A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Seriously, Antman 3 will decide everything if Chinese Audience are really into future Marvel Films or not.

Antman was never that big in China so to use it to gauge Marvel interest in China is a bit unfair tbh. Besides this movie is likely going to be boycotted by a lot of Chinese people due to the latest China-US tensions. 

If Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3 fails to generate significant amount of interest in China then yeah I guess we can safely say that Marvel’s time is up.

2 minutes ago, Clear Sky Master said:

Antman was never that big in China so to use it to gauge Marvel interest in China is a bit unfair tbh. Besides this movie is likely going to be boycotted by a lot of Chinese people due to the latest China-US tensions. 

If Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3 fails to generate significant amount of interest in China then yeah I guess we can safely say that Marvel’s time is up.

havent antman movies grossed more than gotg movies in china 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Clear Sky Master said:

GOTG2 made $100M in China, AM2 made $121M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Clear Sky Master said:

Ant-Man 2 grossed more than GOTG2 in China lmao

Edited by Factcheck

54 minutes ago, dobrevv said:

havent antman movies grossed more than gotg movies in china 

47 minutes ago, XXR You Ok Annie said:

GOTG2 made $100M in China, AM2 made $121M.

22 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Ant-Man 2 grossed more than GOTG2 in China lmao

oh my bad. For some reason I always thought Guardians of the galaxy series was more popular than Antman in China.

Ant-Man 3 won´t get hurt by WF having bad WOM. The audiences knows that that´s two different franchises. WF is a slow, somber movie that most people think is a step down from the first one. So that´s not surprising. It lines up with the response from Asia.  If Ant-Man 3 has good wom then it should do at least some business. But I really think the MCU need to rebuild in China again. There hasn´t been a movie for 3 years there. Why would anyone outside of hardcore fans care? Ant-Man 3 needs to deliver hard.

WTS for Ant-Man 3 is solid, but the same could be said for WF...

Edited by thajdikt

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I am checking Douban ratings for the first time and I find it bit surprising that NWH's rating is only 6.6 on Douban.  It's rating is also much lower than Far From Home (7.6) and Homecoming (7.3)

I think it may be because most of the voters watched the pirated movie in bad video and audio quality and without the immersion of watching it in theaters...

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Factcheck said:

Who gave them the idea of releasing WF in China? That person is definitely not a well-wisher of MCU

You know why it got released. It did terrible OS, not even 400M so they needed C to push it over that mark. Shuri experiment is over. It was never going to work and now they have a proof. Poeple want real BP.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

NWH plot was a mess, it got carried in reception most countries because of raimi nostalgia 

my man

NWH is a film where one half exists only to get to the second one without any regard to whether what the characters do makes any sense

to be fair, it is a pretty good second half

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Valonqar said:

You know why it got released. It did terrible OS, not even 400M so they needed C to push it over that mark. Shuri experiment is over. It was never going to work and now they have a proof. Poeple want real BP.

If Shuri experiment is over, then what would they do? kill her in KD or Secret Wars? Turn kid T'Challa into an adult through time travel, a 15-year+ time jump, or some magic?

Edited by Factcheck

4 hours ago, Factcheck said:

If Shuri experiment is over, then what would they do? kill her in KD or Secret Wars? Turn kid T'Challa into an adult through time travel, a 15-year+ time jump, or some magic?

If they want to remain on Shuri they should try giving her short hair and rock hard abs, in that case they'll at least have my interest... 

Nah I was joking, I wouldn't watch the third movie even for free

Edited by MG10