A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

The Pre-sales for Sunday 

The Great Wall 24.02M (-24%)
The Wasted Times 3.78M (-22%)
Hacksaw Ridge 3.56M (+9.8%)
Your Name 1.63M (-3.4%)

Moana 1.16M  (+45%)

TGW has a 1/4 drop here and is looking forward to a 460M/$67M OW. Not good for TWT, it loses showtimes because of its terrible run and mixed WOM. HR has the highest attendance ratio per screen on Saturday hence it gets more showtimes today. (16.9k/Fri. - 19.8k/Sat. - 22.6k/Sun), since the pre-sale is even more than yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it has a slight increase today.  

• Like 3

TGW won't lose showtimes quickly, it GA WOM is decent..

While the TWT will die down quickly, movie is so confusing for GA...

Jackie Chan new movie is not as big as we expect,maybe only 400-500M big.

See you Tomorrow presales are very good, but I think it's fudged by discount tickets.

TGW will have 25%+ showtimes on next Friday, and that's more than enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

This is Wanda's most ambitious project and they own a lot of theaters in China. They will lose so much face if the movie doesn't do good in China.

So let's just say we all know Wanda is going to do everything to make the movie look like a success.. 

Nah, even if Wanda is gonna go hellbent on bumping up the numbers, the product is just too broken beyond saving. The Chinese are now crapping on the director Zhang Yimou just like the US was trashing Zack Snyder for BvS. So you can understand how brutal the remarks are. The Great Wall won't take off in its hometown and it will only sink like a rock in US.  

3 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Nah, even if Wanda is gonna go hellbent on bumping up the numbers, the product is just too broken beyond saving. The Chinese are now crapping on the director Zhang Yimou just like the US was trashing Zack Snyder for BvS. So you can understand how brutal the remarks are. The Great Wall won't take off in its hometown and it will only sink like a rock in US.  

That's why I said "to make the movie LOOK like a success". It will seem that way to the uninformed. After all, seeing a movie make more than $130 million in a territory seems impressive. 

Zhang Yimou's reputation is taking a huge dive with this movie. A lot are comparing it to how Chen Kaige (director of the forever amazing Farewell My Concubine) also tried to make an English-language film and ruined his name.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Will it be bigger than 2016. This year hit 700m yuan right.

646.5M

Mermaid 272M

Macau 3 176.2m

TMK2   166.5M

KFP3 19.5M

But Next year, out side of JTTW2, 4-5 movies are about same level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olive said:

646.5M

Mermaid 272M

Macau 3 176.2m

TMK2   166.5M

KFP3 19.5M

But Next year, out side of JTTW2, 4-5 movies are about same level.

What are your predictions for CNY? Wang Baoqiang's movie is also premiering then and there's a lot of sympathy for him because of what happened with his wife so it might do well.

42 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

What are your predictions for CNY? Wang Baoqiang's movie is also premiering then and there's a lot of sympathy for him because of what happened with his wife so it might do well.

750M+ maybe?

Baoqiang's new movie may make 1B + total ,but it looks like shit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Olive said:

750M+ maybe?

Baoqiang's new movie may make 1B + total ,but it looks like shit.

Oh I meant the total of each of the major movies. B.O. is slowing down so there'll probably be little growth from last year's CNY, no? There definitely will not be another Mermaid.

Just now, Polaroids said:

Oh I meant the total of each of the major movies. B.O. is slowing down so there'll probably be little growth from last year's CNY, no? There definitely will not be another Mermaid.

750M is the total daily of CNY.

Ok boys, lets here them Avatar 2 predictions.

Jan 2019, probably will given extra time in cinema due to Cameron's relations with the China and Climate Change.

I'm thinking $700m is the lowest it can go, unless the yuan crashes. So about 4.8b yuan.

Edited by IronJimbo