A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

3 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Nice sunday hold sw7.

The weekend hold is good at -60% considering weather an KFP3 previews.

Looking to hold 50% mon w/o/w . WOM can't be too bad or this would be dropping 70%+ or even 80+ this late in the run. This could be a sign that bodes well for SW8

KFP3 pre-sales at 5.6m. Less than half of sw7 at 4 days out. It's a Friday open instead of Saturday and considered a local film, the purchase pattern may be different, but that is still low.

Should start picking up today

From 4 days out. SW7 ramped up from 14m to 73m . Mostly in the last 36 hours.

OW:$54M(2 days)

Second weekend $20m

Third Weekend:$8m

An without great competition.

Yes WOM is amazing...

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

OW:$54M(2 days)

Second weekend $20m

Third Weekend:$8m

An without great competition.

Yes WOM is amazing...

Look, no need to be a pain ass.

What part do you not understand that shit WOM that has been stated in this forum procures 70, 80 or 90% drops especially in the third weekend. It lost screens during the busiest part of a cold weekend, had some competition  and held 60%

Where did I write amazing? 

Amazing is 40% drops JW

Very good 50%    AM

Average is 60%  AOU

Poor 70% specter

Shit  is 80%+ Tomorrowland

You get what I'm saying

The numbers are not saying poor or shit WOM.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Wow, the Raid2's numbers are actually quite pathetic for a wide release(more than 600 theaters), I think Ip Man 3 will easily surpass that 2 million USD in North America with 1/9 of those screens!

The Raid 1 had a fair bit of buzz/interest in it leading up to its release in the US. The Raid 2 had virtually no hype or buzz behind it when it released. I watched both movies at the same theater on opening weekend... There were maybe 5-6 people in the theater for The Raid, but only myself and father for The Raid 2. Which is a shame, because both movies are fantastic.

Comparatively, the closest theater for Ip Man 3 is over 250km away. I hope they expand it next week so I can see it and contribute to it at theaters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Nice sunday hold sw7.

The weekend hold is good at -60% considering weather an KFP3 previews.

Looking to hold 50% mon w/o/w . WOM can't be too bad or this would be dropping 70%+ or even 80+ this late in the run. This could be a sign that bodes well for SW8

I am also surprised that it remained at 7.3 on douban. Yeah this is a good sign for SW8.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Look, no need to be a pain ass.

What part do you not understand that shit WOM that has been stated in this forum procures 70, 80 or 90% drops especially in the third weekend. It lost screens during the busiest part of a cold weekend, had some competition  and held 60%

Where did I write amazing? 

Amazing is 40% drops JW

Very good 50%    AM

Average is 60%  AOU

Poor 70% specter

Shit  is 80%+ Tomorrowland

You get what I'm saying

The numbers are not saying poor or shit WOM.

He was just cracking a joke at TFA's expense. I believe there's a line "no need to get your....." 

6 hours ago, terrestrial said:

If you mean me:

not about a special movie, about IMHO not making much sense to conclude BO details of/for OS countries out of US inflation rates and to do a discussion about that IMHO better in the ER thread at International and not at/in China's thread

Hey, off topic but great job posting updates/tweets. You are a machine!!!

• Like 1

even AoU faces the competition of Stand by me in 3rd weekend.Tommorrowland is so poor,dinosaur and earthquake both eats it up.MJ2,Martian and Spectre in three weeks kill each other.TFA is very lucky.20 days empty competition is extremely well running window.WOM is just so so.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

Presales for KFP3 not looking record-breaking movie, we may over predicted it big time!

500M OW, 1500M total?

Star Wars 7 MADE 9.3m on Monday, total stands at 761M, 800M still possible, but may very well stuck at 790M

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Presales for KFP3 not looking record-breaking movie, we may over predicted it big time!

500M OW, 1500M total?

Star Wars 7 MADE 9.3m on Monday, total stands at 761M, 800M still possible, but may very well stuck at 790M

Wait...

Without  previews the presales would be much more.

33 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

500M OW, 1500M total?

How on earth will KFP3 have 3x multi for its 3 day OW with having just 10 days of open run. I think 2x would be more likely.

13 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Monday:

1.TFA-9.1m yuan

2.BB3-8m

3.The Walk-7.95m

4.Last Wich Hunter-5.9m

Monday Estimates

Star Wars TFA: 9.3M/761M

Boonie Bears III: 8.3M/225M

The Walk: 8.1M/52.4M

Last Witch Hunter: 6.05M/133M

Detective Chinatown: 5.25M/783M