A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

We import a trillion dollars of their crap and they limit our exports. No wonder why our economy and currency has gone to hell. I thought Frozen could do 50m + there. No chance now. Could do 100m in Japan though based on S Korea's run.

Edited by mfantin65

I've never seen them.

You miss the point.

RIPD = representative of Hollywood for you? Really?

They will miss Frozen like they missed other great movies so yeah it's bad.

Everyone has to make choices about what films to see or not, just like you choose not to see those Chinese films. Different people have different tastes and things that you like isn't going to be liked by everyone. I can say that I myself have no interest in seeing Frozen because it doesn't look like the kind of film I like. So yes I will miss out on it, just like everyone else misses out on other films.

• Like 2

Probably will go down as the dumbest thing you've ever posted.  Yeah, when will China wake up and realize how much they're missing by not showing Movie 43, R.I.P.D. and Scary Movie 5!! 

Well you completely misinterpreted what I meant with my post, thanks.  When did I even allude to those movies? :/

Everyone has to make choices about what films to see or not, just like you choose not to see those Chinese films. Different people have different tastes and things that you like isn't going to be liked by everyone. I can say that I myself have no interest in seeing Frozen because it doesn't look like the kind of film I like. So yes I will miss out on it, just like everyone else misses out on other films.

Agreed!

That's right, everyone has to make choices. But there are people who might love that kind of movie, but don't have the opportunity to even choose it because of the limited theaters/screens. Now THEY will miss out on it.

Edited by catlover

That's right, everyone has to make choices. But there are people who might love that kind of movie, but don't have the opportunity to even choose it because of the limited theaters/screens. Now THEY will miss out on it.

You should know that Frozen didn't get limited  by someone, just because three big films did much better than it. By 8:30pm ,Frozen is good ,the other three better.

You should know that Frozen didn't get limited  by someone, just because three big films did much better than it. By 8:30pm ,Frozen is good ,the other three better.

I was talking about the showtimes. It only has like 10% right? That limits the opportunity to see the movie, no? But anyway, how good is it doing today?

I don't understand where is the problem in getting "only" 10% of the showings... in the rest of the World Frozen had so much less than that in many countries because there are many movies on the theatres at the same time, and it did huge business... 10% means 1 screen in a 10 screens multiplex or 2 in a 20 screens one. That's the usual. Or am I wrong?

• Like 1

I don't understand where is the problem in getting "only" 10% of the showings... in the rest of the World Frozen had so much less than that in many countries because there are many movies on the theatres at the same time, and it did huge business... 10% means 1 screen in a 10 screens multiplex or 2 in a 20 screens one. That's the usual. Or am I wrong?

I agree. China has huge number of screens. So 10% aint bad at all. Key thing is WOM. if its good cant it gross like 3M per day with "just" 10% of showings. Plus if its good I can see it play in limited screens even beyond 10 days. So before declaring doom let us wait for day 1 numbers plus WOM. 

Yeah, because of fierce competition, a local animated film select to quite the market two days ago . The three big films take over 73%+ shows .

Exactly!

In fact, choosing to see Barnyard instead of Toy Story 3 has the same identical value of doing the opposite. All tastes are equal.