A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I disagree.China is not a small market now, it is not 5 years ago. for year 2012, it is second biggest box office market in the world, only behind NA.Not to mention, Spiderman 3 had break OW record back in 2007.Batman and Robin was released here in 1998 and that crap even got in the yearly top 10 for foreign movies. Apparantly, TDKR wont make that. TDKR is making much less than IA4, and very likely Journey 2. Any market that TDKR less than Journey 2 ? So I say it is bombing here.

But those are superficial milestones. Like you said, China has changed now, so by expecting it to break records that other films in the same universe also broke is unrealistic.

I disagree.China is not a small market now, it is not 5 years ago. for year 2012, it is second biggest box office market in the world, only behind NA.Not to mention, Spiderman 3 had break OW record back in 2007.Batman and Robin was released here in 1998 and that crap even got in the yearly top 10 for foreign movies. Apparantly, TDKR wont make that. TDKR is making much less than IA4, and very likely Journey 2. Any market that TDKR less than Journey 2 ? So I say it is bombing here.

In Russia TDKR is also under Journey2, it has still a small chance to overtake it.