A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Could anyone tell me if Godzilla is a shitty movie like everyone is talking about?

I would say mixed. some folks have loved it and others not so much. I am in the others category. Found it to be mostly very boring with mediocre acting. ATJ is to me the worst lead actor for a major blockbuster movie in a long time. But there are cool scenes with Godzilla for sure. 

Friday estEOT 43M including 1.46M MidnightsDOFP 12.4M 625M hardly a drop from Thursday

Good opening by EOT. It should do 140m for the weekend. Solid hold by DOFP. Weekend should be 50m.So it will be pretty interesting to see which one wins the week. Edited by Fake

Could anyone tell me if Godzilla is a shitty movie like everyone is talking about?

Where the hell did you read that? :D It's definitely gotten good acclaim, it's just one more example of a movie where the naysayers are far more vocal than those who liked or loved it, and frankly, it's just getting tedious after a while.

It has incredible direction by Edwards, top notch VFX, top notch action & set pieces, a great atmosphere & tension, Godzilla is finally done justice imo (the original 1954 is okay imo, it's just super cheesy and I've just never been a fan of men in suits as monsters, unless you're nostalgic, it just looks ridiculous to me),

The MUTOS are great & well handled, not enough Godzilla for some, I think the approach to revealing him is smart & fresh, old school, the score is excellent, the acting is fine really, Cranston is excellent but could be in the movie longer, ATJ has a generic stock character role just like every other person in the movie, he's the grounded, soldier guy you're supposed to be rooting for (and I did, but I'm an ATJ fan), that you can identify with, he provides this human perspective, and he has to be reunited with his family, it's nothing earth shattering but at least, Borenstein & Edwards made an effort to find a story that works, even if it's really about Godzilla & the MUTOS in the end. 

Pretty good number..Lets hope for a 40-45 mill OD

Yeah that should be the range. With that it should get around 200m Fri-Thurs week. And if it does, 300m is locked.

More like 30-35M OD.

Late shows are really strong, I can't rule out a 40m OD.DOFP will drop from yesterday.

;) ;)

Godzilla is a victim of its own successful marketing. Had the marketing been worse (or rather, more truthful), then the vocal naysayers would not be so...err...vocal. As is, the final product is HORRID compared to what it promised to deliver.

How is DOFP comparing to Cap2 at the moment?

On par i would say. They should gross around the same in the end. If i should pick a winner it would be DOFP but its going to be really close i think