via 22% weekly drops) would miss the top 10.   

This question did make me realize that as of late October, both My People, My County and The Captain passed F8, kicking it out of the top 10. The top 10 is now a full 50% 2019 films. Won't belong before you need 3B to enter.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I don’t think 2x is possible. Its probably losing 2/3 shows this Friday. So will drop big this weekend. Probably won’t gross much from week 3 onwards.

Maybe not with this one. But i was also talking in general

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Yes. Generally that is good range unless drops are so good that its gonna go higher(Venom) or there is holiday boost(Aquaman).Sadly nothing gonna prevent Dark Fate from meeting its end

I quite liked it. It did`ent deserve to crash this bad. But i do understand why though

3 hours ago, Xftg123 said:

I've done some reading online and Better Days is still doing incredibly well at the box office.

It makes me wonder how far can it go. Can it make it into the Top 10 for highest grossing Films in China?

Maoyan is forecasting 1.45b Yuan as final number. That would be enough to rank #9... of 2019. I do not know if there will be any other film from now until end of the year with potential to outgross it.

As @Thanos Legion has said, to enter in top 10 ever, a film will need to make 2.9-3b Yuan, what means about $415m-$430m.

Btw, after being ejected Furious 8, the top 10 only has 1 Hollywood film (Endgame). I have not been able to find other moment in last 10 years with 9 local films and just 1 HLW film in top 10.

40 minutes ago, peludo said:

Btw, after being ejected Furious 8, the top 10 only has 1 Hollywood film (Endgame). I have not been able to find other moment in last 10 years with 9 local films and just 1 HLW film in top 10.

Oh, good observation. Endgame will hang on there for a while, but I can honestly see it getting passed by 7 locals before any HW for an all local top 10. F9, F10, seem like no chance. Maybe Avatar 2 will be the main shot to delay all local top 10.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

I just went on Entgroup and saw that Dark Fate grossed $4.5 million on Thursday after a $2.2 million Wednesday is that right?

Someone said they expected a 1.8x multiplier which would have it finishing at $51 million but if it's at $41.5 million going into the second weekend....what does that mean for it?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scabab said:

I just went on Entgroup and saw that Dark Fate grossed $4.5 million on Thursday after a $2.2 million Wednesday is that right?

Someone said they expected a 1.8x multiplier which would have it finishing at $51 million but if it's at $41.5 million going into the second weekend....what does that mean for it?

Seems like a mistake, from Maoyan Thursday would be <$2m.  

Shows for Friday slashed by a bit more than 60% looks like. Unless all the new stuff really tanks the weekend drop may be 70%ish. 

• Like 1