A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

48 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

I keep on reading how A2 crossed $200M in China but why BOM reports roughly $188M?

Proably not ready to update. Should be over 210M I figure by now... Updates will be here soon. ;)

No Worries.. Looking like we could get get to 2.4-2.5B WW or better depending on that Extension Brother Roark and if the domestic ends up in the 740-800M range

1 minute ago, teard1972 said:

well, based on Maoyan, Avatartwo has grossed about 1.39B RMB, so it seems to indeed cross $200M. need our resident China BO experts to confirm.  

Think the extension will help A2 to creep over 300M in china. Shows  Cameron  and their team relationship with the brass in China is no joke :)

2 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

I keep on reading how A2 crossed $200M in China but why BOM reports roughly $188M?

From my experience I know that almost every BOM numbers involving China, Japan and India is incorrect, and in all cases it's always a downward error. Think for example that they still have Demon Slayer at 450M while it has passed the 500M two years ago for basically everyone...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

is it still just 2 showtimes total across the whole country or has that changed?

Can't really believe it's 2 showtimes per day across the whole country. Because that would basically be nothing. That wouldn't even be news worthy ("Avatar gets extension!!!"). It doesn't make sense.

Maybe i misunderstood? What are we really talking about here? 2 shows per theater a day, or 2 shows per district a day?

Edited by Elessar