A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

21 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I’m hoping then 150 mil at least for Pacific Rim.

I doubt it. I looks horrible. In China that means OW*horrible legs.. Most likely 1.5 multiplier..

I doubt it opens to 100 mill

52 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I doubt it. I looks horrible. In China that means OW*horrible legs.. Most likely 1.5 multiplier..

I doubt it opens to 100 mill

Wait. You assume PR2 will be horrible because it looks that way? Jesus Christ...So many really want this to suck and flop, eh.....just so we won’t see a third one happen, lol. Like really wanting this franchise to die like it never should have happened. And i know you guys are more likely to hate the movie with a passion when it arrives. :kitschjob:

And if you’re right....(although i hope not)....then people may have been desperately right. 😢

I know the haters are ready when it comes out next month.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Wait. You assume PR2 will be horrible because it looks that way? Jesus Christ...So many really want this to suck and flop, eh.....just so we won’t see a third one happen, lol. Like really wanting this franchise to die like it never should have happened. And i know you guys are more likely to hate the movie with a passion when it arrives. :kitschjob:

And if you’re right....(although i hope not)....then people may have been desperately right. 😢

I know the haters are ready when it comes out next month.

Yes. Its an assumption on my part.. Buuuuuut im pretty sure i`m right..

It looks horrible. It will do 1/2 of the first DOM. RT will be very low and WOM mixed at best. OS still could be good though. But im pretty confident that a 1,5-1,75 multiplier is in the cards at best in China

Edited by fmpro

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

Yes. Its an assumption on my part.. Buuuuuut im pretty sure i`m right..

It looks horrible. It will do 1/2 of the first DOM. RT will be very low and WOM mixed at best. OS still could be good though. But im pretty confident that a 1,5-1,75 multiplier is in the cards at best in China

”It looks horrible because it will be horrible.” You really want to be right on this? Want this to fail so much.....So you can be even more right next time.

Why is everyone against the movie like they know it will suck bigtime? 

It’s one month away....and ya act like it won’t be surprising in a good way at all? Why the hate for this film before it even comes out? :bourne:

It’s not just the buzz....but the assumption that it will be slaughtered quality-wise...might sadly be true for some.

Call me crazy or desperate....but i think know now why people want this to blow that badly. Apathy, much? :kitschjob:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, firedeep said:

Am I the only one who thinks PR2 might decrease from the first one. This sequel looks terrible.

Well, that’s because the assumption from folks here will believe that it (correction) will be terrible.

And that’s the keyword: ”Will be”.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 hour ago, firedeep said:

Am I the only one who thinks PR2 might decrease from the first one. This sequel looks terrible.

I agree that Pacific Rim 2 looks really awful especially the CGI…

Spoiler

but sometimes Chinese audience loved awful movie like Geostorm:hahaha:

1 hour ago, kswiston said:

What were the totals (as of today) for last week's openers?

According Maoyan (ER 6.33):

Detective Chinatown 2: $415.9m ($79.8m 2nd weekend)

Operation Red Sea: $333.1m ($106.5m 2nd weekend)

Monster Hunt 2: $317.6m

Monkey King 3: $106.8m

Boonie Bears: $83.8m

The cume of those 5 films is $1.257b

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

Who would have expected... Operation Red Sea - High Chance of becoming CNY box office champ.

Best military movie from China. Honestly.

Who would have though, Chinese New Year is regarded as a time of Joy.. Fun.. and where Comedies or action fantasy with funny elements will triump, due to suitability for all ages. But ORS is showing that quality triumps.

Detective Chinatown 2 is solid as well. Unknown IP back in 2015... rode a wave of good WoM for the first film, and the 2nd film is exploding.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Who would have expected... Operation Red Sea - High Chance of becoming CNY box office champ.

Best military movie from China. Honestly.

Who would have though, Chinese New Year is regarded as a time of Joy.. Fun.. and where Comedies or action fantasy with funny elements will triump, due to suitability for all ages. But ORS is showing that quality triumps.

Detective Chinatown 2 is solid as well. Unknown IP back in 2015... rode a wave of good WoM for the first film, and the 2nd film is exploding.

And the crash of Monster Hunt 2....

every slot unfolds unexpectedly