A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

19 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I am interested in seeing what Venom 2 does in China. By the time it releases there, a HD copy will be on the internet. Hence, Sony might opt for spiderman to be released there in December. Day & date.

Probably meh run. I mean it is already 5.4/10 on Douban. 

22 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

It hasn't released there, so how come the rating is so poor? Did the chinese movie going public fly over to nearby countries and watch it?

some users are from overseas. Recent leaked HDTS version has given some users a chance to watch it before opening.

(I'm not even sure if I would download the movie when its blu-ray version leak.)

NWH Long-range Forecast:

Box Office Projections : $350M /¥2240M - $400M /¥2560M

Full Potential : $500M /¥3200M

Important Factors deciding it's projection:

1. Unlike F9, whose reviews were dumb, NWH will project more-like/ equivalent to $200M /¥1280M on it's OW.

2. First Audience Reaction will decide it's WOM, so it will be $300M /¥1920M by the end of second weekend

3. Dragging more by end of 3rd-4th-5th Weekend, it will be over $400M /¥2560M -$500M /¥3200M. (That $500M /¥3200M is slightly too much but there might be a possibility)

4. If negative WOM flows, then we all are probably ending at $350M /¥2240M

Some Other Facts:

Previous Film FFH made $199M so 2x it's hype : $400M /¥2560M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Strangely, the "want to see" index for NWH on Maoyan is pretty low compared to other films that have gone on to gross huge numbers. Like, it's less than 1/3 of Venom 2 right now despite being 5 weeks from premiering and a trailer already being out. Granted, this is just a single indicator of hype in China. 

• Sad 2

Hypes are currently low in Maoyan because Sony are not confirming the theory that confirm casting of Tobey &Andrew, although writers &trailer confirmed that it's a film of multiverse. Moreover, one of the big issue, is it's release date 🥲. And unless their is an clear &confirmed castline, I doubt their will be hardly any line of forecast. (Something, that I mentioned back in Japan Box Office forum)

Moreover, Sony can not trick audience with false rumour. Atleast, they need to be true /clarify those leaks. Every day, new back stage photos get viral, breaking down my Twitter/ Weibo account. Later on, fact checker, claim heavy hardcore photoshopped, disappointing audiences 😞.

One important thing, is that, Kevin comments not to expect much, as some theory might be true &some may not be.

Other factors are it's pro-Venom Country, international media/ press hates Venom a lot but there is always a group of countries where fanbase intensity is more than North America. Likewise it might be opposite for NWH if everything is broken 💔

Some things that is heavily tensing me:

1. If Tobey &Andrew are not the part of the film.

2. Delayed Release to Jan 2022

3. When will they drop the trailer? (First one was just a teaser, that broke the internet)

4. Disappointing audiences due to point 1

5. Negative WOM &review bombing due to point 1. 

At the end, it will be finished at $250M at maximum 😰

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Strangely, the "want to see" index for NWH on Maoyan is pretty low compared to other films that have gone on to gross huge numbers. Like, it's less than 1/3 of Venom 2 right now despite being 5 weeks from premiering and a trailer already being out. Granted, this is just a single indicator of hype in China. 

There is one big difference between the two : one is already released in North America &other is 5 weeks away.

As mentioned back that, HD version (pirated) is out in every illegal site. Some genuine users will watch the film in screen after all immediate spoilers /scenes are already available in the internet (it's more than a month in Release). Other than that it's a Venom Pro Country (Gross are higher than North America)

For Comparison (at the point of time)

At Maoyan:

NWH : 164K awaiting

Venom : 552K awaiting

Unless there's a clear line of casting &more detailing trailer, talking about the hype will be unbenifiting

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

Venom > Spider-man :Venom:

• Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

57 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Afternoon Interval (14:10 CST)

1. Anita : ¥5.15M /¥6M 🆕

2. Be Somebody : ¥5.1M /$17.1M (D2)

3. TBALC : ¥2.5M /¥5616.5M

4. NTTD : ¥2.1M /¥344.7M

5. Jungle Cruise : ¥1.2M 🆕

Jungle cruise tanking. Impact of piracy.