A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

13 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah. They should have allowed other vaccines. Their strategy was successful when COVID was at peak everywhere but zero COVID strategy isn't going to help anymore. It's very surprising that china's vaccine policy fell behind. India also has similar population like china but the situation is exact opposite and it has been opened very early. 

National pride is what's holding them back right now. I get that China wants to be seen as strong to the world, but I don't understand why this is the hill to do battle on right now.

21 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

National pride is what's holding them back right now. I get that China wants to be seen as strong to the world, but I don't understand why this is the hill to do battle on right now.

Yeah. Excessive nationalism is never good. It's unfortunate that just because of some few people others have to suffer. Chinese people deserve better.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

Whatever what happens in the future,I can proudly say that people is winning, the Government react positive to the people’s need this time ,we sit down ,face to face in the table and talk about the properly way to solve the problem ,the government hear what people’s concerned and we start to understand the government ,we talk it this time in heart,and all these achievement is without any bleeding event,everyone is safe ,and the movie market will gradually go back,I can’t see anything better than this now,I’m so happy to see that

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

I mean, it's highly possible to go in a theater and still be safe, there's no need at all of close them. 

I use those N95 masks to go the movies and i never get sick after seeing a movie, even with huge crowds. 

Finally it seems they're understanding it and letting people make their decisions.

3 hours ago, The GOAT said:

I think it's probable that Avatar 2 gets at least another month, and has a reasonable amount of showing throughout Chinese NY:

* This CNY's slate is probably not packed, we are not even 100% sure if Wandering Earth 2 is staying there

* China Film Group's interest in promoting CINITY theatres is heavily tied into A2, they probably would want to it to play for a long time.

* It almost feels like Cameron films have a tendency to avoids the worst scenarios, even in a tough situation, somehow things always turn out beneficial for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

https://www.maoyan.com/films/78461

MtYsYJg.png

we did it reddit!

how many days before lifoff did endgame reach 1 million?

16 hours ago, Bruce said:

Want to see data break 1m before 14 days and will soon crush Avengers Infininty War(1.14m) total ‘want to see’,let’s see if it will challange Endgame 1.84m record

Seems like endgame broke a million with 19 days to go, you think avatar can still catch up? 

8 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Seems like endgame broke a million with 19 days to go, you think avatar can still catch up? 

probably can’t but recent day Avatar wan to see data break fast with one day plus 60000 ‘want to see’ because of loose of zero-covid policy,so it’s still have chance

4 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Probably not. It'll gain traction until tickets go on sale then slow down. Probably gets up to 1.3-1.4M.

still pretty amazing that avatar 2 is competitive with endgame on a pre-release interest metric

what could have been

oh well, at least avatar 3 might break a record

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

59 minutes ago, Bruce said:

They depends on other market performence but they never realize OP release with 60% cinema still close

Exactly there's a lot going on in China right now.

Seems silly to say hey this should be doing better, who CARES about all the context of the situation going on right now.

• Like 1