A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

10 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Semi-good news. 40% drop is great, since China doesn’t celebrate Christmas

Nice brother Jimi..Think A2 can rally back and get to 300m or better or is it still unstable? I know restrictions make it almost a risky venture to go to a viewing right now. Yikes. 

Feel bad.for all our brothers.and sisters in this situation in china. This was the place I was hoping could produce at least 800m or all by itself for the return to Pandora and alot of smiles in China. But it was not meant to be on this run..Maybe for A3's though, we will see what this brand can do in better conditions.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

17 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah I mean it’s a whole trend. My point is that we are way under $50m WW daily already.

It is not a “whole” trend and without Snowmageddon it would’ve had a better hold in NA…

Edited by Mr Roark

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What the fuck

is the whole country going to be infected in the span of a month...?

I think the speed will slow down in the future…but,who knows,we choose to loose the policy,this is probably the hardest time but we must move on

PS:My mom and dad both getting covid now but seems they recovered soon

Edited by Bruce

And I think about another terrible thing,before China give up 0-covid policy there are “only” 600m people getting the COVID around the globe,but right now seems the people which getting covid in China will more than the people getting covid in other 200+ countries combined….

Edited by Bruce

6 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What the fuck

is the whole country going to be infected in the span of a month...?

Possibly because there's no herd immunity so most of the people weren't infected initially and spread of the virus is faster

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

And I think about another terrible thing,before China give up 0-covid policy there are “only” 600m people getting the COVID around the globe,but right now seems the people which getting covid in China will more than the people getting covid in other 200+ countries combined….

600m is only a paper number. I think you need to multiply the number by at least 5 times to get more accurate picture. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Yes as I had mentioned previously in my posts china should have adopted different strategies rather than zero covid strategy ,which limited and isolated the spread of virus. That resulted in no herd immunity and lot of people weren't infected therefore no natural immunity being created .

Edited by Nero
  • Like 2

Maybe is not speaking anything,just for my personal experience,I am not live in China right bow but I have connect with my friend and Parents

My 5 closed friend ,4 of them getting COVID,another afraid this virus and keep him in the room day by day

Both my Parents getting COVID,but they recovered yesterday

My math teacher getting it

My grandparents is safe right now,but that’s just because they never go outside after government loose the policy

almost 70% people I know getting this damn virus

Taopiaopiao Saturday Estimates

#1 Avatar: The Way Of Water - ¥75.24M ($10.76M)

#2 Someday or One Day - ¥54.15M ($7.75M)

#3 One Piece: Film Red - ¥1.97M ($280K)

#4 Puss in Boot: The Last Wish - ¥999K ($143K)

#5 Detective Conan: The Bride Of Halloween - ¥779K ($112K)

Avatar is down by 46.9% from Last SAT

• Like 1

Damn The new opener Someday or One Day have same “Want to see” data as TWE 2 and opening day like a crap

TWE2 really should move….

I predict Covid destory the market for 3 month,and we will start recover

Avatar 2 also need a re-release here

Edited by Bruce

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

Damn The new film have same Want to see data as TWE 2 and opening day like a crap

TWE2 really should move….

The new release with out of norm tepid level of PS multiplier is another example the Covid-19 hesitation. Most of people in China simply not ready or available for public gathering no matter how much they want to see a movie.

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The new release with out of norm tepid level of PS multiplier is another example the Covid-19 hesitation. Most of people in China simply not ready or available for public gathering no matter how much they want to see a movie.

TWE 2 should move to August,that’s the best choice

If its release now it could be end at only ¥1800m-2000m,in August it should do double

Edited by Bruce