A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

4 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

So that is the 4th opener I assume at 4.7m. Pre-sales have not been growing like the other 3. That may only be 20-30m

It's pre-sales are half of its show percentage and is losing show percentage rapidly.

KFP3 is doing worse than Nian relative to the screenings. Even Guo Nian Hao is doing better on CNY despite having fewer screenings.

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor's Wig said:

How is KFP3 going Chinese New Year in China going to affect its run in countries prone to piracy?  Seems like a disjointed gambit, or is it because Fox wanted to preserve CNY slot to its own Deadpool and/or Alvin?  and ODW couldn't care less for these pictures?  KFP3 just feels like the perfect CNY vehicle to sweep families off their feet specially where Chinese New Year is observed.

Exactly, it should have day and date release worldwide on CNY, Chinese Audiences in many regions will go to the cinema and catch it. 

That was why when DWA signed with Fox to distribute...I knew Fox was trouble, they never really had a film do exceptionally well with Fox distributing. I knew Fox will prioritize their own productions like Deadpool(near CNY weekend worldwide), and they gonna match KFP3 with Zootopia in some regions, against BvS in some and against piracy in others. =.=

• Like 1

KPF3 gonna be flat today at 45m and pre-sales indicating close to flat tomorrow.  Sunday maybe down less than 50% though. 

Monday pre-sales at 1.5m, screens at 3.7%. I think 30m is the baseline for now and we should see that rise as PS and screens roll in.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

KPF3 gonna be flat today at 45m and pre-sales indicating close to flat tomorrow.  Sunday maybe down less than 50% though. 

Monday pre-sales at 1.5m, screens at 3.7%. I think 30m is the baseline for now and we should see that rise as PS and screens roll in.

based on last saturday another 36k screenings are left to be alloted. Based on last 20k screens KFP3 is adding at 10% now. So I am thinking 5% of shows. I still dont see it having 5% of gross. considering high pre-sales, multi(from pre-sales) for monday will be weaker than a weekday. I am still thinking 18-20m for now based on 600m gross. if its 500m gross it will do 15-16m.

41 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

based on last saturday another 36k screenings are left to be alloted. Based on last 20k screens KFP3 is adding at 10% now. So I am thinking 5% of shows. I still dont see it having 5% of gross. considering high pre-sales, multi(from pre-sales) for monday will be weaker than a weekday. I am still thinking 18-20m for now based on 600m gross. if its 500m gross it will do 15-16m.

I thought it was based on showtimes not screens. They will have more times crammed in if that is the case. 

I think your looking at it the wrong way. Just look at its own pre-sales and do the math. On sunday it should triple to quad up the pre-sales stated sat evening. It went up 700k today to 1.6m. It should increase by more than that tomorrow to 2.5-3m maybe. Then 3 or 4x that on Sunday.  Then 4x that number for a total. The multipliers may deviate a bit since it's a massive holiday, but all signs are pointing to 30m +

Wanna bet?

O/U 35m.  1 month premium account by way of 10 gift card donation

Edited by No Prisoners

So TFA should cross $125 million total in China, which is (despite everyone expecting at least slightly more) still a very good number for what's basically the first movie from the franchise ever to release there. (I know prequels were released in China, but those numbers are completely irrelevant for today's standards). Marvel's had many more movies released there throughout the past several years (when the market was much bigger than in '99-'05) and yet only one of their movies (AOU) outgrossed TFA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fake said:

No increase? Fuck!!

Rest of the BO  was flat too. Was in line

Presales dead flat to last night. Another 45m day ahead. I think Sunday  will be above 25m.

Yale sure many theaters are closed early sunday? Looks like day out pre-sales for all movies are in line with Saturday at a day out. Looks like there are midnight for the big 3 too.

Edited by No Prisoners

8 hours ago, TommyA10 said:

So TFA should cross $125 million total in China, which is (despite everyone expecting at least slightly more) still a very good number for what's basically the first movie from the franchise ever to release there. (I know prequels were released in China, but those numbers are completely irrelevant for today's standards). Marvel's had many more movies released there throughout the past several years (when the market was much bigger than in '99-'05) and yet only one of their movies (AOU) outgrossed TFA

Certainly bodes well for SW8.

12 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

I thought it was based on showtimes not screens. They will have more times crammed in if that is the case. 

I think your looking at it the wrong way. Just look at its own pre-sales and do the math. On sunday it should triple to quad up the pre-sales stated sat evening. It went up 700k today to 1.6m. It should increase by more than that tomorrow to 2.5-3m maybe. Then 3 or 4x that on Sunday.  Then 4x that number for a total. The multipliers may deviate a bit since it's a massive holiday, but all signs are pointing to 30m +

Wanna bet?

O/U 35m.  1 month premium account by way of 10 gift card donation

I meant showtimes when I said screenings. There are only so many shows they can have. On Sunday the multi will be lower bcos theaters close early. Did someone say it closes by afternoon. So double the pre-sales will be more reasonable. Based on last years BO I saw 70%+ drops for every movie compared to previous day(both weekdays). This being a sunday could be slightly better but dont know how it can be < 60%.

Monday also multi will be lower bcos pre-sales will be higher than normal bcos of it being a peak BO day. Dont know what to project now. Plus with movies having lower shows I dont know how much it can increase.

On the bet I dont care about premium account. May be name change or something is ok. I am sure its under 35m.