A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

What kind of weekend number is Dark Fate looking at?

Something like 21,5-22,5 and 36-38 mill total

If there EVER was need for a WWW thread its with this one

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah I think it still doesn't beat out Dark Phoenix. That was an epic bomb.

For other reason then Phoenix cost around 10 to 20 Million more then Fate did.

But that is not comfort Paramount stockholders much.

6 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

If one of his films ever get released.

Could be post mortem

33 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Avatar 2 and Brexit. It's 2030 and we're still waiting

After his demise Disney, which by then will be owning all franchises ever, will release TERMINAVATAR : an Avatar-Terminator crossover. The world premier will be held in the nation of Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Multiple people worked on the script. You can only claim that Cameron has lost his Mojo when one of his films disappoints.

Yeah but Cameron recently did an interview where he says he was very involved in the script writing and then the editing which he believes is an extension of writing.  

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/10/james-cameron-terminator-dark-fate-editing-creative-differences-1202186192/

The movie transformed in the editing room as Cameron worked with Miller and producer David Ellison “to find the best film that could emerge from” the rough cut.

“It wasn’t a slam-dunk at the time,” Cameron said of the rough cut. “I felt there were a lot of pathways that were taken that were unnecessary. I’m an editor myself, so I gave notes that were both broad, and very specific. I continued in that process up to about two and a half months ago when we locked picture…I never went to the set. I’ve yet to physically meet the new cast because I never went to the set. But I was very involved in the writing and I was very involved in the cutting of the film. And to me, the cutting is really an extension of the writing.”